Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I keep seeing this thread title when I come to this forum.

Since the mods aren't doing anything, I just wanted to let you all know that it's trash.

It's 2020.

Stop using gay as a pejorative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Besesoth posted:

The mods aren't doing anything because it's not a pejorative. Speaking as both the OP and a gay trans woman, you're cordially invited to take your drive-by performative wokeness somewhere else.

Anyway, because I've been sick and lost track of what day it was, :frogsiren: the lightning round is over :frogsiren: and I'll tally the votes once I'm at a real computer.

Performative wokeness? I don't think that's fair.

As someone who's also gay, I posted because I genuinely disliked the title and didn't understand why it was allowed here. Reporting the title didn't elicit any response, so I said something.

So it's an in joke? Okay. It makes me feel slightly better that it's not bros labeling everything they don't like as gay.

But please remember that in jokes and ironic bigtory are not necessarily shields in a public space. Also they can lead to unfortunate events. See the history of this forum.