Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The best part about Burn-E is when you know which scenes match up with the movie, and then notice he pops up in the movie as well for those few frames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

There's finally a trailer for Minions: The Rise of Gru. Put it up in the OP but here it is here too:

Can you remove it from both?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Lord, Miller, and one of the writers from Gravity Falls? Yup, I think my wife and I will see that in theaters (something I haven't said about Pixar in quite a while).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Megera posted:

It looks like After Effects lighting, which is stupidly easy cheap to do. Basically you take a mask of the whole character, throw blurry directional lighting on the edges, and call it a day.

Looks like they did that, and when it asked "what angle do you want the light to come from?" they just answered "yes".

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I decided to watch my Don Hertzfeldt bluray since I'm working from home and hour breaks are awesome. I looked up what he did after that came out, which was just World Of Tomorrow 2. That came out in 2018, and that seems to be it. He doesn't seem to be on any social media, and his website (Bitter Films) now just goes to a domain squatter page. Does anyone know if he's up to anything now?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I feel like I need a flashlight in order to watch whatever film that is.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm getting extreme Ren & Stimpy: Adult Cartoon Party vibes from that for reasons I don't know and don't want to explore further.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Having watched Treasure Planet a few weeks ago, I can say it bombed because it sucked. I watched Hunchback around the same time and that was a lot more enjoyable.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Martin Short robot character didn't bother me that I can remember. At least he had a personality, unlike the main character. What an inoffensive nothing of a character. The dog accountant character was more fun to watch than boring teenager.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Anyone watch that Adventure Time movie with BMO that (I think) came out today?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Oooo is that out? Awesome

It was alright. For an Adventure Time movie featuring BMO, I thought it would be alot more cringeworthy but it was fine. The trailer shows it is in space, so you don't see any series regulars. There are some background characters or alien species that you've seen in other episodes (such as one of the aliens from the Citadel, the Grables' species), and there's another character who is never confirmed to be the character he obviously is, but you'll know from the voice actor. There's also an off-brand BMO unit that's singing the Fraiser song, which is fun given the whole Cheers thing from the series. It's only 45 minutes long, so it's a fun watch for what it is.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

To be Continued?!

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1278720320753590272

Be still my heart, I never thought this would come back to life (and I'm still skeptical). Even after that easter egg in Spider-Verse.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bobulus posted:

I haven't gone back and rewatched Clone High in a decade or more. Does it still hold up? I remember the key jokes, but that's about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cjh48H25zw

I feel like I'd have a lot less patience for clone high Gandhi these days.

I rewatched it with my wife who never saw it a few years ago and she liked it.

And that whole moat thing about the special ed section is obviously a joke. That's the joke of the whole episode that follows.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Before I post this, I've never watched Owl House :

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/1292328558921003009

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/1292333340414992384

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It appears that there was also a Gravity Falls crossover episode, so two good things?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I've never read anyone here say anything good about that show. Which is too bad as I love Gravity Falls, and this show is apparently not worth watching.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Amphibia has a Gravity Falls crossover episode this week

Ah, I confused the two shows. Alex Hersh was talking about both at the same time on Twitter.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

staplegun posted:

I just finished World of Tomorrow 3 that released on Vimeo the other day and I had to come running to this thread to remind you how good don hertzfeldt is at making pretty scenes and animating stick figures. Easily the best looking one he's done so far.

The animation is great, and it's one of the funniest ones. However it seems that he got lazy on some parts. The ship in the beginning is great, but then you get to David's apartment and the book case looks like it came from a flash game. There was something else that looked quickly assembled, but I can't remember it. I liked it enough to rewatch it, which I'll need to do just to get a better grasp on that cleaner scene at the end.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm watching Ralph Breaks the Internet, and I loving hate it. Also, why isn't the name Ralph Wrecks the Internet?

I'm at the Buzzclick part and I want to die.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Boxman posted:

At least slightly healthier than WIR1's lesson, which was...be happy with your lot in life, if you try to change jobs you'll destroy everything and everyone you ever loved?

