Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

NieR Occomata posted:

Chip and Dale movie was pretty good, but boy should Kiki Layne’s character have either been excised or she should’ve been what…the movie was supposedly building to. Also some of the transitions were kind of insane, like how that play scene just transitions into Chip getting a call that initiates the entire plot.

Yeah

her resolving her arc separate from Chip and Dale made it feel like a plot from a different movie and then there's the part where Chip thinks she might be the corrupt cop that doesn't go anywhere. That being said her backstory is insane and I love it a lot.

Also

Am I the only one weirded out by Gadget and Zipper's kids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone know anything else about this?

https://twitter.com/MurmurLilies/status/1532898408016465921

Is the whole movie like this?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sourdough Sam posted:

I ended up watching it on YouTube. It's about an hour long. I don't think anything else in the movie tops this clip except maybe the ending but there are some very funny sloppy sequences throughout.

It was directed by Rumen Petkov who ended up working on a few cartoon network shows in the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62nQSa335Y

Didn't know it was on youtube, thank you!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is the movie pretty standalone? Haven't kept up with Bob's Burgers for a few good seasons now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't know if Trigger has two different writing staffs or if it's just Trigger's writing staff and then Imaishi doing whatever the gently caress he wants.

Like it's so clear in Star Wars Vision where Trigger got to make two shorts and they're both so tonally different form each other.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DC Murderverse posted:

Walt hated cats, made that very clear through Disney’s early work, and is at least 50% responsible for how cats were portrayed in animation for years. It didn’t help that the two post-Walt WDAS movies that starred cats were both strongly disliked by fans (even though I personally have a soft spot for Aristocats and Oliver & Company)

Also cat people should check out Stray, the cat animation and behavior in that game is really wonderful, you can tell it was made by cat people.

Oliver & Company rules what the hell, why did they dislike it?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ccs posted:

If you want to see some amazing cat animation check out the 11th Sandman episode's first part, A Dream of a Thousand Cats.

I've been rewatching Ghost in the Shell: SAC through the medium of the movies that were compiled from the tv series. The Laughing Man, Individual Eleven, and then the Solid State Society movie. Great stuff. Prefect blend of action and philosophizing that still makes sense, as opposed to some of Oshii movies which are way too abstract and up themselves (though those two have some great animation too.)

Then I tried to watch the new netflix Sustainable War movie for GitS. ahhhh. Sola Digital Arts is an absolute disgrace. I can't believe such a low quality CG studio was entrusted with this franchise. It looks like they didn't even employ lookdev people, they just slapped a lambert shader on everything.

Is that the one with the naked man doing a bunch of backflips?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There's at least one avenue artist can escape to if the machines take over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I3Dw5JGU7A

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sir Lemming posted:

Finally we find out Mufasa's backstory: he is a lion

It turns out the stampede sent Mufasa back in time allowing him to be the lion to establish Pride Rock.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Prince Ali is hands down a classic.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sega does what Nintendon't

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I at least got good expectations for Jack Black Bowser.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

For those who didn't click through that's the creator of Final Space thanking the guy for uploading the entire series on Google drive because he never got S3 himself.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

I need to see Mario's face. I'm still not convinced. That bitch is gonna turn around and have Chris Pratt's face. "He's so cool" one of the Toads will say

Mario will turn around to reveal he has no face and now it's a horror movie.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kingtheninja posted:

Post is gone.

Is was saying layoffs were hitting Cartoon Network and Adult Swim may have been a misreport hopefully.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Das Boo posted:

EXCUSE ME, WHERE IS MILLY.

-literally everyone

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The world has finally come together and it's to say the Chainsaw Man OP kicks rear end and where the gently caress is Milly?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I get Dedede vibes from those penguins even moreso now.

We need a monster to clobbeh dat der Bowsa

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

The shot where Diane comes back to city hall or whatever on her motorcycle and seamlessly gets off of it to walking, and it turns into a briefcase that she catches is peak animation. I love that shot to death.

This, I can't upload to Imgur on mobile:

https://64-media-tumblr-com.cdn.amp...c9d8ef68b0.gifv

I really do need to get around to watching Bad Guys this is sick as hell.

Does she do the Akira Slide at any point?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

I am home. Here it is for all to see

https://i.imgur.com/fb1o22P.mp4

She does A slide!

https://i.imgur.com/Kqjfpwv.mp4

So cool :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

galenanorth posted:

Who decides what is the will of "the people" in this world, and who is the conduit between the wrist-score and "the people"?

Social Media

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't understand the guy's power :(.

Like it looks pretty, but I can't grasp what's going on beyond turning 2D and warping too.

The character designs at the end look neat though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cT495xKvvs

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Barudak posted:

Huh, turns out I like Sonic more than Mario cause this trailer feels draining where as Im pumped for Shadow the Edgehog in Sonic 3

It's because Shadow's the coolest.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Was Sing 2 good? Seems weird seeing it at #3.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The movie will open with her murdering the evil wizard who specializes in animal transformations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just do The Bad Guys again

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Frozen 3 will probably make my kids go apeshit but where the gently caress is my feature length prestige Bluey movie

Funnel all of Australia's wealth into a Bluey movie for the good of humanity.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Puss in Boots 3 (feat. Shrek and Donkey)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cackletta would be cool, but I do not have confidence in them voicing Fawful right.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Hear me out: Danny DeVito as Wario

Glenn Howerton as Waluigi, Kaitlin Olson as Daisy, not sure where to fit Rob McElhenney.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Which episode is this from? I've been seeing this one a lot lately and I can't find the original context.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

To be fair, that's like half the original movie too, probably because there's only so many kinds of action you can have with a fish.

Although the Pokemon games get well into some really weird poo poo, especially with various sorts of super-powerful Pokemon being effectively gods and demigods, and then bizarre extradimensional creatures that only loosely fit into similar categories to Pokemon, and THEN mysterious Pokemon-shaped robots or cyborgs apparently from the future, and evolution's greatest hits from prehistoric times. And that Jurassic Park style fossil revival is so common that there's active wild populations of them in various places.

Don't forget about the fossil revivals getting to the point of just gluing fossil parts together to create literal abominations against God.

Like you don't have to be familiar with pokemon to realize this is definitely not how they're or the three other combos are supposed to look and I love them so much.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

Well when you're voiced by Antonio Banderas, it's either that or a Mariachi with a guitar case full of guns. Which, to he clear, would be awesome, but probably a bit harder to make work in a kids movie.

Sounds like something they should do for Puss 3

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pyrotoad posted:

Odds aren't great but if it turns out Grandma Kraken is just as wrong about mermaids as 'we' are about krakens and the mermaid character is a red herring, that'd be a neat twist.

It would be nice, cause I just watched the trailer and it felt like I watched the entire movie.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Watch Keeps Your Hands Off Eizouken imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-91y7BJ8QA

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

most stories about disney's off-record behavior paint him as a pretty typical patriarchal egomaniac, but jumping in bed with the HUAC makes you a shithead by default

This is my first time hearing about HUAC, what the gently caress? I mean it tracks for that time, but what the gently caress

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Party Boat posted:

This is the good version of the death scene imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJr5hNVKBXc

Well I guess the movie has some worth now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The big problem with film critics currently is that the Mario movie is causing them to go insane

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1643450909316243456

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Das Boo posted:

I really wanted an Eizouken dub so I could watch the animation harder, 'cause drat.

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/1643650894414635009