Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

oh so I just managed to drift into the gis instance of the december current event thread, followed the january thread link to gis, never noticed these threads were going on in gis until now, and made a faulty assumption. thanks for explaining, sorry for the bother

You're not a bother, and you're also welcome to post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Trump's in the middle of starting Iraq war 3.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

For posterity:

How long will it take to capture Baghdad? 2 days
Will Saddam be killed? Yes
Total Iraqi civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Iraq: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Iraqi army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Republican Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on the Kurds? Yes
Will Saddam launch attacks on Israel? No
-If yes; will Isreal retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Saddam sacrifice Baghdad (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Kurds make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Iran do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Saddam burn the oil fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying Iraq? ~15 years
Will the Iraq war catalyze increased terrorism in America?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/a_cormier_/status/1212879299142922243

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

For those who don't immediately recognize that name, he was an IRGC major general in charge of the quds.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Well, gently caress.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yes.

In fact, Patreus in 2007 might not have been high enough ranking.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 3, 2020

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I hope what I've heard is wrong, but if not there will be more strikes tonight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I will shed no tears for the man. However, imagine the reaction if one of the joint chiefs (who had been in that position for more than a decade) was killed in a targeted strike while in another country.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bored As gently caress posted:

For posterity and for people who haven't seen this before:

https://youtu.be/2vMK-p6-M5E

Thought it was gonna be jon stewart burying crossfire.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fknlo posted:

Uh, how exactly does that violate Twitter rules?

Because twitter is run by the nazis.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Iraqi parliament just voted to expel US forces. One MP even suggested that the US embassy should be closed as well.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SimonCat posted:

The BBC says that the Iraqi Parliament passed a non-binding resolution asking US troops to leave. I don't think that carries any weight.

Formally they have to introduce legislation (which is in the process) and then we have one year to withdraw.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Apparently a second wave of missiles have been launched. US fighters have launched from UAE. Iran has said any country that allows the USA to strike them becomes a target themselves.

Looks like war were declared. :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fknlo posted:

To be fair to them, what we did was pretty much a declaration of war on its own. Stay safe goon troops.

I agree entirely. It's loving tragic and is going to result in so many people dead. I hope our president doesn't do something stupid like loving nuke them or something. At this point I don't even know.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kawasaki Nun posted:

loving stupid motherfuckers

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tweets in the tff chat thread. Pretty sure someone posted the tweet from Iranian officials saying any country supporting will be a valid target as well.

War were declared was just a futurama joke.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Handsome Ralph posted:

That or people who think Atlantis somehow became Iran.

nah everyone knows atlantis is in bolivia.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BUG JUG posted:

Forum current event: what the gently caress is going on with CSPAM? Write your reply in the form of a brief the CiC can understand.

Go look in the last page or two of the drunk thread as that's a better spot for such discussion.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Crakkerjakk posted:

I mean, i see no reason to believe it wasn't a twitchy Iranian AA, but Bellingcat is funded by the US government.

You do know that brown moses is a goon and posts here, right? I mean it's been a while, but it's not like he's some extension of the cia.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

idk

still hate farve

so gently caress the pack

The hate is so strong you can't spell his name. He's like a funslinging voldemort.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hobbesmaster posted:

"All terms of their sentence" is in what was voted on.

Term means time. Conditions of sentence are fines. This is 100% a republican supreme court ensuring that felons are not granted the franchise.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also, in florida if you are unable to pay fines/fees they are often converted to civil judgments. These will have to be paid to regain the franchise. They wouldn’t be converted if someone had the ability to pay them, so a significant number of felons will continue to be disenfranchised.

I would hope that the SCOTUS would hear the case, but I doubt they do or overturn it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Reminder that possession >20g of marijuana in the state of Florida is a felony. People are obligated to pay public defender fees and other court fees before they can get their right to vote restored. Fees are not and have never been a part of a sentence before this.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

When linking to something like the washington post, can you just inline the entire article? Likewise if anyone finds anything on the wall street journal they want posted lemme know.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Here's some light reading about the Musk/Tesla ponzi: https://www.plainsite.org/realitycheck/tsla.pdf

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FrozenVent posted:

Who’s the woman on the right and more importantly who’s her hair dresser?

That's newlywed Melania in 2005 at their wedding reception.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I mean that makes him an expert. Can you imagine reading 25 whole books, let alone on a single subject?!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Personally, I've read the only book I need to regarding the Israel/Palestine issue, and that's the Bible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nah they were all real estate trade publications that discuss the profitability of funding settlements and other tourist development in Israel.