I thought the message of the first one was not to be lovely to service workers because they provide a valuable role in society that you will regret if you treat them poorly. Like the trash collectors or janitors.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

For instance, I have it on good authority that sheep go to heaven, goats go to hell

Go to hell?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hey so the second movie of Adventure Time came out the other day. I went in with low expectations since it looked like a fan service episode with PB and Marcy. And it was, but it was good! I usually skipped the songs on the rewatches, but I actually liked a few of them.

The ending basically confirms (big ol spoiler) that Jake died though, given Fynn's tattoo, and John Dimagio was in the credits for other characters.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

What are they objecting to there? I know that weird video, but how does it relate to chuds?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Larryb posted:

That brings up a question actually, is Oogie the sack itself or is he some kind of weird hive mind of bugs?

The sack is ripped off of him at the end, and he keeps his form for a while, and even speaks. So the sack is just a container. But he also keeps saying "My bugs", so the bugs are things he possesses, not himself. Clearly more study is to be done on this.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ccs posted:

Speaking of Lord and Miller movies, "Connected" is getting its title reverted back to "The Mitchells vs the Machines" and being released straight to Netflix.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/netflix-lord-miller-movie-mitchells-vs-machines-sony-1234889393/

That's a much better name. I might remember this film, having completely forgotten about it until now.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

Netflix recently readded the Lego Movie 2, so I watched that for the first time last weekend.

I guess they lost it. I can't find it via search on the Apple TV or the iOS app.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

There are likely other hero’s. But maybe there are only Spider-Heroes coming through as they’re consistently the only ones who fight Kingpin when he’s making a wormhole machine.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Wife and I just finished M&TM. I laughed so hard I actually cried. (Aaron's shirt at the very end pushed me over.) Strongly recommended.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

No love for Jeff? :saddowns:

He's a cop.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

So Space Jam 2 tried to be Ready Player Two?

WB has been at this for a while. I watched The Lego Movie 1 with my daughter recently, and in retrospect it's a very IP friendly story.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Was the second Lego movie good? I turned it off about ten minutes in because it was a bit too hyperactive and frantic.

Yes, but if you think it's too frantic, then I wonder what you thought of the first one. The first one is also rapid fire with the jokes.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That was my opinion of it when I saw it like 15 years ago.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Data Graham posted:

By the way does anybody else remember seeing this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Christmas_Toy and thinking Toy Story seemed awfully familiar from a plot/conceptual standpoint

I have one friend from college who knew of this film. I was working at Target at the time in the early 2000s and found that movie on DVD. She was the only one who had heard of that movie, so I bought her a copy. We have watched it every year since then, just mocking the poo poo out of it.

She's the only person left from college I still talk to, about 15 years later.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I’m not finding a good source for this, other than being shared by Alex Hirsh and Phil Lord.

https://twitter.com/philiplord/status/1455384050667954177

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

Earthworm Jim is getting a cartoon again

You know I never really liked the games. I tried them, but found the physics terrible, the humor meh and the sprites too big compared to the environment.
Though the sprites were really good looking at least.

The cartoon however I loved. It was prime stupid.

Apparently the original creator has no involvement, because no one likes that jerk.

Just because the creator isn’t involved, I imagine he’s still getting money out of this. They can’t just not pay him.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Scrat is the prototype minion.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bluey is an oasis in the desert of children's shows. I have a 1 year old daughter and we thought we had it good with Super Simple Songs. But now my wife won't start Bluey for my daughter unless I am in the room with them.

The "Camping" episode makes her cry.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/cartoonbrew/status/1480386427909292034

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

good ones still to come like Panda 3/Dragon 2 & 3

There must be some lion characters in these that I forgot, because from what I do remember, these were garbage. (To be fair, HTTYD 2 was so bad I didn’t watch 3, so I’m just assuming there.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rango has an awesome snake.