Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

Scuba Trooper posted:

he's the type of guy to potentially pay to post on the internet so i've always wondered if he's registered here somewhere

:smugdog::staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

CainFortea posted:

That movie is far far greater than it ever had a right to be.

:same:

Scuba Trooper posted:

one of my friends from high school entered the marines and lost a finger while deployed

he lost it to a humvee door slamming shut

another, the first time i'd seen him in undergrad, excitedly showed me a video of a jeep window getting sniped before exclaiming "that's me! i got shot!"

these are the only marine stories i have.

Was it this?

https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/gamecube-challenge-fingat/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Eason the Fifth posted:

Taking a dump in springtime Kuwait portashitters while wearing a MOPP suit is a most incredible memory. Open the lid, it's full to the brim. Take your suspenders off and lower your MOPP trousers. Drop your sweat-soaked cammie trousers and skivvies. Squat/lean uncomfortably over the turd pile. Add your own diarrhea. It's 130 degrees outside and wet bulb temperature inside. You're sweating on every inch of your body. Everything itches. Your eyes burn from sweat. To hydrate while you poo poo you drink from a bottle of Baraka water which is what gave you the shits in the first place. You finish your business and wipe your rear end with a 3 inch square of ultra-thin toilet paper from an MRE. You pull your cammie trousers back up and watch with horror when your bayonet slips off your belt and falls into the turds. It weighs more than wet turds do, it turns out, and it sinks quickly. You desperately, reflexively reach in for it but have to feel around like you're trying to noodle a catfish and you wind up brown to the elbow pulling your catch out. You walk out of the portashitter with your trousers down, poo poo caked up your arm, your poop bayonet in one poop hand and your rifle in the other, and right then the sirens go off and people start yelling GAS GAS GAS and now you have to slap your gas-mask on your face with a lovely hand and seal your lovely self back into your MOPP suit before you stumble idiotically over to the closest bunker while you wait to die (hopefully) or for the all clear (not desired at that moment). You can't take a shower until night because the water tanks are uncovered in the sun and daytime showers are scalding so you are locked in the poop MOPP suit for hours. The marine Corps is so fuckjin good

shared this with another thread and lolled again.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
WHERE TO NEXT MASTER GUNS???

Scuba Trooper posted:

one of my friends from high school entered the marines and lost a finger while deployed

he lost it to a humvee door slamming shut

another, the first time i'd seen him in undergrad, excitedly showed me a video of a jeep window getting sniped before exclaiming "that's me! i got shot!"

these are the only marine stories i have.

lol

"check this out, I'm internet famous"

(hits play, nasheed chorals eminate from a loving iphone)

I am laughing but I am also insanely envious

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Can't see just stay here? This is the best port we've ever had and it's got nice bathrooms with actual shitpaper.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

If we must leave this fair land,

My vote is for Creative Convention

I have such wonders* to share with them

*just an absolute fuckton of dick drawings

----------------

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Just the veiniest pork swords ever, sharpie drawn, portashitter canvas, realism but with a touch of fantasy and class.

Art that brings all people together, because lol goddamn dick drawings in caves from our ancestors just shows we can never abandon our nature. The nature to laugh at the funniest body part to exist. Why? Because it's a train wreck, you can't look away, you know that whatever caused this appendage to form was in jest.

Namaste

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

PathAsc posted:

Just the veiniest pork swords ever, sharpie drawn, portashitter canvas, realism but with a touch of fantasy and class.

Art that brings all people together, because lol goddamn dick drawings in caves from our ancestors just shows we can never abandon our nature. The nature to laugh at the funniest body part to exist. Why? Because it's a train wreck, you can't look away, you know that whatever caused this appendage to form was in jest.

Namaste

Me, one of MANY cavewomen doing an awkward handstand by firelight, crushed pigments piled atop my lady parts:

"lol -wait- does this look like a buffalo? Why do they all look like buffaloes?! I sure hope this doesn't have any long term ramifications on gender roles and representation in plebian art!"

----------------

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Victor Vermis posted:

Me, one of MANY cavewomen doing an awkward handstand by firelight, crushed pigments piled atop my lady parts:

"lol -wait- does this look like a buffalo? Why do they all look like buffaloes?! I sure hope this doesn't have any long term ramifications on gender roles and representation in plebian art!"

This may seem like an anachronism but can't anybody tell me cavemen weren't blowing pigment across each other's parts to make vulgar cave art

----------------

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Victor Vermis posted:

This may seem like an anachronism but can't anybody tell me cavemen weren't blowing pigment across each other's parts to make vulgar cave art

Artistic dick dingers, because everyone needs a friend.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
marines what were your impressions of manas international airport

this is probably the only experience i will share with marines

that and getting drunk in the yosemite national park bar on christmas eve

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

PathAsc posted:

Can't see just stay here? This is the best port we've ever had and it's got nice bathrooms with actual shitpaper.

I'm amused by the notion that a bunch of poo poo posting, possibly stoned Marines are the acting BYOB defense force.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm not stoned I'm MOTIVATED, rah?

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Weed went a long goddamn way toward helping me learn how to be a decent person again after I got out, ngl

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Eason the Fifth posted:

Weed went a long goddamn way toward helping me learn how to be a decent person again after I got out, ngl

:same:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Eason the Fifth posted:

Genuinely curious about your story with this. I've never tried it but I think it's cool that it can be used therapeutically.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Eh, weed certainly relaxes you, but I'd wager if there was not a will there to "become a better person", weed wouldn't have changed a thing. You did it yourself. Be proud.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I know the question wasn’t directed at me, forgive me for being presumptuous but I felt it was pertinent.

