Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
I think we can call it proof of concept that few people give a poo poo about traveling threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Time to fly out Marines, you have been a good guest - maybe AI can drop by one day?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

AI coming to see the deployment lot and getting physically ill at the ~treasures~ contained within would be hilarious

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
lol motorpool Monday is where enthusiasm about vehicles goes to die.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Alright debbils, POV inspection time... goddammit why can I smell that Oldsmobile from here?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

PathAsc posted:

Alright debbils, POV inspection time... goddammit why can I smell that Oldsmobile from here?

The one that's had junk food wrappers in the back evolving into new life and new civilizations, or the one that's leaking everywhere because dudes wife got into mlms while deployed and parted put half the car?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Steezo posted:

The one that's had junk food wrappers in the back evolving into new life and new civilizations, or the one that's leaking everywhere because dudes wife got into mlms while deployed and parted put half the car?

One and the same, also all the tires are showing wires and have never been rotated

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

PathAsc posted:

AI coming to see the deployment lot and getting physically ill at the ~treasures~ contained within would be hilarious

Hold that thought for a few months..... we gotta get our roadtrip organised and repair the shitbox to do it in

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Hold that thought for a few months..... we gotta get our roadtrip organised and repair the shitbox to do it in

Please know that no matter what gets whipped into shape, it'll be more functional than 80% of what's actively driven on base lol. We have such sights to show you!

gently caress, this is one of those times where still being in would be hilarious just to be able to list the terrible cars you see daily

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

PathAsc posted:

gently caress, this is one of those times where still being in would be hilarious just to be able to list the terrible cars you see daily

There's like, one pristine garage queen thats beautifully maintained and 30 pieces of poo poo held together with bondo and chicken wire that may have only done one roll when flipped while hydroplaning in the desert, but probably more .Bonus points if the DUI or fatality wreck at the front gate next to the 0 days since dui/fatality sign is from your unit, instead of from the British royal Marines turning drunk driving into a competitive sport. In a rental

Edit: and that's just in your platoon...

Steezo fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 2, 2023

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I remember one of those Asian poo poo box vans that got sold from marine to marine for probably 20 years that my buddy had.

It wouldn't shift out of 1st gear unless you held the button and shoved the handle back and forth like you were pumping water or something.

Also if you sat behind the driver you had to put your feet in specific spots or else they'd hang out of the rust holes

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CainFortea posted:

I remember one of those Asian poo poo box vans that got sold from marine to marine for probably 20 years that my buddy had.

It wouldn't shift out of 1st gear unless you held the button and shoved the handle back and forth like you were pumping water or something.

Also if you sat behind the driver you had to put your feet in specific spots or else they'd hang out of the rust holes

Either you've told this story and I forgot, or I heard this story while in and forgot because drat it sounds really familiar lol

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

PathAsc posted:

Either you've told this story and I forgot, or I heard this story while in and forgot because drat it sounds really familiar lol

It would not surprise me if that van is still puttering around the rock but with even more bullshit wrong with it

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

CainFortea posted:

It would not surprise me if that van is still puttering around the rock but with even more bullshit wrong with it

I think every marine has seen a Gunny special a.k.a. the gray humvee (beat up old pickup, where you can tell how fast youre going by counting traffic stripes through the floor, usually owned by a divorced snco who wants to kill and or gently caress his ex wife, who he calls "the fat bitch")

Edit: forgot it has the only pioneering kit that's sl3 complete you'll ever see in your life, in the back.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The only road vehicle I ever bought from another Marine was a beat to poo poo 88 or 89 Ninja that I don't think the dude ever changed the oil in, the clutch was super hosed, and the gauge cluster didn't work lol. Then I traded it for a lawnmower when I got out. That bike was still in better shape than so many other cars, and that's terrifying.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Steezo posted:

I think every marine has seen a Gunny special a.k.a. the gray humvee (beat up old pickup, where you can tell how fast youre going by counting traffic stripes through the floor, usually owned by a divorced snco who wants to kill and or gently caress his ex wife, who he calls "the fat bitch")

Edit: forgot it has the only pioneering kit that's sl3 complete you'll ever see in your life, in the back.

Oh hey, the last guy I know who bought it was a sgt who'd been busted to private 6 times and had the promotion patents on his barracks wall.

I think he was on his 3rd wife and he told me how much he loved and missed his wife while having both hands down the shirts of two buy me drinky girls.

I hear he finally made staff when I left.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Welcome home, marine thread. This morning someone misplaced their weapon and the base is on lockdown until it’s found.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Some say 3/6 is locked down to this day

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

So long as no one crashes a helicopter looking for it

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

McNally posted:

Welcome home, marine thread. This morning someone misplaced their weapon and the base is on lockdown until it’s found.

Jokes on you I never leave the barracks anyway. Not since they repo'd my mustang....

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Helo dunker training at 0600, don't worry they might have fixed that whole thing where it kills people. This time. Maybe.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Glad to be home.

But it really, really hurts when I piss. It also stinks.

Don’t think I can make morning formation, need to go to sick call.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Steezo posted:

there's only one of these trucks and it just keeps getting passed around like Stevenson's Bottle Imp

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

PathAsc posted:

Helo dunker training at 0600, don't worry they might have fixed that whole thing where it kills people. This time. Maybe.

If you died in the helo dunker,

You weren't skating hard enough to evade the helo dunker

RIP

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

me, at morning formation: yo i got places to be. "Piece". *Shoots Deuces*

First Segrent: (super red face, steam shooting out his ears)

whole company lubed head to toe w/baby oil for some reason and carrying great big logs or whatever: "wtf!"

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

2023 Gaza skyline live streams are basically GWOT post simulators,

But with waaaay fewer AK Takbirs

lol

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Marine Under Investigation After Publishing Memoir About Sexual Relationship with Young Potential Recruit

What the gently caress

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 9, 2023

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL
From the halls of Montezuma…

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

To a penitentiary

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

PathAsc posted:

Vehicle inspections were just an excuse for the SSGT to hit the switches on my sick rear end Mustang

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021
Merry Christmas

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Ngl the birthday ball after our OIF deployment is one of my fondest memories

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

Good, because I know we don’t lie, cheat, or steal.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Happy birthday to my spinal column, on this glorious Marine Corps day. When I'm in a wheelchair later in life, I'm definitely putting a bunch of Flowmaster stickers on it just as Chesty would want

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Happy birthday Marines

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021
In my 4 years I never went to a ball, or even bought blues. Idk if it's a good or bad thing. Kind of just an is thing. It's just a little odd when my experiences with balls in the Marines differs from others'.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I got some balls for you

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

PenisMonkey posted:

I got some balls for you

:downsowned:

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

BounceBanana posted:

In my 4 years I never went to a ball, or even bought blues. Idk if it's a good or bad thing. Kind of just an is thing. It's just a little odd when my experiences with balls in the Marines differs from others'.

I never bought blues because they are terribly expensive and lol at affording them on LCPL CPL SGT SSGT or less pay. Plus I liked my alphas a lot, always felt like grandpa coming home from Big Two

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021

PenisMonkey posted:

I got some balls for you

Now that sounds more like my experiences.