Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Mescal posted:

am i missing something in heroes of hammerwatch? my mage is clearly not meant to beat the second boss, and the tier 3 upgrade prices are absurd.

I was in a similar position to you a while ago, and it took two different things for me to get over it.

Realizing that I wasn't "wasting gold" by buying drinks + items from the shop before a run, I was insuring that I was going to get farther and they paid for themselves.

Investing in the tax-reduction/ore-seller. This takes a while, but once you get the ore-seller to his final tier, you can bank ore to get around the gold-tax without really losing anything, and just sell ore to buy potions, fountain blessings or whatever.

Every town upgrade you get is pretty multiplicative, so even getting just a little farther to unlock something new can really skyrocket your powerlevel. You'll be slamming into boss 3, and then boss 4 in no time

If you have difficulties with some of the classes (I forget which actually do this), try to suss out the difference between holding down primary attack 100% of the time, and spacing out attacks, because you might move faster and be able to evade attacks easier. If you're only playing Mage, try one of the other classes as well. Even if you only manage to kill the first boss on a few of the other classes, the passive buffs that provides to all classes also adds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

The weirdest Metroidvania I enjoyed was probably Forma.8

Combat was very simplistic, but the world felt properly alien and exploration was king. Boss fights were more puzzles than requiring reflexes

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

The dev of CSD! is cool as hell too.

He gave out a ton of free copies of his games for proof of charitable donations. I forget if it was for Palestine or BLM or what, but he was real chill too talk to online

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

Ex friend i'd hope

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

fit em all up in there posted:

Any opinions on Metal Wolf Chaos XD and Daemon X Mechina ?

Daemon X Machina is a wet fart.

All the weapons feel anemic, the story is beyond hamhands levels of presentation and predictability, and the characters aren't memorable.

The only amusing part is the Ice Cream shop.