Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Castro has suspended his campaign. A shame that he sat around for years refusing to take a shot at the Senate.

A shame that Buttigieg gets all the mayoral credit and not Castro. That he couldn’t get any support from White Midwestern Olds bothers me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

I didn't think I could hate Gallagher any more than I already do. Then Influncer Gallagher slides into the room to sell me on the war criminal lifestyle.

The loud chuds are annoying and attention-seeking, but the dangerous ones are the silent majority, the ones like Joe Rogan who nod and don't take the mental arithmetic far enough, and are willing to hear "both sides". They are the ones who will normalize this. My only hope is that Bernie can galaxybrain them into voting blue.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
This cookware derail certainly is interesting

SimonCat posted:

We use our cast iron daily. Love it.

I did contribute to this Kickstarter for a wrought iron frying pan, will give a report when it arrives.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/solidteknicsusa/yes-to-light-usa-iron-no-to-toxic-disposable-nonstick-pans

Why this and not a well-seasoned lodge?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Guys cast iron has been around for millennia so unless there's something current about them a new thread should be started

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
This is in response to the Khamenei taunt to Trump. The PMF will be pissed, I bet Iraqis are real happy and we've just prolonged the forever war :smithfrog:

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
How would this affect Afghanistan? The Taliban aren't exactly friends with Shiites there. In Syria this will force Turkey to stand up to more Iranian aggression. Iraq will fall into civil war again though, it's a great time since al-Sadr was just getting outspoken against Iran.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Lol as if 1 battalion of 82nd Airborne will be enough

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Trump literally is provoking a war to get re-elected 🤮
Bernie would have won and we’d have peace there
I guess the economy will finally start to take a hit?

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 3, 2020

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Dumb Lowtax posted:

the 100% correct answer to all of this, that won't be done but absolutely should be, is Iran attacking and destroying every single Trump property worldwide. No country is going to gently caress with Iran just for going after that alone, they'd get away with it, they'd send their message loud and clear, and EVERYONE would be gloriously happy about it except the chuds. Just blow up every Trump property and stop there. Retaliation done.

Leveling apartment complexes is something Russians have a lot of expertise in, sadly it ends in war too

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

Also the Vincennes got 254 Iranians in 1988 so I think we've war crimed ourselves well past parity with Iran.

Well the Beirut USMC had 241 US dead and the Khobar Towers had 19 dead, both were done by Hezbollah

e: actually Khobar was probably AQ, but It's within the scope of Iran-aligned groups

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 5, 2020

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Wasn't that furry from the photo a few months ago in the 82nd? I wonder if he'll get deployed

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Odradek posted:

If I was an Iranian leader, I would follow the wisdom that "The U.S. won't invade a country with nuclear weapons." Worked pretty good for 'lil Kim.

Didn’t go so well for UBL though

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dont forget gq called us ghoulish

Sounds about right

Hail SS-18

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

For this reason
https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/1213612411720101888

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1217864280126775297?s=19

A little late, but this is kind of why the Bernie/Warren/Biden-or-die people are drat near impossible to figure out and aren't necessarily worth worrying about. It's non-ideological a lot of times.

I hate all you pretentious elites telling me how to vote based on my best interests

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

ded posted:

This owns.

edit : is this who stephen segal based his basass cook off? :lol:

Should just name it the USS Cuba Gooding Jr and get a few other heroes on there

It’s cool though Dorie Miller had a destroyer named for him before

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
If Bernie wins the primary, Bloomberg or some other billionaire will go in as a third party candidate. It's basically a dead man switch. The best thing Bernie can do now is present himself as such a far-left candidate that if Warren wins the primary she'll seem palatable enough that the third-party runs won't get done. Steyer's polling double-digits...how?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah, I'm guessing there's way less than 100 actual types of meat for sale there.

Pictures of a meat/wet market
https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-coronavirus-chinese-wet-market-photos-2020-1

With conditions as they are, it doesn't seem like a surprise that they become virus breeding grounds. Also no surprise it's the elderly and other vulnerable populations dying first.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

Frum and the Democratic Fucktard Fellows are just getting ahead of the curve for their November narrative after they do everything to tank him and hand Trump the election

The billionaires will come in and spoil the election with 3rd party runs. The problem is that you can't suppress an ideology, and all this will just present even more clear evidence of DNC bias against Bernie's wing.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

GoGoGadget posted:

The responses to this GOP tweet asking for donations gives me hope. I saw like one reply in support of Trump for every 100 against him.

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1221833250093654017?s=19

Hint: 2/3 of those tweets are bots

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Stravag posted:

I especially like the tunnel connecting the two areas instead of leting them use roads above land, unless theres some geography reason for the tunnel im missing

Well the Palestinians are great at tunnel digging...

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

listen guys M4A could negatively affect the stock market and thus my 401k

At the same time imagine being so miserable and craven that the only thing to look forward to is retirement

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Godholio posted:

In the context of the E-11 crash. I was trying to figure out if there was some weird notion that it was shot down and could have been protected somehow. As a general policy, of course I agree with you. I liked having them at my bases when I was over there.

Is there something similar to Trophy APS for aircraft or would it not work because SAMs are huge? If so then what about MANPADS?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

bengy81 posted:

Holy cow, those people are supposed to be the ones protecting us from those OTHER people??? Like, what the gently caress, most of them look like they would get winded and have to sit down just lifting their guns to their shoulders... Jesus christ, what a loving clown show.

If they’re libertarians, they’re not there to protect you, they’re there to protect themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

This is really stupid because it’s not like CBP works in counterintelligence or counterterrorism. If it wasn’t a gross violation of rights (DoD being pissed), FBI would be pissed if this guy actually was a suspect and CBP was sticking their dicks in an investigation.