Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

We’re still 2 minutes to midnight on the Doomsday Clock, per the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists.

quote:

As you will see in the pages that follow, this year’s Doomsday Clock statement draws attention to the devolving state of nuclear and climate security. It also points to a qualitative change in information warfare and a steady misrepresentation of fact that is undermining confidence in political structures and scientific inquiry. At the same time, science is racing forward, and new global governance structures are desperately needed to manage rapidly evolving and potentially dangerous technologies.

https://thebulletin.org/doomsday-clock/current-time/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’m on the cast-iron train too. Just did pancakes in it, but stir fry, eggs, quesadillas, chicken, and other stuff all goes into it at some point or another :)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The biggest plot twist here is that Florida Man is not involved.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Is this why army people are stalking my LinkedIn? :stonklol:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mustang posted:

Seeing "veteran" anything makes me want to avoid it. It's as if their experience in the military is the sole defining aspect of their identity and somehow makes their product or service provided superior to someone else's.

You seem to have learned this faster than I did, kudos

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Bolton still not getting any love hate from anyone :laffo:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I think that’s when Iranian EFPs and other ordnance start showing up mysteriously more often in the hands of “Iraqi” militias.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Godholio posted:

But he graduated first in his West Point class!

That’s the biggest and earliest mark against him :negative:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The Memorandalorian

Co-star: baby hands

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Strava.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/28/fitness-tracking-app-gives-away-location-of-secret-us-army-bases

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

And the one after that will fix the fix. Working as intended :downs:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Christ man, that’s terrifying :stare: I’m glad your family is alright.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Who the gently caress is Tom Steyer?

I've seen a bunch of his commercials in NC, but I think he's been pouring cash into SC's TV markets. The first I ever heard of him was Thanksgiving when I was at my parents' place, he's running the "I'M BETTER THAN TRMUP AT BUSINESS :downs:" angle (and it's terrible).

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

He must’ve wished upon a monkey’s paw.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

DeSantis did...something good? :confused:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-ne-everglades-oil-drilling-buy-20200115-aefh3yaq6rcrdaekhpjclnszry-story.html

There was probably no money in it for him

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

EXONERATION
NO TWEETING
DON'T GIVE A gently caress IF I LEFT THE KURDS BLEEDING

:vince:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Best Friends posted:

If his brain got rewired overnight and he suddenly became nice, they would drop him like he was litter in a national park.

:smith:

Apt metaphor...but :smith:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

My job with NPS is pulling up trash that other people left behind, so the first one hits me straight in the soul :(

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Oh man, we’ll have all the idiot stories come out of there, and we’ll likely know the names of the first one to do all the classic stupid newbie mistakes.

Anyone want to take a stab at:

Model of car bought at too high interest for the first time in the service?

Name of the first stripper that space-joe marries to get out of the barracks?

With the stand-up of a new service, we’ll have fodder for the Idiots thread for years :getin:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’m going with Skye or Star for the stripper, and a corvette stingray for the car.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

I’m going with Skye or Star for the stripper, and a corvette stingray for the car.

Changing this to Nova, for:

Nova (exploding star)
and Nova (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Also, who wants to bet about how long it is before space dicks replace sky dicks as something we're laughing over? I'm sure there will "accidentally" be a geostat satellite constellation that's appropriately shaped :dong:

e: if you played with the inclinations juuuuuuust right, you could have a flip-flopping space-dong corkscrewing its way across the sky :laffo:

e2: teabags as the mission patch.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 18, 2020

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Diving in marina water to clean boat hulls is not something I’d wish upon anyone :vomarine:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Scraping hulls with a Brillo pad was a thing in NC, the shop I used to work for charged about $10 per foot to do it. A boat may get hauled out for a bottom painting, but that’s like every 2 years or so.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Wow, someone actually managed to come across as the same kind of evil that I see in Pence :stonklol:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

LongDarkNight posted:

Some things are international.

Same thing goes for the Germans. Schwäbisch is nigh unintelligible to someone from Berlin (who thinks they speak hoch Deutsch proper German :v:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Explosion in a Houston neighborhood, happened ~4:15AM local time.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/01/24/large-explosion-causes-buildings-home-to-rattle-in-west-houston-police-say/

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

With a virus, my guess is that they’re going after the vector or reservoir (can be the same organism, but not always iirc). As for exactly what they’ll use, some pesticides and nerve agents aren’t terribly different, chemically...so I’m guessing something that blurs the line between the two, and maybe a defoliant for good measure?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Well yea, but if they were actually doing it I think that’s how it would go :v:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Most of us aren’t in anymore, so on at least one day we weren’t :v:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I don’t think the flu is getting knocked off its pedestal anytime soon, but we have a wannabe contender who’s showing off and needs crushing swiftly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’m in south FL and didn’t feel it, but some buildings in Miami were evacuated after they started swaying.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article239725568.html