Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Fallom posted:

I realize that landlords are hosed up and my last one used to trespass and spy on me. However, you still shouldn’t use a forum thread to talk about your specific plans to lure the landlord into your apartment so you can murder them and make it look like self defense.

don't kill him but do find out his home address for when the revolution comes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lowtax is 100% going to die this year and im gonna laugh

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lowtax is a wonderful kind boy who has never done anything wrong and there is no reason to doubt anything he says

edit: lol lowtax had shmorky around his daughter

edit 2: lowtax practiced changing diapers on shmorky

PookBear fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 2, 2020

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

did she drop out as well?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

It all depends on how hosed things get and how far this poo poo escalates. 300k-500k dead easy if this starts another civil war in Iraq.

The Iranian backed "Popular" Mobilization Units that are trained, bought, and paid for by Iran are not exactly popular in a lot of the country. I could see this poo poo devolving into another civil war, but I think the most likely scenario is one where we're forced to leave Iraq and Iran will basically make it a puppet state.

Iran is the only country that could realistically fill the power vacuum

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i have absolutely no sympathy for anyone that joined post 2016 lmao

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

not caring here posted:

Yo mustang, change your phone number, close down yo Facebook, just disafuckibgpear because you about to get stop lossed on terminal leave.

i'd die laughing

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

EBB posted:

if the dude is smart his phone is in the trash and he's off in the woods already

have you read the army thread tho lol

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

mustang isn't going into hiding he's already checked in with the OOD

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

what kind of sign on bonus would it take to get you to drive from Kuwait to Iran through a sea of IEDs

none, the only way I'd rejoin would be if I wasn't married and I got to kill Saudis

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

And if those cannibals keep trying
To sacrifice us to their pride
They soon shall hear the bullets flying
We’ll shoot the generals on our own side.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

How long will it take to capture Tehran? 2 days
Will Ali Khamenei be killed? Yes
Total Iranian civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Iran: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Iranian army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the IRGC fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Ali Khamenei launch attacks on the Kurds? Yes
Will Ali Khamenei launch attacks on Israel? No
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Ali Khamenei sacrifice Tehran (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Kurds make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Turkey do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Ali Khamenei burn the oil fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying Iran? ~15 years
Will the Iran war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

we have to look at what those civilian casualties are- just because they're civilian doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a cruise missile fired at the market.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house is targetting by a smart bomb and blown up.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since the US doesn't make a habit of targetting markets or houses, they're very small in number!

3) A civilian working at a chemical weapon factory gets killed when the chemical weapon plant is bombed.

4) A civilian security guard at a weapons depot is killed when the weapons explode.

5) A civilian contractor repairing a tank is killed by a MOAB dropped on the unit.

6) A civilian engineer is killed when the military command center he works at is destroyed.

7) A civilian delivering snackiecakes to the baghdad bunker vending machines eats a 5,000lb bunker buster.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of civilians directly supporting the military that aren't exactly "innocent" and would be mire rightly counted among the military casualties than civilian. I'm a civilian and work for the US military, but I acknowledge I'm also a valid military target because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of civilian casualties in this campaign will not be innocent.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

dead rear end looks like every movie that uses a filter to make mexico look run down and grungy

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

everyone in the military that helped kill soleimani should be put on trial for war crimes

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Holy loving the Iranians just killed the top seal commander

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/iranian-gen-qasem-soleimani-guiding-iraqi-forces-fight-against-isis-n321496

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

I've long since thought that the Trump presidency is the last gasp of the racist boomers (but I repeat myself), but tack on "fundie neocon" to the front of that, based on Pompeo being the driving force and Esper being an empty suit.

yeah yang style tech bros are gonna be the next wave of conservatives

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

if trump nuked iran he would 100% get reelected lmao

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

no, war on iran!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I remember reading a study from ww2 and you need to destroy something like 65% of houses/apartments before it puts a significant strain on a population during war time as they'll just double up.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

trump is gonna mr magoo his way into a loving nobel peace prize

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The US is a cargo colt aping at colonialism but only understanding the violence part

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'd go on TV and kill myself if I caused that

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

Any sympathy I have for the cause is drowned in the sea of blood the PIRA unleashed, including poo poo like kidnapping a person's family and forcing them to become a suicide bomber.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_bomb

I can respect a cause but despise a terror group.

The brits did worse poo poo and british intelligence openly cooperated with protestant kill squads. I mean there isn't really a limit to what I would do if the US was invaded.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

of course though a cop would loving defend margaret thatchers kill squads

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the ira did the same poo poo that the brits did but only one of them is a terrorist in your brain

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

you can at least get a blowjob in space

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Booker is out lol

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Booker having his entire schtick stolen by Pete is pretty funny

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

You misspelled “Warren” there, chief...

im gonna say the r word

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I love jim webb just for how blunt he is

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I swear to god 99% of the podcasts/youtubers can only cum if they're hearing themselves talk

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

it is a joke, you guys are acting crazy these days and im glad you had the sensibility to see that at least

im gonna keep listening to comedians talk though bc i enjoy it

before you said that victor vermis admitted to listening to nazi podcasts

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Wow. This seems incredibly heavy handed and not quite deserved based on the content of this post. I really don't think VV was in any way advocating for the alt-right just because he listens to Joe Rogan.

because Joe Rogan was the loving problem

" April 2017, Harris stirred controversy by hosting the social scientist Charles Murray on his podcast, discussing topics including the heritability of IQ and race and intelligence.[56] Harris stated the invitation was out of indignation at a violent protest against Murray at Middlebury College the month before and not out of particular interest in the material at hand"

PookBear fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 15, 2020

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Best Friends posted:

Joe Rogan is a dumb meathead who sometimes platforms Nazis, but having it be ban worthy to listen to his podcast is absolutely ridiculous. That's a straight up ban for wrongthink. Same with Ben Shapiro and whatever other people VV posted.

Also Rogan is one of the most popular and most heavily promoted podcasts in the world. I'm a certified "Joe Rogan is a secret fash" believer myself but even given that, if you think most listeners are fash themselves then you have never met his listeners.

Joe Rogan wasn't the problem you absolute poo poo for brains it was the nazis

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Everything else aside Warren does not seem like a politician.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Flying_Crab posted:

I’m OK with currently incarcerated people not being allowed to vote as part of their punishment, but it absolutely should not be disallowed post-release. Also the census needs to count prisoners in their actual home area and not whether the prison is located for the purposes of determining representation.

Eh, I don't like the idea of murderers being able to vote but if there are enough people in jail to swing an election then your society has bigger problems

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

What is scp and spopy and all those other words.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Im gonna be honest, I'm really sad that demo dick doesn't have a spot in this administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

What's happening in China is the same thing that happened to the US when we switched to canning, where food industry grew a lot faster than bureaucracy and regulation can keep up. They didn't need regulation that long ago because they were likely buying local.