Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Ongoing firefights happening in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico between police and cartels. The police apparently killed three sicarios yesterday and that set things off.

https://twitter.com/quefregados/status/1212555218510131206

https://twitter.com/CuellarSheriff/status/1212562087618236416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I don’t think I’ve read or heard ‘impeachment’ in the last 24 hours.

McConnell (R-Turtle) is expected to address the Senate today about how the trial will be run. Pelosi is waiting to forward the two articles of impeachment to the Senate, so there appears to be at least some ability to counter being steamrolled on both scope and timing.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Oh cool, I thought one of the conditions for being tax-exempt was to stay out of political campaign activity.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Is there any way Trump could recall Eddie Gallagher and send him back to Iraq?

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

In his Senate address on Friday, McConnell accused Democrats of having “Trump Derangement Syndrome” multiple times.

Turns out the term was coined as “Bush Derangement Syndrome” in 2003 by Charles Krauthammer. The first use with Trump was in 2015. I could not find any use of “Obama Derangement Syndrome” (shocking).

And now it looks like Donnie is seeking to antagonize and consistently destroy any investment in soft power around the world. And I find myself trying to imagine what would need to happen to cause the Senate to break ranks with Trump.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Godholio posted:

I don't know which bases will fall under Space, but Vandenberg, Peterson, and Patrick are probably safe bets.

The high points of Space Force are operating the GPS constellation (50th), coordinating launches (30th & 45th), parts of NORAD/early warning (21st & 460th), tracking/cataloging orbiting objects, and probably ASAT & whatever spooky stuff the X-37 is doing.

Wikipedia has some details about locations:

quote:

Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) was redesignated as the Space Force by the 2020 NDAA, elevated to become the new service. All of AFSPC's former personnel, organizations, and components were then assigned to the Space Force. AFSPC's principal components were 14th Air Force, which controls operations, and the Space and Missile Systems Center, which is responsible for research and acquisitions.

The first organizational change occurred on December 20, 2019, when the Fourteenth Air Force/Air Forces Strategic was redesignated as Space Operations Command (SPOC). Major General John E. Shaw, former Commander, Fourteenth Air Force, was redesignated as Commander, Space Operations Command; in addition to Shaw’s role as U.S. Space Command’s Combined Force Space Component Commander.

Structure
  • Space Operations Command (SPOC), Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
    • 21st Space Wing (21 SW), Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado
    • 30th Space Wing (30 SW), Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
    • 45th Space Wing (45 SW), Patrick Air Force Base, Florida
    • 50th Space Wing (50 SW), Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado
    • 460th Space Wing (460 SW), Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado
    • 614th Air Operations Center (614 AOC), Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
  • Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), Los Angeles Air Force Base, California
    • 61st Air Base Group (61 ABG), Los Angeles Air Force Base, California

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I really wanted this to be true about being the same room.

But Jeb! was in New Hampshire for his and Buttiman is in Iowa this week.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I forgot that Sec State requires confirmation by the Senate only, not House and Senate.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

um.

https://twitter.com/zbyronwolf/status/1223015368488374273

Elizabeth Warren just uncorked a heater and made Roberts eat it.

So what is the deal there? Why is the Chief Justice presiding over anything if the Senate gets to make the rules of how things will be run?

Or would this be a completely different story if Roberts weren't the same party as the majority?

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I thought Iraq and other countries were going to pay us to have missile defense systems fielded on their golf courses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Abongination posted:

This is a long shot.

Anyone remember when el chapos son got arrested and the cartels responded by trucking in dudes and fighting the police.

There were a series of videos posted here I think supposedly of cartel members rushing into the city. They were wearing crazy light up masks and I’ve been trying to find that video recently but having no luck.

https://i.imgur.com/GY9bvkj.mp4