Apologies if not!

I personally suffer from service-connected PTSD, anxiety, depression, and severe chronic pain.

I also suffer from the really bad side effects of anti-depressants and many pain killers; notably, I’m very allergic to opiates (legitimately allergic, breathing/heart problems, bad itching and angry hives on the backs of my hands) and thoughts of suicide regarding antidepressants, and tramadol.

I had an attempted suicide in 2013 because all the pain, depression, and the convenient voice in my head happily volunteering, “why don’t you just kill yourself?” was almost too much to bear.

Almost.

Fortunately for me my wife was there to wrest the shotgun out of my hands. I spent 23 hours in a facility run by the State under suicide watch.

In 2014 Delaware legalized medical marijuana and made it easier for me to get a reliable source with actual medicinal properties, and my mood changed considerably.

My quality of life has improved, my mood improved, and my outlook on life has improved but I’m still unemployed and consider myself medically retired at this point (I’m 58) in addition to which my wife has a great job so overall it’s easier to deal with life knowing I can consume weed legally and without guilt, and that it’s there and I don’t have to stress out about getting my medicine.

Because that’s what it is.

My chronic pain, PTSD, anxiety and depression medicine.

I can handle the side effects :buddy:

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

cruft posted:

Genuinely curious about your story with this. I've never tried it but I think it's cool that it can be used therapeutically.

I don't have like a super dramatic story or anything, and I'm sure a lot of folks had things a lot worse than I did. After getting out it was just really hard for me to stop being a drunk belligerent rear end in a top hat because being a drunk belligerent rear end in a top hat is default behavior in the marines. I had a neighbor, a college freshman-age girl a few years younger than me I'd helped with writing some research papers, who saw how much I was drinking and asked if I wanted to try some weed instead. I was out of the corps and didn't have to worry about piss tests anymore so I said sure (I had never smoked weed before then). I really liked the way it made me feel so for a while there I got really drunk and really high every day, which was loving great, but eventually I started having less alcohol and more weed because I didn't have money for both and I liked weed more. I was 26 or 27 by then and constant hangovers were really starting to suck, and frankly it was nice to be able to get blasted at night doing bong rips and not feel like poo poo the next morning.

No news to anyone here, but weed can make people introspective and it amplifies feelings, and when I got to thinking about things I'd said and done that hurt people, I started realizing that hurting people was not great, actually, and it wasn't that they were pussies who couldn't take it, but that I was just a giant shithead. This wasn't a one-day epiphany. It took a long time to get better, like years, and I was still a jerk for a lot of that time, but I stopped being so angry. Also I got older. Being military-angry all the time is a game for young men, four-time divorcees, cops, and trump supporters, and, well, you can see the caliber of human beings they are.

Just to be clear, weed isn't a perfect solution. For a while back in grad school I had way too much of it and it gave me bad anxiety and a panic disorder that lasted for years. Some of the legal strains have loving crazy high THC and smoking them like you're smoking garbage street weed is an easy way to trigger some seriously bad mental problems. But on balance, it did help a lot.

Saoshyant posted:

Eh, weed certainly relaxes you, but I'd wager if there was not a will there to "become a better person", weed wouldn't have changed a thing. You did it yourself. Be proud.

:shobon:

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 1, 2023

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I know the question wasn’t directed at me

Oh, I meant that question generally. I'm glad you've found something that works for you and provides quality of life!

And a kickass av!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
oh poo poo it's the first

stand by for movement. This thread is deploying to AI

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I can’t wait for the flood of mustangs at 28% APR jokes.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Only 28%?

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Thanks for stopping by, Marines! You're welcome back any time!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

cruft posted:

Thanks for stopping by, Marines! You're welcome back any time!

:blush:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm gonna miss the cultural briefing but somebody ask if the Australian Word is authorized locally

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm gonna miss the cultural briefing but somebody ask if the Australian Word is authorized locally

Knoife is still banned

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
hey does anyone know where i can get a dodge charger for 69% APR. I'm not like the other Marines, I'm navy. I paid attention in PFM. I just want to be able to stunt because its the sex number and my income is disposable anyway. Plus it'll build my credit, right?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

shame on an IGA posted:

I'll have to ask the person in charge of this here forum

Umm.... hi Marines? Show us your car ... or cute pets?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

shame on an IGA posted:

naur

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I can't get a pic because I bought it sight-unseen online, it got dropped off just outside the gate and I'm on phase 1 libo since we just got here. But it's really cool and has to be good, your people seem to be great with cars and I was promised it was a stunner though! Guy called himself John Pop, said he was well known and thanked me for funding some kind of new accounts?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So which is the best bang for your buck as a Jr enlisted blowing his wad, the mustang, camaro, challenger or charger?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Elmnt80 posted:

So which is the best bang for your buck as a Jr enlisted blowing his wad, the mustang, camaro, challenger or charger?

Charger, so when you marry the stripper to get out of the barracks you've already got space for her kids.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

My battle buddy said if I put seafoam in my dick that'll cure my sti. I'm not asking if it works, that's a given, I just wanna know where I can buy it for the lowest price, I spent all my money on DVDs and Copenhagen this month already.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Last time I used Seafoam to fix a STI all I got was a bunch of smoke and a better idle

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Elmnt80 posted:

No motorcycle option?

https://suzukicycles.com/sportbike/2023/hayabusa

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

You have to take training and wear a reflective vest on base. gently caress that, I'll look DUMB

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Wait, they're back to requiring hi-viz again? Lol, everything is cyclical, always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Me, pulling over for colors: this is stupid, but I am being respectful, and if I ever had to describe this experience in an internet post it would probably sound racist