Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

why are these current event threads in the army subforum anyway? I mostly just engage with the LP side of this place so I'm not Hip To The SA Culture

Several subforums have current events threads that have their own slant depending on the culture of the subforum.

This is just the best one. Also maybe the GBS nihilist Trump thread that got imported into C-SPAM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

mlmp08 posted:

The occasional derail like cops, taxes, or the best type of taco filling.

Mango salsa, chimichurri

Tax the rich to pay for my automated space communism

COP CHAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFdE__2OKc8

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Ari Fleischer: "Translated, these prayers are saying 'ding dong, the witch is dead.' I think we're going to see a situation where the Lollipop Guild is going to honor President Trump and formally welcome him to Munchkin Land."

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Declaring war via Twitter. loving millenials

I really wish everything wasn't so goddamn stupid all the goddamn time.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Mustang posted:

Trump has no idea of the effects his impulsive decisions have. And most soldiers are dumb enough to support everything he does regardless.

Don't worry, only about 40% all soldiers are dumb enough to support everything he does regardless, with another 8.5% dumb enough to not care one way or the other.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

Could've been a deliberate miss.

Could've been just a pure Iranian fuckup.

Either way, jesus gently caress we might've just dodged something real, real bad.

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1214749636654751747

I'm guessing it was deliberate. Iran can publicly claim whatever American casualties they want, since it's not like anyone there is going to believe us that there weren't any deaths. Iran gets a win at home while leaving us an out to de-escalate.

And then tomorrow Trump will decide Hannity was right about being tough on Iran and we'll start bombing oil refineries.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Human Filet-O-Fish Struggles To Breathe While Chairman Of Joint Chiefs Watches [ASMR]

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

If they open up Space Force to recruitment, I'm imagining an ad where a SPACE CADET with a lightsaber fights a SPACE DRAGON in SPACE.

smash cut to a dude staring at a computer in a poorly air conditioned shed at Vandenberg AFB

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I bet y'all laughing about the Space Force having woodland camo fatigues, but I've seen Silent Running. I know what's up.

We should be so lucky that the government would give enough of a poo poo about nature that they'd send whole ecosystems into space to preserve them.

And I still tear up when I hear the title theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkF05D-NJMU

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the birds were crazy at fort sam

it was nice watching them when you're standing in formation forever

The grackles and other local birds, or the goddamn peacocks in the quad?

Loden Taylor fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 19, 2020

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Eulogistics posted:

The controller may be big on purpose (I say may because I don't know exactly what kinds of impairments the kid has). Big controllers with big buttons can be good for people with impaired fine motor skills: easy to get your hand on a button but hard to get a particular finger on a smaller button.

It IS big on purpose. Hekk was saying he could keep the large controller but dramatically shrink the hardware side by using that board.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Midjack posted:

I feel like there’s a “serf and TERF” joke somewhere that I’m just not smart enough to find.

SWERF and TERF

(Sex Worker Exclusionary Radical Feminism)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

Guys can we not imply hanging people for crimes against humanity? It’s got troubling historic undertones.

Guillotines have the opposite historic precedent!

To be fair, the Revolutionary French did both: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%80_la_lanterne