Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Hekk posted:

Yeah I must be living under a rock because I've never heard of the channel or any of the people involved in whatever that drama is.

count yourself mostly lucky

i try to dodge capital y t YouTuber stuff but i've got one friend who's convinced it's the most important thing in the world so i hear him tell me about how this rando or that rando is going to intrinsically shape public thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Stravag posted:

Ofc hes from loving ALBANY. It was only ever gonna be Albany, Troy, or Schenectady

boy the time for this joke sure moved on but the capital region blood flowing through my veins demands that i correct you

it's pronounced Albany, Schenectady, Troy.

anyway buckle up for the war that never ends

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Stravag posted:

I threw it in as an after thought because i barely remembered some people still like there

i'm doubting myself after a re-read, the order might've always been Schenectady, Albany, Troy

i can't even remember which commercials always said those three "cities" in a row at the end, these are ancient memories

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

January Current Events: gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

At least I got to see Tom Brady get destroyed before it all collapsed

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Collapse? My man, the pats losing is the height of western civilization

Exactly. Only down from here

At least none of our ends will be as ignoble as brady whipping a ball into his own receiver's face

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

istanbul, not memorandinople

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingShyOkapiGivePLZ

meanwhile, a reminder that this is kind of generally where we're at

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yeah i really can't get on board with the idea of post history = doxxing = permaban. probes for being obnoxious, sure. a creepy thing to do? probably. but if you don't want something brought up don't post about it in this very forum

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

Isn't digging through post history for that poo poo what helldumping, which is against the rules, is?

if helldumping's a ban, ban it is, for sure

perma, though, and calling it doxxing, ehhh...

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'll definitely grant that i haven't read the threads in question and there's definitely a context point that can get crossed. i've just been seeing it flying around that any helldumping is being called doxxing and calling for a perma

once post history is being used to explicitly call out details and goes into other stuff like you've just outlined, yeah, absolutely gently caress that

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Thump! posted:

I thought they weren’t supposed to drink in Islam? Sounds like a responsible party to me 🤷‍♂️

ha haaaaa that's the darkest joke I've ever seen

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

both games today were hard stomps but i'm hoping for seahawks v titans in the bowl with seahawks winning

but i don't think it's gonna happen since half the seahawks stepped on landmines and their bones all came out of them

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Is this even still sports

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

IS this still sports???

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i did some quick googling and i hope whoever he picks doesn't have to put up with that fuckin mustache

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

and in case there was any 'maybe she's better now' ideas, remember that she started to shriek that the only reason her campaign was sinking was because hillary clinton was organizing a conspiracy specifically to do so

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

remember everyone, you can only pay attention to one single thing at a time

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

The Adventure Zone - I’ve bailed on it now, but S1 is great. MacElroy brothers doing D&D.

not thrilled by travis's cast of fifty identical npcs introduced talking to each other in the first episode?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

wouldn't mind steyer in the cabinet as long as he keeps pushing the climate issue

you know i don't think i'd even throw a fit with him as VP but i haven't really looked into him because he's a non-starter

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Godholio posted:

It was a pretty hamfisted attempt at shutting down the puns.

probably doesn't want them hogging all the pages

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

some real fun stuff in there

"well both liberals and leftists want to take my gun"
"actually leftists understand you need the guns to point them at the government"
"wait - i like thinking about pointing guns at the government!"

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

can we just stop talking about biotruths

like just pack it in

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Mr Crustacean posted:

more poo poo

my only argument is that you stop huffing your own farts regardless of their exacting mathematical accuracy

anyway i keep running dungeons but i haven't gotten any epic gun drops yet. everyone knows a white-rarity glock is functionally useless

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Hekk posted:

I am very guilty of always using the phrase "say again". I don't try to military it up but I spent too long on radios and years teaching call for fire for untrained observers. There is no other phrase that comes to my head when I need someone to repeat something.

i got in that habit working at a wal-mart distribution center, it uses an automated voice-activated system for orderpicking and 'say again' was how you got it to repeat itself, which you had to do constantly since the audio quality sucked rear end

i guess what i'm saying is war, and walmart, are hell

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

like i never believed there was the ghost of a chance the trial would oust trump but i didn't think the GOP argument would get to the point of "the president can do whatever they want to get elected as long as they thing their being president is in the country's best interest"

that feels like a rubicon

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

fknlo posted:

I think we're only at the start of the bad poo poo. I'm not sure if Trump winning or losing will actually be worse for the country as he's not going to go quietly.

can you hear that

the first haunting notes of nero's fiddle

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Alaan posted:

https://twitter.com/mschlapp/status/1223379382003294208?s=21

Mitt Romney: not Trump Boot Licker Republican enough to go to CPAC.

i'm gonna be thinking about this loving graphic for the rest of my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ALL HAIL [The Framers.]