Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I realize that landlords are hosed up and my last one used to trespass and spy on me. However, you still shouldn’t use a forum thread to talk about your specific plans to lure the landlord into your apartment so you can murder them and make it look like self defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ManMythLegend posted:

For real, social media is going to be a complete poo poo show starting in August/September because of this. Political deep fakes are already here and we are completely unprepared for it as a society, especially domestically produced ones.

People keep saying this but what exactly would a “prepared society” look like or do differently?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

colachute posted:

People freak out about putting caste iron in the dishwasher but I did it and everything turned out fine.

Most of the old school cast iron wisdom is irrelevant these days. Once a pan is seasoned it’s pretty hard to damage it without physically scraping it off. Soap and water are fine.

I think there was specifically a problem with old soap made out of lye or something.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Seeing a lot of people elsewhere doing that reflexive thing where the IRGC must be good if what Trump did is bad

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

dubzee posted:

A buddy of mine is retired SF, still does recon training on contract basis 'round Fayettenam, he just posted this on FB and I had to share:

Hell, let’s give it a shot

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GoGoGadget posted:

This has nothing to do with Nazis. It's the dumb thing they do during a "spiritual" moment. It's like adjusting the antenna to better receive God or some dumb poo poo.

Not to say you implied this. But a lot of people in those comments were.

And you believe them?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

One year seems like an understatement

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I've really enjoyed the desperate implication that you can fully disrupt a functioning enterprise by removing a single manager

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The NRA has been actively pushing falsehoods about the proposed gun control laws in VA. I’ve seen a lot of distant acquaintances posting about how they’re ready to murder people because of something a local NRA rep told them.

I don’t really expect organized violence but I do expect Dems to cave.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 6, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nationalize Boeing and give the tooling to Airbus

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don't really see the need for conspiracy theories involving the Iran shootdown given that nobody is using it as a reason to say anything besides that war loving sucks and innocent people die when militaries make mistakes

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That’s like the lamest scandal I’ve ever seen described

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Impeached in the rear end for making a perfect phone call

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mocking the NYT is the only thing I consistently agree with Trump on

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Luckily the only screaming at this event so far is from the stitches on their tactical gear

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Not surprised Hillary is looking for a way to lose an election she’s not even in

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I paid the $50 fee to uncap my Comcast connection and celebrated with a 500GB set of DOS games with piles of multimedia extras

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stravag posted:

According to IFLscience, they suspect Corona jumped from snakes to humans

Can't believe the first guy to gently caress a snake is going to get us all killed

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can't believe loving snakes finally came back

to bite us

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I am embarrassed to see something so pathetic on DoS letterhead

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

These guys really do lose their god damned minds when women talk back to them.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Knives Amilli posted:

not understanding all the unnecessary hate for Kobe and this is coming from someone who hated the Cult of Ball Hoggery and Bad Shots Kobes game style cultivated.

I think it’s the rape op

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

It was super weird because I went to Monster Jam with my friends because we figured it'd be a fun thing to do for ten bucks.

Anyways, I went to the bathroom at some point and a friend sent me a text telling me Kobe died in a helicopter crash, so queue me running up to my friends at Monster Jam with ear pro on yelling "Hey, Kobe's dead!" and then like a dozen people in that section pulling out their phones to check.

Weird loving day.

Did the trucks do that thing where they run up a wall and do a backflip?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

The weather report from the nearest airport said overcast at 1100 feet and 2.5 miles visibility at the surface. The hills they crashed into were at 1600 feet. They were flying visually.

2.5 miles seems like plenty of distance to avoid flying into a hill. Were they flying in the clouds yet saying they were still in VFR?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Alaan posted:

Boy do I have something to tell you about every other mode of transportation

tbh I want to see numbers minus single car accidents, covering only timid driving at 40mph max on residential streets in early daylight hours

Probably still works out worse than air travel but I bet there’s a magnitude of difference

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

When can I expect to be repatriated for losing my job?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

brains posted:

having flown that exact stretch of land along the border, this is what the "high tech manufacturing zone" looks like:

great location for a tech startup, imo

Ah, the same concept as West Virginia’s “tech corridor.”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It would be insanely, shockingly dumb for the KGB to award an undercover agent a medal while he's still in enemy territory lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

These guys realize they’re not making anything resembling logical legal arguments, right?

It sounds like they’re having fun with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The troop supporter strikes again