Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

its time to unwind the last 50 years of defense/airliner consolidation

It's way past time we had our bazillion airplane makers back. I look forward to seeing Vultee and Curtiss-made drones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

ded posted:

edit : jeez it wasn't even just 1 missile. they shot 2 at the plane 30 seconds apart.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/14/world/iran-plane-crash-video.html

This is security camera footage.

I'm no SA-15 expert, but it was doctrine to fire two Standards at any target to ensure a kill. If the whole thing was automated anyway, the second launch probably was, too, for the same reason.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Judges will also accept "Winnie the Flu."

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Don't hate snakes with wings

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I'm only about a third of the way through Rucker and Loennig's Very Stable Genius and god drat is it already depressing to have to remember all the poo poo that happened <checks notes> less than three years ago.