Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Besesoth posted:

Stallie, Garrison, and Eli Valley now have entries in the directory; please fact-check me (and spell-check, I'm tired) and let me know if we're missing anyone who should be there!

Branco as mentioned and David Pope because he is arguably one of the the best for art and up with Collins for good opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

CampingCarl posted:

Also he made this at one point, which is probably old but a new conspiracy to me.
:nws: :nws:

Dees nuts

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

I have decided not to talk about someone. The only way I can do this is to stand silently alone in the desert. The moment someone turns up I cannot help myself.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Can't find any mentions in this thread, so here's the new Gaybies nomination thread, for everything our ennui made us skip over during the year.

IMPORTANT NOTE: It's a nominations post, not a voting post, so Ambitious Spider, you've jumped the gun. As per thread rules, you'll have to edit your post if you want to nominate anything that isn't already in that thread.

Pants Donkey posted:

I can make the gay abortions thread, but I'm going to ax like 90% of the categories because this is a ridiculous amount of time and effort spent on political cartoons.

It'll be: Worst Cartoon of the Year, Best Edit of the Year, Worst Cartoon of the Decade (nominees will be from prior Gaybies), Best Edit of the Decade (ditto).

That's it.

Sorry, Pants Donkey, but impotently raging against things we can't change is all we have left.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jan 2, 2020

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I’m mostly posting this because it’s the first time I can recall a right-wing transphobic cartoonist acknowledging trans men. Yay for...equal bigotry?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Pants Donkey posted:

I’m mostly posting this because it’s the first time I can recall a right-wing transphobic cartoonist acknowledging trans men. Yay for...equal bigotry?

I think it’s honestly hilarious that this artist went through the trouble of drawing the character as normally male presenting outside of pregnancy and then insisting on being deliberately wrong anyway. I am reminded of the clip where Ben Shapiro correctly gendered a trans person and then had to ‘correct’ himself to be wrong. They’re so determined to be shitheads for basically no reason.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Political Cartoons 2020: The Mallard Fillmore Mega- Memorial Thread.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

I think it’s honestly hilarious that this artist went through the trouble of drawing the character as normally male presenting outside of pregnancy and then insisting on being deliberately wrong anyway. I am reminded of the clip where Ben Shapiro correctly gendered a trans person and then had to ‘correct’ himself to be wrong. They’re so determined to be shitheads for basically no reason.

Pretty sure it's a reference to this specific story. Oh and sorry for the terrible source.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/transgender-man-gives-birth-non-21177808

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

This idiot did a cartoon lamenting America's declining birth rate. Now he's mad people are getting pregnant!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pants Donkey posted:

Im mostly posting this because its the first time I can recall a right-wing transphobic cartoonist acknowledging trans men. Yay for...equal bigotry?

Oh hey Foob had a less gross take on this that, my first thought was "yes Lynn trans men can be pregnant." Back in the 80s.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

If no one has nominated this for Most Easily Reinterpreted in the cartoon awards thread, you should because I legit thought this was pro-LGBT until I read your comment because I just didn't expect we were supposed to agree with the unprofessional dickhole obgyn insulting the patient instead of helping.

E: like when I saw your comment I went back to the toon and looked who made it, half-expecting to see the pink triangle signature of that guy with a similar art style who makes pro-LGBT cartoons mocking bigots which are sometimes misinterpreted in here as agreeing with the bigots.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 2, 2020

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

T-man posted:

I lurked 2009 😨

Kids. I was there in 2008 when it was the Mallard Fillmore Megathread.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It is 2020, and Garrison holds onto his dream

Ben Scarysson posted:

Who Wears it Scarier?

For a long while I’ve predicted that Hillary Clinton would run again in 2020.

I’m surprised she didn’t announce late last year, but she did have some sort of ‘procedure’ to remove many of her wrinkles. She did this to make herself appear more youthful for her next run. The left praised her new look while others, including myself, thought she looked terrifying. He smooth, plump cheeks are now even more bulging. The missing bags under her eyes have somehow given her a maniacal stare. It’s truly frightening—Hillary is scarier than the Medusa herself.

I still expect Hillary to run, but it might not occur until the convention. Hillary is lazy—she wants things rigged. She wants things done automatically behind the scenes. She hates mingling with common people. She’s too aloof and above it all. She’s not good at speeches due to her cough. She would never want to conduct a lot of rallies similar to what Trump has done. For one thing, Trump genuinely enjoys speaking to packed crowds. Hillary would never be able to attract such crowds unless she paid them.

She rigged her nomination the last time—why would anyone be surprised if she didn’t do it again? There will probably be some sort of deadlock that will occur among the delegates. The compromise and solution? Why, draft Hillary—of course! She will be demurring as she is begged to become their nominee. Finally and reluctantly, she will agree. It will be promoted as a miraculous and exciting event among the fake news media. She will have avoided all the hard work of campaigning while collecting the reward. She will simply snatch the nomination amid cheers and the claim that she’s the only one capable of defeating Trump.

If this happens she will lose again because she’s fundamentally unlikeable. She’s ugly inside and out.
Just obsessing over a woman’s looks and criticizing her cough while inventing a new conspiracy.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

must be rough for pat cross to simultaneously argue that no fetus should be aborted ever but also argue that transgender people are doing pregnancy wrong

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Pants Donkey posted:

Just obsessing over a woman’s looks and criticizing her cough while inventing a new conspiracy.

It must be great to live in such a fantasy world.

