Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Why are all these fucks on twitter?

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1212933800914755584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Ben Sasse is Nebraska's second worst export, above Don Bacon, but trailing behind the loving Huskers. His whole brand of "mew mew, well I'm the only adult here in the room dontchaknow" is heinous bullshit, and his entire political career is to boost sales of his grocery store clearance level novel.

From direct observation, he also puts ketchup on his prime rib, so gently caress 'im.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Women are too emotional to be in positions of political power.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1214699236790611970

Oh gently caress, we're all gonna die of sheer pettiness. Has anyone activated the strategic memer brigades?

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

This is ridiculous. I wonder how they'll spin it

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
I really wouldn't be surprised if he just cannot handle the fact that Iran called his poo poo out and that he's had a complete meltdown/ loss of coherence. He's not appeared well in the last few public speaking sessions he's had since the crisis kicked off

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Apparently Mike Lee was raging specifically because the Administration would not confirm that they would seek congressional approval before launching further assassination attempts up to, and including the Supreme Leader of Iran. These people are utterly insane and need to be removed from any sort of power yesterday.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Bored As gently caress posted:

Lmao what the everliving gently caress

@SenMikeLee This extreme hypothetical illustrates as starkly as you could want that Trump recognizes zero constraints on his warmaking authority.

I talked to law professors about that. Some alarming quotes:

https://t.co/az9wkP09U8

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Trump now saying that "evidence " pointed to Solemani planning to blow up the US Embassy building in Baghdad, which is why he got blew up.

Trump also says he won't involve congress in future "split second" decisions involving strikes.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

In a sane world Congress would be losing their poo poo over Trump cutting them out of their rightful place.

So naturally...

Pelosi had a snarky comment ready for ABC Nightly news

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

A Bad Poster posted:

We have de Gaulle to blame for the Vietnam War!

Now you're making GBS threads on family. Vietnam was all the colons' fault

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

N4B lol

Bunch of internet outages today and the past few days no one has been talking about.

https://downdetector.com/archive/

Todays' list of downs includes Verizon, AT&T, Cox, Comcast, TD Ameritrade, Robinhood, and a bunch of games servers.

the Robinhood and TD ones were related, they share a bunch of core services and I know TD sent out something saying that they would be patching that Cisco bug today, and to expect outages to some of their big institutional clients.

e; Yeah, per TDNetwork, their TOS platform (Bloomberg lite) was receiving delayed data flows at market open, it's not anything major, the outages were a bunch of hobbyist traders not being able to execute options call

Immanentized fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 21, 2020

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

I'm reading the numbers the Chinese government is claiming to have identified and tracked, but I'm also seeing this, and IR temperature scanners at airports and the like. I really, really suspect the number is absurdly higher than just a few hundred, or a few thousand. The first outbreak was at a huge fish/wholesale food market- this is going to be the thing that we thought SARS/MERS was going to be.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

I think it's kind of clear that the true story is buried. The Chinese government is shutting down the ~40th biggest city in the whole world over a new virus that is killing fewer people than the common cold?

It's good that we're not in a panic here, but it's blatantly obvious that China isn't telling the whole story here.

Well yeah, the other thing to keep in mind is that the case-fatality rate is going to be skewed this early in the infection period. IANAD, but I have been developing a statistics background, usually, in modeling the risk of epidemic/contagion, the only reliable data you get this early is transmission rate, vector, and viral load- fatalities usually start slowly and pick up as the infection rate grows, and a wider cross-section gets infected.

It's not panic-worthy, but man I hate how the CCP buries stuff until it's egg over their own, and neighbors' faces

edit: there's also the insanity about the alleged organized crime efforts to infect farmers' pork holdings with the swine flu to influence pricing, that and the incredible abuse and misuse rates of antibiotics in the region in general, and China in particular.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/isaiah_kb/status/1220354646687899650

Hey this is cool and normal, the CEO of that facial recognition AI company is a fash or at minimum fash adjacent.

Yeah, no one with even a modicum of self-respect and awareness would want to be photographed in the same building as Chuck "Floorshitter" Johnson. That's either Shapiro in disguise, of a dyed in the wool fascist.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
In light of the new "birth tourism" restrictions, let me offer this sensible chuckle from... 2017?
https://www.thedailybeast.com/russians-flock-to-trump-properties-to-give-birth-to-us-citizens

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Man, can Trump's defense team be any more cartoony? Jay Sekulow is a goddamn caricature of a big-money lawyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Internet Wizard posted:

As a True 90s Kid I know the real threat to humanity across the multiverse isn’t ourselves, but the Cromags

You talkin' about world peace?
World peace can't be done
It just can't exist