Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
i'm a huge fuckin' baby and Kind Words made me cry twice in like an hour, but in a good way. it can be pretty emotionally intense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Orv posted:

Sonic was a mistake.

Sanic*

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
i'll throw in for DS4 as controller of choice. my wife has had a PS4 since launch, and i use them for my PC all the time, and we've only had to replace one. they're also more comfortable than bone pads, but that's preference. also never had much issue getting it to work with anything, even non Steam games and emulators through DS4Windows. the only real issue is that some games, especially stuff from the 360 era, doesn't have support for onscreen PS buttons, which makes games with QTEs really drat hard if you're like me and have no idea what xbox buttons map to which sony ones. sometimes this is fixable, sometimes it's not. it's only really a problem for action games.

i also really like the basic wired Switch controllers, but they aren't as compatible with outside Steam stuff and seem to run into the no native onscreen prompt support issue even more.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

srulz posted:

Can someone help me to get into Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night please? This game seems like awfully my jam, and I absolutely love Hollow Knight & similar Metrovanias, but this game's combat feels incredibly light & floaty. Like there's no weight to my attacks. Granted I haven't even got past the 1st level, so any cutoff point that the game improves or something?

Bear in mind that I'm totally new to the series, so there may be something that I'm missing.

some of the weapon types feel leagues better than others, and the game gets much better when it stops taking 5-10 hits to kill everything. that said, the basic feel doesn't change much even if the later areas are a lot more interesting. it's absolutely not a bad game, i liked it quite a bit, but if it's not clicking for you before the refund limit, it likely won't at all.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Fell Seal was absolutely awful, because i'm a stupid moron and the AI was too optimized for me to ever feel like i was actually winning by anything but luck. also the map design was sorta bad.

if i'm a marshmallow baby, will Fae Tactics be more up my alley? from the previous posts it seems like i should wait for a QoL patch that may or may not ever come, but how is it as a more chill SRPG?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
don't HZD and Death Stranding run on the same engine? a lot of people (me included) had bizarre performance issues with DS, despite our systems being at least at recommended sys reqs, and with none of the tweaks doing much. similarly lots of people had the game run flawlessly, or even better than it was supposed to. my point is that it might be a case of a console exclusive studio just really not being able to program for a million different hardware configs, or having the knowledge of how to QA that. it's a big title so they'll probably at least put some work in to fix it, but if you have a cursed machine you might just be SOL.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
MGSV fuckin rules and part of the reason is that it can't decide if it hates war or loves war or hates war tech or loves war tech or hates soldiers or soldiers are noble and good and child soldiers are probably bad but this particular one is a cool badass

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
phantasy star online 2 back in the windows store free exclusive days was a jank mess that would take up space for failed installs that had to be manually fished out and deleted but not through the windows store cause if you did it that way it might nuke the entire drive it's on, which of course is C: by default

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
it's breath of the wild by way of modern ubi open world, it's good enough to turn your brain off and dick around but i have no idea why people would gush