Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Icon Of Sin posted:

We’re still 2 minutes to midnight on the Doomsday Clock, per the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists.

https://thebulletin.org/doomsday-clock/current-time/

Yawn. Wake me when we're down to two seconds.

This is was the '10s have brought me to, yearning for the moment to climb the tallest building in town and welcome Vlads' nukes with the joy of the woman on the building roof in Independence Day, right before they blow up the building.

"So pretty."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I bet it was in front of a Lion's Den. That chain still thrives on in the midwest with rubber dick and dvd sales to truckers and olds.

I saw that in my feed this morning, Missouri wasn't in the title, so I immediately thought it was the store I worked at for a month in central Kentucky (on transfer from Nashville). Wildly boring place, only time I saw college kids have a sword fight in the parking lot with double-ender dildos off the side of the interstate, too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We are so goddamn bad at diplomacy, but have excellent aim.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

A whole lot of dead wedding attendees beg to differ

Valid point but

Bored As gently caress posted:

Those were good aim, absolutely bad intel or image intelligence.

Who would've thought that firing missiles at people shooting up in the air in countries that celebrate by shooting in the air, would be a bad idea.

Also valid.

Anyway fog of war yada yada.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Aljazeera English streams live on youtube. I suggest kicking that on for background noise regarding this fuckup. Mostly because you're not going to hear "TRUMP" every three seconds in a bullshit debate that goes nowhere.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol this is so hosed.

I remember being gung-ho army fuckhead like meshka at one point, but never over something so blatantly ignorant on our own hands. That'd be like cheerleading for Lynndie England types, but worse, in this instance.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol we're loving stuck with Trump and this coming war. I'd love to think otherwise but I'm not gonna lie to myself.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Good, gently caress those people (proud boys).

They were transporting all their guns loaded. For that alone they deserve what they got. Driving cross country with loaded guns, that definitely breaks laws in a few states about transporting firearms and ammunition separate from each other.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Could've swore she said loaded at the end, but it's all slag now so it doesn't matter.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well we could always send those troops that just left for Kuwait to Saudi Arabia to protect more oil wells.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol

https://twitter.com/shafei_d/status/1141713143816757248?s=19

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I didn't even notice the date stamp, that was six months ago. Lol.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh no rich people can't ride in place with their internet friends. What ever shall they do?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Relevant Tangent posted:

Is Jodie pan or does he have an entire family of military spouse-loving siblings for LGBT troops?

I've known both male and female named Jodi(e)s. Human nature and booze are all that are needed for the rest. So yes?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

facialimpediment posted:

what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1214228209908277248?s=19

well that could be fun, if the Senate gets 50 to call him (iffy)

Can't chief justice Roberts subpoena him if he's in charge of the shindig?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Leavemywife posted:

I read this thread because I find it an excellent source of news, but occasionally it seems like it has to be some sort of elaborate joke I'm simply not in on.

Whole world is a joke there, chief. We're just a darker shade of jaded in here, but that helps when deciphering bullshit news because we're used to being lied to about most poo poo. An enlistment is an eye-opener if you pay enough attention. It's almost like the military is an organization that breeds distrust among its members.

It's nice having civvies around in the thread, because you guys get exposed a little to our crazy, or those of us who are, and maybe that helps change the stigma some of us carry. When people categorically shovel us all into the babykiller or republican or hatemonger piles, it's nice that at least a few outsiders can see what parts of us remain relatively human. We're people too, just lied to so often that it becomes hard to determine what is and what isn't, at times.

Some of us have let the lying break our brains and just don't give a gently caress anymore. Send the bombers, Vlad, I could use a little midnight sunshine.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's just crack/ping on a massive scale.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm kinda surprised by the civilian populace we draw here. I know a good chunk of goons see us as generally gun happy assholes or wannabe cops (cops wish they were mil, taking all our hand-me-downs) or kowtowing some right wing line in their heads, but that's quite oppositely displayed here on a daily basis. I'm proud of this little mil subforum, lots of smart and thoughtful folk, even if it is hidden behind a few more shades of gray. Thanks civvie readers and posters, for not judging us so quickly and tossing us in with right wing assholes subconsciously.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dont forget gq called us ghoulish

GQ can eat a bag of herpes flavor candy coated assholes.

Not surprised by the demise of fyad. It was never my flavor of crazy. It was kinda like "The Office" of the forums wherein I didn't really understand why it was considered funny, but didn't poo poo on it for a long time either.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
What was that fitness tracking app that gps tracked troops running around bases in Iraq and Afghanistan, and probably everywhere else?

