Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

colachute posted:

I’m gonna impose tariffs on Monty posts. Only picture of Monty for every page of my thread but I GUARANTEE a post every page.

E: this is a normal campaign promise and should be treated as such

Ha dusted bitch you broke your campaign promise :smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's what you were doing? :stare:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Lmao just make this the 2020 drunk thread

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

wtf is going on with this "forums drama"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Seems like lowtax isn't effectively dealing with assholes from fyad which is pissing off a lot of goons. Also his spine fell out a while back and his wife kidnapped his daughter/her stepdaughter and fled the state.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

wtf is going on with this "forums drama"

Might be the best summary:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908432&perpage=40&pagenumber=89#post501226034

at least on the CSPAM/D&D front

Since FYAD has been clamped down on all of the “FYAD-lites” are getting overflow which is making any existing issues way worse.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
why are these current event threads in the army subforum anyway? I mostly just engage with the LP side of this place so I'm not Hip To The SA Culture

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

why are these current event threads in the army subforum anyway? I mostly just engage with the LP side of this place so I'm not Hip To The SA Culture

DND and CSPAM are both current events forums. Several other forums have their own “chat” threads that discuss current events through the lens of that forum’s community.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Several subforums have current events threads that have their own slant depending on the culture of the subforum.

This is just the best one. Also maybe the GBS nihilist Trump thread that got imported into C-SPAM.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
January current event: The forums are currently broken right now and if you log out of your account you won't be able to log back in.

I'm not joking. Don't log out.

Edit: Nevermind, it's fixed now.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Lol amazing.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Free 2F

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Aardvark posted:

Lol amazing.

Lowtax set the forums to put everything behind the paywall and that busted something with logging in for some users.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

hobbesmaster posted:

DND and CSPAM are both current events forums. Several other forums have their own “chat” threads that discuss current events through the lens of that forum’s community.

I feel like there was a rise on those CE threads after there was a temporary moratorium on the USPol thread in D&D.

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

McNally posted:

January current event: The forums are currently broken right now and if you log out of your account you won't be able to log back in.

I'm not joking. Don't log out.

Edit: Nevermind, it's fixed now.

I will never log out.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
oh so I just managed to drift into the gis instance of the december current event thread, followed the january thread link to gis, never noticed these threads were going on in gis until now, and made a faulty assumption. thanks for explaining, sorry for the bother

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

oh so I just managed to drift into the gis instance of the december current event thread, followed the january thread link to gis, never noticed these threads were going on in gis until now, and made a faulty assumption. thanks for explaining, sorry for the bother

You're not a bother, and you're also welcome to post.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

as a filthy civilian I can say GiP is very welcoming, on the flip side one of the reasons the CE thread don't suck is because it runs under the radar

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Where's all the whining about GIPs continued existence happening?

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
Just got back to the hotel from the winter classic. Holy poo poo talk about a total loving clusterfuck of an event. 85,000 idiots stumbling around and acting like a brain dead herd, no semblance of any organization anywhere. Overheard a cop on the radio saying a person had collapsed and people were trying to resuscitate them, but that the crowd was so thick they couldn’t get a stretcher to him. Watched the ambulance try and turn into the Midway thing only to have to spend the next 10 minutes trying to back up. In short gently caress cotton bowl stadium

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Smiling Jack posted:

as a filthy civilian I can say GiP is very welcoming, on the flip side one of the reasons the CE thread don't suck is because it runs under the radar

It has its own issues, but we also aggressively mock and kick out gently caress heads that poo poo up this thread too.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Casimir Radon posted:

Nowhere, it was one post in cspam.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Smiling Jack posted:

It's also the only CE thread that's slow enough that I can follow it, which I appreciate a lot. Sure, there are cop and gun chat derails, but I can just ignore those (not being American helps).

This is generally a chill and politically sane thread, it's usually fun to read.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The occasional derail like cops, taxes, or the best type of taco filling.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Godholio posted:

Seems like lowtax isn't effectively dealing with assholes from fyad which is pissing off a lot of goons. Also his spine fell out a while back and his wife kidnapped his daughter/her stepdaughter and fled the state.

Oh poo poo I didn’t realize it was only her stepdaughter when she ran.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lowtax is a wonderful kind boy who has never done anything wrong and there is no reason to doubt anything he says

edit: lol lowtax had shmorky around his daughter

edit 2: lowtax practiced changing diapers on shmorky

PookBear fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 2, 2020

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

mlmp08 posted:

Deep fried avocado chunks with dark beer and garlic panko breading.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

McNally posted:

Nowhere, it was one post in cspam.

A post I responded to and refuted 5 pages later. Proudly. My duty

Edit: current understanding - PPJ is bad DnD mod who runs apartheid tactics on posters who fly CSPAM colors in his thread, tells logic to gas SUCCDEM to "send a message". lolradium it leaks that post, someone posts it,

Another posts gets posted from 2003 about a Nazi factory, he gets permad for doxing via using the quote button and the search and archives features that cost $20, then was gets closed, them fyad gets reopened, then we all wait for Jeffrey, then posts, then Livestream, then posts.

Did I get that aroundish right?

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 2, 2020

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

LingcodKilla posted:

Oh poo poo I didn’t realize it was only her stepdaughter when she ran.

I think this is incorrect. It was his youngest, her biological daughter, that she left with. The other girls being at their mom I assume. Though I haven't followed the drama since then so I don't know how it was resolved.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

mlmp08 posted:

Grilled chipotle chicken.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

AlexanderCA posted:

I think this is incorrect. It was his youngest, her biological daughter, that she left with. The other girls being at their mom I assume. Though I haven't followed the drama since then so I don't know how it was resolved.

To my knowledge it has yet to be resolved.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Crakkerjakk posted:

Deep fried avocado chunks with dark beer and garlic panko breading.
Where does one find this, because it sounds incredible.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

mlmp08 posted:

Mango salsa, chimichurri

Tax the rich to pay for my automated space communism

COP CHAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFdE__2OKc8

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/nbcpolitics/status/1212509072160907268?s=21

Reminder: the GOP is deliberately enabling bigots.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how Cait Jenner feels.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Thwomp posted:

Rich and not a federal employee, so "let them eat poo poo" about it all, I assume? Turns out being an oppressed minority is always fraught, but money/power makes it easier.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

I think there's like 2 or 3 people who have a grudge against GIP in particular, maybe a couple more who just don't like the idea of a dedicated military subforum, which I think is fairly reasonable. Probably a few more people are under the impression that we're all super chuds in here, but I think for the most part people are willing to just let us be.

It probably helps that we have the best dog thread.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Thwomp posted:

Rich enough to be insulated from the terrible policies she voted for.

But, probably not good.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/i-was-wrong-about-trump-caitlyn-jenner-says-op-ed-n924531

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Fister Roboto posted:

I think there's like 2 or 3 people who have a grudge against GIP in particular, maybe a couple more who just don't like the idea of a dedicated military subforum, which I think is fairly reasonable. Probably a few more people are under the impression that we're all super chuds in here, but I think for the most part people are willing to just let us be.

I can’t imagine they hate us more than we seem to hate each other. They may as well just get over themselves and post here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nystral posted:

It has its own issues, but we also aggressively mock and kick out gently caress heads that poo poo up this thread too.

and yet I'm allowed to stay hmm