The idea that Clinton would be a compromise candidate is absurd. There's no way that it would ever go down like that.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

On the eve of Election Day 2020, Garrison draws a cartoon predicting that Hillary will enter the race any minute now. Or, even better, after the vote comes in he’ll insist all the Democratic pledged electors will vote for Hillary instead of the nominee.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Progress is being made on transplants for trans women fertility. Gonna be an amazing time when the first trans woman gives birth. Goalposts flying everywhere.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Pants Donkey posted:

100% chance that after the convention he will congratulate all the true patriots for thwarting the deep state and keeping Hillary away from the nomination. Without their hard work and tireless watchdogism, she would have run away with it for sure.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

I always thought Aphrodite cursed Medusa because the goddess was jealous of her lustrous hair which she turned into snakes as an ironic twist. But now I see it was Medusa's bodacious rack that pissed off the goddess of love.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Welllllllll, candidate who was so unpopular they didn't bother to run then swooped in and stole it with convention shenanigans is something that has actually happened before so it's pretty grounded in comparison to his usual conspiracy theories.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Medusa was punished with her snake hair and stone gaze for being raped by Poseidon in Athena's temple. She has become something of a symbol of female rage against injustice.

It's not the gotcha Garrison thinks it is.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

RoboRodent posted:

Medusa was punished with her snake hair and stone gaze for being raped by Poseidon in Athena's temple. She has become something of a symbol of female rage against injustice.

I remember hearing a version of that story (maybe even in this thread) where Athena did that so Medusa would be able to protect herself in case she was attacked again.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pants Donkey posted:

Not seeing the shoe, 2/10 Ben please see me after class.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

Welllllllll, candidate who was so unpopular they didn't bother to run then swooped in and stole it with convention shenanigans is something that has actually happened before so it's pretty grounded in comparison to his usual conspiracy theories.
I know you’d never go broke betting against the Democrats’ self-awareness, but if the DNC is so out of touch that they put up Clinton in a contested convention then they may as well cancel the primary, concede the election, and allow a new party with a clue to rise.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

I know you’d never go broke betting against the Democrats’ self-awareness, but if the DNC is so out of touch that they put up Clinton in a contested convention then they may as well cancel the primary, concede the election, and allow a new party with a clue to rise.

I didn't say it was likely, I just said it wasn't unprecedented, and therefore more grounded in reality than his usual conspiracy theories

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Jurgan posted:

On the eve of Election Day 2020, Garrison draws a cartoon predicting that Hillary will enter the race any minute now. Or, even better, after the vote comes in he’ll insist all the Democratic pledged electors will vote for Hillary instead of the nominee.

Nah what’ll happen when a democrat wins the presidency is he’ll shift gears to “winning democrat is actually just a puppet for Hillary, THE SHADOW PRESIDENT!”

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I would 100% buy a "forgotten food trends" plate set.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Really, how long has it been since Drunk Duck last posted an original a non-rerun strip?

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

poo poo, dude, I want some Harold stamps fasho

I might even find something to send in the mail!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Nah what’ll happen when a democrat wins the presidency is he’ll shift gears to “winning democrat is actually just a puppet for Hillary, THE SHADOW PRESIDENT!”

What's he going to do when she dies, or is he older than her and likely to go first, he does have terminal Boomer brain so he could be ancient.

I suppose he'll just insist it's deep cover and she's secretly alive puppetting the Democratic Party from behind the scenes, nevermind his years of insisting she's secretly at death's door and the person who appears on TV is a body double.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

VitalSigns posted:

What's he going to do when she dies, or is he older than her he does have terminal Boomer brain.

I suppose he'll just insist it's deep cover and she's secretly alive puppetting the Democratic Party from behind the scenes, nevermind his years of insisting she's secretly at death's door and the person who appears on TV is a body double.

I imagine she'll become a sinister cackling ghost-spirit-thing hovering behind whomever his target of the moment is, wringing her hands A. Wyatt Mannishly and still missing a shoe, somehow.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Regalingualius posted:

Really, how long has it been since Drunk Duck last posted an original a non-rerun strip?

September, I think. That Omar strip (which is now in the OP for reference) was dated August 28.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Regalingualius posted:

I don't know, but looking at the copyright dates for the latest comics they're doing some deep pulls. Posted December 28, 2019, copyright text is 2012:

Only 19 years after the release of Free Willy!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

And it backfired so badly that they totally reworked the primary system in response.

RoboRodent posted:

I love the alternate reading that Athena gave her superpowers so she could protect herself in the future. I don’t know if it’s true, but I read that women in Ancient Greece often read it that way to the point where Medusa heads were used to mark women’s shelters.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 2, 2020

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

VitalSigns posted:

And don't kid yourselves. The higher up democrats hate Bernie so much, that if he were to win primaries they would do anything to stop him. They would rather have four more years of Trump than a Bernie presidency. So I wouldn't be surprised if something weird happens at the convention and they just "have" to run Hillary again.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Flaskraven posted:

And don't kid yourselves. The higher up democrats hate Bernie so much, that if he were to win primaries they would do anything to stop him. They would rather have four more years of Trump than a Bernie presidency. So I wouldn't be surprised if something weird happens at the convention and they just "have" to run Hillary again.

This is dumb and delusional.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Stultus Maximus posted:

This is dumb and delusional.

Depends what you consider Bloomberg to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

HootTheOwl posted:

Depends what you consider Bloomberg to be.

I consider him to be polling low enough to be irrelevant.

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 2, 2020