Lol.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Yeah. Lol. That was loving terrible and hilarious, like on a Reality Winner scale.

If we didn't learn from that, you can pretty much assure we're just not going to learn the lesson.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Aljazeera English feed on youtube is covering it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjIjKNcr_fk

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ded posted:

That earthquake in PR also collapsed Punta Ventana.

This is unfortunate, but it's just the way of nature. Wasn't going to last forever, but it's still a shame it collapsed. They have bigger problems right now than a natural arch collapse though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Point them to their nearest recruiting office if you get chuds wanting to talk it up.

My dumb rear end fell for Iraq 2: Baghdad Boogaloo™, send the chuds to Iran. And the boomers.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://twitter.com/iihtishamm/status/1214708088902737920?s=19

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I imagine John Bolton is incredibly torn right now. His hard-on must be the largest it's been in decades.

Not that he can do anything with his blue balls.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That footage is being spliced into the rotation on Aljazeera, so it's not bullshit. Those are some pretty decent booms.

AJ english seems a little more on top of what's going on and doesn't have Trumps' ugly mug up every other second like our news sources. Lots of speculation still. No commercial breaks for psoriasis medicine though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Unless they drilled a 6 mile shaft into the ground, no they didn't test a nuke.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
North Korea didn't drill 10km down into the earth, they dug into a mountain. And if you're testing nukes with a limited stockpile of fissile material, you're doing it on a smaller scale than making 5.0+ earthquakes 6 miles underground.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Then they're still investing in digging a deep hole. That's not exactly a cheap endeavor, and we likely would have satellite images of the spoils pile because Trump would be up posting them on twitter right now.

E: looked at usgs. There were two earthquakes at about the same depth (10km), something like 7km apart.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 8, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Screenshots chief. I barely still have a facebook. Instagram is the equivalent of lithuanian french to me.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The 2000s we're not kind to Subaru owners thanks to head gasket failures

They literally just issued another recall for airbags. My Baja is on the list. It's fifteen years old and still collects recalls.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Wonder what's going on in the worst timeli...

Oh, it's our timeline.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/10/politics/russian-warship-us-aircraft-carrier-video/index.html

Russian vessel being Russian in the Arabian sea.

E: the twit about it

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1215662299761037316?s=19

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hot Karl Marx posted:

is the island getting ready to split in half or something? doesnt increased geological activity usually point towards something big happening?

No and no.

The island has a bunch of minor faults and two major, but the major faults weren't at play this week. The quakes over the past week have been along the western end of the south side of the island.

https://www.usgs.gov/news/magnitude-64-earthquake-puerto-rico posted:

The January 6 and 7, 2020, M 5.8 and M 6.4 earthquakes offshore of southwest Puerto Rico occurred as the result of oblique strike slip faulting at shallow depth. At the location of this event, the North America plate converges with the Caribbean plate at a rate of about 20 mm/yr towards the west-southwest. The location and style of faulting for the event is consistent with an intraplate tectonic setting within the upper crust of the Caribbean plate, rather than on the plate boundary between the two plates.

Good luck to your family, ElMaligno.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You're better off taking someone seriously at Roswell Fest than any sovcit.

Different kind of alien brings a better quality of crazy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ManMythLegend posted:

I would root for the ISIS flag football team over the loving Titans. I think I would rather have an extinction level meteor strike the Earth than have the loving Titans win a Super Bowl.

A. loving. Men.

I do enjoy Tennessee teams getting blueballed, though.

To clarify, I couldn't give less of a gently caress about sports. Tennessee getting blueballs over anything is worth enjoying though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nashville. Goddamn. I moved there in '99. That was the first season for the titans. It was an entirely different city back then. People talk about Vegas turning around to an extent, but Nashville has went full on gentrification all over the city. It's not remotely affordable now where you could once buy a decent little house for not much scratch and the occasional sound of gunshots. Now those neighborhoods are $300k to get into and you get a shoebox condo. loving wonder why people are leaving the cities.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Like the rest of Detroit, the lions are going to need more seasons than that to rebuild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Someone's going around stabbing people in Colorado Springs.

No it's not me.

E:
https://www.kktv.com/content/news/Man-goes-on-stabbing-spree-near-downtown-Springs-overnight-566935531.html

Already got the crazy fucker.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 13, 2020