Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

IUG posted:

Anyone watch that Adventure Time movie with BMO that (I think) came out today?

Oooo is that out? Awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That's dope

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Looks dope

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Also I know this is the animated movie thread, but y'all seen Ranking of King's new OP?

https://twitter.com/catsuka/status/1479146180189868034

I love 2D animation so goddamn much. I never get the same heart swell with good 3D as I do with good 2D.

drat this looks good, I'm going to check this show out, thanks for sharing.

Quit arguing about going to theaters during a pandemic.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The United States posted:

Yeah it blew my mind to learn that the 3D bits of the intro were actual physical models manipulated to look like cgi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzS1KWsMcDg

the dancing at 40 sec in slays me everytime

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Take the Will Smith/Chris Rock chat to the Oscar thread

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Holy moly

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just found out Hilda is getting a third season and a movie. That's some good news to me

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Small correction the movie is already out, which I didn't know. Hilda and the Mountain King

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Wittgen posted:

Oh drat Mad God is playing near me. Has anyone seen it? Is it as cool as it looks according to the trailer?

It's definitely an art film and if movies with minimal narrative bother you then you'll probably bounce off it.

I found it incredibly engrossing, there's so much creativity going on.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Yay! Loved the shorts of this on YouTube back in the day.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

After what happened the first time it's impossible to blame them. There's a reason video game movies have the reputation they do and it is never because they were too close to the source material.

It's a loving bummer because the Mario Brothers movie loving owns. Such a whacked out direction to take it and what a cast! It's great and deserved all the sequels in the world.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I predicted Black being good and Pratt being bad and it turns out Black is good and Pratt is bad

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MikeJF posted:

His mother was an aerospace engineer working on the Apollo program for NASA, took printouts of the issue she was working on for them to hospital and solved them while she gave birth to Jack Black.

It seems like an appropriate origin story.

Just so happened to be
The best birth in the world

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

just like the kid

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's mostly bad because it just pads out the runtime, but it's worth it because the actress is having a blast

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

WOW Del Toro Pinocchio is absolutely beautiful

This theaters only?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Nice

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm watching it now and yeah God drat is it tugging at my heart

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The south park movie is actually really entertaining and a very creative musical.

E: it's been years since I've seen it tho.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Everyone shut up about ai art

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I've been hoping to hear a sequel announced. Hopefully it actually gets made!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

God, A Fox In Space 2 is SO loving GOOD SO FAR

Isn't that the show Fredryk phox was doing a decade ago?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Nikumatic posted:

as noted the first video game adaptation that was nailed was super Mario bros in 1993

Bleck posted:

The original Mortal Kombat film is a perfect Mortal Kombat film, and frankly, is good.

Hell yeah

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hearing Luigi is only in this for about 3 minutes bums me out. Charlie day casting had me excited lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

It's more like 15-20 minutes which is still not enough but that guy was being overdramatic lol

Good to hear!

FilthyImp posted:

He's got really good bits and plays off of Mario very well.

I mean his characterization is basically Luigi's Mansion poo poo but it works for what they do with it and how it pays off.

:what:

This exactly what I want tbh. Luigis mansion luigi ftw

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Dope, thanks for bringing me back into wanting to see this

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Does Diddy Kong show up at all?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Return of the Living Dead is one of my favorite movies ever, y'all.

Hell yeah

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Took my kiddo to the theater for the first time to watch Mario. They had a blast, the most important part imo.

I mostly enjoyed the movie, a simple adventure flick. Still hate Pratts Mario voice and knowing the other music that could have been in the movie made all the needle drops incredibly cringe.

Would definitely watch a Charlie Day Luigi's mansion.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So loving stupid lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hey all, I posted a new rules thread and left it open for feedback on CD. My opening thoughts are that I'd like to move CD out of megathreads and into individual movie threads or threads focused on specific filmmakers vs. just being genre/franchise megathreads. Which means closing megathreads.

Since CD isn't a super high traffic area, feedback has been limited so far, so I wanted to ask yall to join in since it could potentially impact this thread.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FunkyAl posted:

I think we could use an animation thread for movies that aren't contemporary or mainstream. Discussion of that stuff tends to get occluded by the big CGi tentpoles here.

I've gotten feedback from CD about the megathread thing and I'm just going to ask mega threads spin out theatrical releases into their own threads for awhile before letting them come back to the megathread.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Macaluso posted:

If that's going to be a thing going forward it should be that the OP of said threads need to post a link to the thread in this one.

Yeah I agree it should become standard practice

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FunkyAl posted:

I think we could use one anyway. Discussion here is mostly about roughly contemporary Disney/Dreamworks and big studios like that, there's a whole world of animation that is just completely unlike those films that could use a different kind of space. Probably would not be a high traffic area, but worth doing imo.

I'm all for more threads

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sir Lemming posted:

The entire pages of spoilered Mario Movie stuff certainly was not ideal.

this is part of it. another is that sometimes conversation about a new movie can get spread out over multiple megathreads so having a space for those convos would just make it easier for someone to look up goonthought on a specific movie instead of searching the action, animation, and streaming megathread or whatever combo it takes. I also don't mind short threads, if a new movie comes out and it means only 5 pages of posts about it so what? at least its a quick read lol

but as its been pointed out, closing the megathreads to force that on people is not what posters want and probably wouldnt help the issue as mycot points out, so I don't mind letting threads go on.

starkebn posted:

Why impose posting here or there? Just let us self organiser. Who is demanding a change?

it was an opinion i had that i thought would help get posters out of bookmarks and make it easier for lurkers/new posters to find conversation about specific films. it was immediately apparent that this opinion/concern was not widely shared so im willing to drop it lol

anyway, sorry to keep this thread derailed, if you wanna chat more about it hit me up in pm or go to the feedback thread and flame me

Spiderverse 2 and the new TMNT movie look pretty cool

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

This looks dope