Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My other problem with 1 was that all the fun items and stuff were based around murder most orrible so playing the ghost route just meant mega blink and time stop usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

38) Murder By Numbers
39) Hatoful Boyfriend
40) Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday Star

The pigeon VNs came free with Murder By Numbers for some reason and I read them both. Happy New Year.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1 was great but I disliked how they made Chaos stuff so fun and then the Chaos ending is kind of bas.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
2 is an example of a game that's seemingly better in every way yet somehow worse.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Every game with that type of morality ends up with a boring protagonist and story imo. I like the mechanics and world of dishonoured a tonne. Daud had a better story 8n his dlc in 1 because it didn’t have to change it if you’re being a goodie or baddie

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

morality systems suck rear end

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

getting the bad ending where bowser murdered peach before mario even arrives as revenge for all the goombas he stomped

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

morality systems suck rear end

what about in pre historic ancient boomer game ultima iv: quest of the avatar where you become jesus christ by slightly overtipping the local herb seller 300 times in a row

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

what about in pre historic ancient boomer game ultima iv: quest of the avatar where you become jesus christ by slightly overtipping the local herb seller 300 times in a row

It has the most realistic morality system because you can murder and steal all you want and then do that and everyone likes you again

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

death stranding. glad i took the time to finally finish it after putting it down last year

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pikmin 3 Deluxe - All Badges

Managed to squeeze in all 3 Pikmin games this year after all. The new stuff in the Deluxe version is pretty great, I liked the Olimar side story a lot and the Ultra-Spicy difficulty was a nice remix for the main story.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

39. Spyro 2 (100%)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Riptos rage is pretty good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
1 > 3 > 2 imho

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
1 is too simple, 3 goes overboard with minigames and makes u play as characters other than spyro, 2 is just right.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
2 weirded me out as a kid with how unevenly the levels were spread across the homeworlds, though as an adult it's pretty clear they wanted 4 but ran out of time and just crammed them into the middle one.

e: 1 > 2 > 3, IMO

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Arrhythmia posted:

e: 1 > 2 > 3, IMO

came in and saw this without any context and all i can say is: wow. you couldn’t be more wrong.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

b_d posted:

came in and saw this without any context and all i can say is: wow. you couldn’t be more wrong.
lmfao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i've never played a spyro game but i can say with certainy that they're ALL euro dev western sony trash

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

b_d posted:

this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

1 > 3 > 2 imho

I need to replay 1 in the remastered form since it's hard to compare across PSX and PS4 versions but I liked 2 more, although the bosses take too long. I liked that the bosses in 1 were just weird looking polygons that explode in one flame breath like everyone else.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

b_d posted:

lmfao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

b_d posted:

Lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

b_d posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

b_d posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

b_d posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

Lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) Hades - First escape.
2) Slay the Spire: A2 Ironclad clear.
2A) Slay the Spire: A3 Ironclad clear.
2B) Slay the Spire: A0 Silent clear.
3) Nioh - Way of the Samurai All non-DLC missions
3a) Nioh - All DLC
4) Nioh 2 - Way of the Samurai
5) Doom Eternal
6) Resident Evil 3 Remake (100% Collectibles, no Item Box, no Healing)
7) FFVIIRM
8) Trials of Mana (2020)
9) Streets of Rage 4
10) Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
11) Halo CE
12) Ghost of Tsushima
13) Marvel's Avengers
14) Kirby Super Star Ultra
15) Super Metroid
16) Mega Man X
17) Katamari Damacy REROLL
18) Mega Man
19) Final Fantasy 6
20) Yakuza 0
21) Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
22) Cyberpunk 2077 - Female Corpo, Ending: Rogue->Johnny ending
23) Black Mesa
24) Deus Ex

Went for my favourite ending (Dark Age). Still an incredible game. More games need to let you use your strength/explosives to unlock doors imo.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

b_d posted:

lmfao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

b_d posted:

roflmao

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Return of the Obra Dinn

I want to wash my brain out and do it again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

b_d posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive got family stuff tonight and tomorrow so this looks like my list:

Fungah! posted:

0. death stranding
1. la mulana
2. super metroid
3. trials of mana remake
4. monster train
5. animal crossing (i got the credit roll it counts)
6. the outer wild
7. yakuza kiwami 2 + majima saga
8. yoku's island express
9. final fantasy 7
10. final fantasy 8
11. bloodstained: curse of the moon (veteran, normal)
12. super mario 64, 120 stars
13. hades
14. super mario sunshine
15. celeste
16. knights of the round
17. return of the obra dinn
18. katamari damacy reroll
19. part time ufo - all medals
20. ni no kuni: wrath of the white witch
21. super mario galaxy, 120 stars
22. ff7 remake, normal mode
23. alpha protocol
24. super mario odyssey

pretty drat win year for gaming. not a lot of games that came out this year bit also like 3 games actually came out this year so that sounds about right. i'd say hades is my favorite game from this year wth ff7 remake right behind and animal crossing just after that. favorite game on this list...hm. its one of death stranding, hades, yakuza kiwami 2, the outer wild, or ni no kuni.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

33. ECHO. cool setting and concept but it's not fun to play at all

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Cyberpunk 2077 - Female Corpo life path, went with the ending where I raided Arasaka HQ with the nomads and then left Night City to find a new home with them and my girl Judy. Incredible game, absolutely fantastic. I’m not a completionist at all and can’t even remember the last time I 100%-ed a game but in this one I did all side content except buying all the cars, I was having so much fun that I just wanted to do everything the game would let me do. Some of my favorite characters in gaming history, an insanely cool, fully-realized setting, fun combat, and great writing—this will definitely be my GOTY since there’s no way I’ll be able to beat Like a Dragon, the other contender, by the end of tomorrow.

I had very high expectations since TW3 is one of my favorite games and they were still exceeded.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 - Female Corpo life path, went with the ending where I raided Arasaka HQ with the nomads and then left Night City to find a new home with them and my girl Judy. Incredible game, absolutely fantastic. I’m not a completionist at all and can’t even remember the last time I 100%-ed a game but in this one I did all side content except buying all the cars, I was having so much fun that I just wanted to do everything the game would let me do. Some of my favorite characters in gaming history, an insanely cool, fully-realized setting, fun combat, and great writing—this will definitely be my GOTY since there’s no way I’ll be able to beat Like a Dragon, the other contender, by the end of tomorrow.

I had very high expectations since TW3 is one of my favorite games and they were still exceeded.

Cheers 🥂

Any plans to see the other endings?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

fadam posted:

Cheers 🥂

Any plans to see the other endings?

Not on this save file at least, think I want to keep them somewhat of a surprise for later playthroughs. I was considering it but I’m really happy with the ending I got. Kind of wish I could have taken Yorinobu down too but I explicitly chose to pass on that in order to do what I did instead so I can’t complain, otherwise it was pretty much exactly the ending I was hoping for.

I’ve got my next character planned out, male street kid with an intelligence/hacking spec, and I think I’ll take Hanako’s ending if something doesn’t change my mind mid-playthrough, but I think I’m going to wait and see what the dlc plans are first, if there’s anything as epic as the Witcher 3 expansions coming I want to do them with this V.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I couldn't beat it/wont be able to beat it in time, but it was definitely one of the best games I played this year. I've been enjoying just going ham with a legendary dildo on everyone.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Whoops i forogt i bwat cuphead before dishonored
24) culhead. I pirated it yeards ago and swas 3 bkssse awayn from finishing jt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Unkless i pull off aome miraculous gamer proewess i dont think ill be able to finizh link between worlds un the 23 remaining hours og 202p