Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I need to stop ordering food all the time and people and the internet have been telling me insta pots and things like this are cool easy and good. What and how do you use one cause that looks delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Israel has had nukes since like 68 so lol

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I wonder what the retention rate is on new accounts active after a year

Define as say like a post a month or something

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Guys I travel extensively for business and got a keffiyah/ shawl thing while I was in africa because it was hot and useful. I sometimes use it in cold climates to shield my face or as a fashion accessory because I am a vain idiot but.....

Am I being lumped in with those cosplaying tool bags when I wear one in public if it's cold or hot and windy?

Please provide guidance

- An SoF Marine
I was never in

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

I can speak from some scientific and medical knowledge about the China coronavirus outbreak. The coronavirus can be pretty lethal, and this outbreak is still in its infancy and we likely haven’t yet fully sequenced its genome to allow totally complete back and forward tracking of all the cases. The death rate isn’t that high but the morbidity rate certainly is not something to ignore. This wouldn’t have a problem overcrowding hospitals and taxing our medical infrastructure if it got a foothold. Thing is, this species of virus loves to come out with a new debut every few years that’s super hopped up and knows how to kill people via respiratory failure. They also travel across the globe quite well. Virology is a strange thing. I just had a patient a few weeks ago that tested positive for coronavirus HKU1 here in the west coast. Which, is pretty crazy if you read this wiki.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_coronavirus_HKU1

It was only discovered after outbreak in China in 2005 and since then has slowly creeped its way across the ocean to the East coast, and then onto everywhere else. It’s kind of awesome/terrifying that even in 2020 there are new viruses popping up we have never seen before.

Our world is a snot.

papa nurgle is proud

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Rogan apologists will say his transphobic comments have been for transgender people’s own safety but that’s dumb and incorrect.

And this is not a nuanced discussion of Fallon, it’s an anti-trans rant complete with antiquated stereotypes about women’s work.

Joe sucks and the only time I listen to him is when he interviews fighters as he's got a fantastic knowledge of all things MMA. He's got a lot of lovely views and platforms nazis but this like trans-comment is imo kind of dumb. He's being crass, unsympathetic and saying poorly but he has a point.

I support trans rights, but when it comes to athletics, especially MMA or physical/contact sports there's a huge difference between a man and a women or male/female or whatever term we want to use. I ran a 10.53 100m in high school which is fast but in no way especially impressive as far as track times go (I didn't even qualify for state and rarely competed for my school. It was a requirement all athletes did a year of track). The womens world record is 10.49 and Olympic record is 10.69. I, a 17 year old boy who ran track for 6 months was faster than female Olympic sprinters. Gold in Rio in 2016 was something like 10.70/1. Go look at any measurable athletic statistic and you'll see a similar chasm. The women's Olympic soccer team who destroyed china in the world cup lost a tune up game 5-2 to an under 15 boys soccer team.

I really don't want to be probated/attacked over this and I think there's some nuanced discussion that needs to occur of which i am incredibly uneducated and unaware of the issues in this space, but I'm a former (now fat and old) high level athlete and when we start moving to D1, Olympic, World Class level athletes past high school there are realities that need to be considered.

e:

That Works posted:

ngl I found the original UFC of like 150lb Gracie vs like 220 lb Samoans and poo poo a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

ADCC would be of general interest to you, specifically the absolute division which is the premier grappling medal in the world which has no weight division. There is a good split between good and small guys, Marcelo Garcia won like 4 or 5 times, he's like 5'5 140/150ish but recently in the last maybe 6 years its all been heavy weights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QqsFcB6Y3w skip to 2:10 for the action

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

I’m in south FL and didn’t feel it, but some buildings in Miami were evacuated after they started swaying.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article239725568.html

I live in coral gables and nothing happened but my friends on key biscayne or edgewater all got evacuated outta their condos.