Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

sobriety is poo poo anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Wamdoodle posted:

had to put the game down after I found the shopkeeper's rant

I feel like I'm the only one who didn't find the shopkeep annoying, even in Annoyed Spiel Mode

In fact I pretty much loved all the dialogue :shobon:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Autocorrect are a word, that was supposed to be “didn’t say you changed your mind”.

Dishonored 2 added a bunch of tools for nonlethal stealth, has two different sets of powers, it’s just so weird to ignore all that on your first run through. Like, did you ghost your first play through of dishonored?

E:autocorrect hosed up a word in me bitching about autocorrect. It ATE a word, not are a word. Jesus Christ phone.

Not on the subject but I turned autocorrect off completely and frankly I'm happier with the odd typo than I ever was having to learn to parse Autocorrect-ese

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm in the mood for some mindless, grindy shooting fun. Warframe or Destiny 2?

If you're at all into video game music then I gotta give it to Destiny 2 by a long, long way

this is for the final phase of the Vault, from the raid in the Forsaken expansion. As that phase is the "Great Googly Moogly, it's all gone to poo poo!" phase, the music really contributed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8dX4s0Lslk

(edit) Also gotta link from my favorite mission, this rather Halo-y piece
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf8q95gPAMU&t=336s
(5m36s)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 7, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

(Warframe had We All Lift Together, which is a Big loving Mood nowadays, but IIRC the lyrical track was a one-off ingame)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPTCq3LiZSE

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 7, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

so this Demoncrawl thing. Roguelike Minesweeper? :stare:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Xaris posted:

Deep Rock Galactic is the best co-op shooter out there. you mine gold n minerals for corporate to profit off ur labor and you shoot a lot of nasty little starship trooper bugs with your bros chugging beer in between missions and customizing your blinged out purple beard, mustaches, and sideburns

don't forget annoying the hell out of your supervisor by playing basketball with fuel(?) barrels

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kanfy posted:

I don't see the problem, you use inches so it's not like you have to worry about living in an actual society. :smugdog:

:thurman:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Gomi Day posted:

bandcamp 4 lyfe

i wonder what sort of earnings you get on pay-as-you-like stores like that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Shrecknet posted:

reminder that Drawful 2 remains undefeated in local couch multiplayer as the best game

i admire the artistic display but wtf you're not allowed words in your work :mad:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

HEY SPEAKING OF VIDEO GAME OST'S it's time for my regular reminder that Monolith is extremely good - better than Enter The Gungeon and yes I will die on this particular hill

anyway it has an OST that is also extremely good, from relaxed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uItvy6__G9s

to intense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijDiN9Qa-38

also also, recent DLC added a lot of QoL, cool weapons and a new potentially nasty fucker of a level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKvLgZto66U

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

man

gently caress ted faro

i can't wait to relive how repulsive he is in 60fps

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Rookersh posted:

I've seen this quote so many times, and now I absolutely want to know.

don't spoil it

like i know there's a statute of limitations on this stuff and HZD isn't exactly new, but spoiling this one would be absolutely criminal

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

(but not as criminal as loving Ted Faro)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

you know what the fun part of the gently caress Ted Faro... meme, i guess... is? there isn't the remotest bit of irony, sarcasm, misdirection or other forms of lying in it

at least not when I type it, but I imagine most here share that feeling

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

A Sometimes Food posted:

gently caress Ted Faro and congrats pc people you get one of the best open world games ever. It's so fun to just gently caress around and explore and fight in that game and they were judicious enough in how much they put in that even my lazy, ADD having, backlog filling rear end 100%ed it.

Stormbirds always did that to me, cause like they fly which makes judging it harder. First time I even thought it was one of the vulture bots but then I realised the shape was off and oh poo poo that thing has like a 20m+ wingspan poo poo gently caress poo poo

loving saaame. goddamn stormbirds :argh:

lol now i kinda want to dust off the ps4, it's been mothballed over a year now

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

the gently caress kinda resolution is 2048x1080 :psyduck:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

repiv posted:

That's DCI 2K, one of the standards used for digital cinema video. They use a slightly different aspect ratio to consumer displays so DCI 4K is 4096x2160 rather than consumer 4Ks 3840x2160, and likewise for DCI 2K vs consumer 1080p.

Huh, neat.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

What's a good podcast game? I've been working my way through the Critical Role backlog and I'd like something to occupy my hands and part of my brain while I'm listening. I've been mostly using Dead Cells, but I want to mix it up a bit.

I suppose I could recommend Dicey Dungeons for this, but then you wouldn't be listening to the bumpin music, and that's sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKHKaBM54IU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Has there been anything new on that HZD-to-PC rumor?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

what can I tell ya, I'm champing at the bit to destroy robotyrannosaurs with a bow and arrow again

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Jamfrost posted:

Wow, GOG Galaxy functions as an every launcher are neat. I especially like the list view that shows all the play times. E: It's in-depth.

My only problem with it is, so far, it seems slow at updating achievements, playtime, etc. (I only noticed with Steam games; I should check Hades tonight [does EGS even HAVE cheevs?])

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

As this is the de facto PC games thread let's have a lmbo at blizzard

https://twitter.com/colincornaby/status/1223073101312753664?s=20

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Lambert posted:

This isn't unusual. Many games even have flash-based menus and interfaces. The only lol here is someone using macs os in TYOOL 2020 for gaming.

man I would rather have Flash, at least that didn't consume over 100% cpu even at its worst

this is just companies hiring webdevs on the cheap because no one knows how to make a UI without html anymore

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I like full potency oils applied to the shaft of my blade. No homeo.

:tizzy:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I think Sekiro is finally letting me go, about 500 hours later :shepface:

I know there was the new Stars War, and it took some cues from Sekiro; how did that turn out? Aside from that, besides MGR (which I've played to death already) and of course the soulsborne series (which isn't really the same in gameplay at all), is there anything else out there with that same appeal, in the skill challenge of learning rhythms like deflection/striking, or whatever equivalent?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm cold on the Arkham games after Arkham Asylum (which was great, but I liked the Predator segments a lot more than the melee combat*), and quite liked Orc Politics Simulator and the sequel. Both're played out though.

On the other hand I know The Surge only by name, and vague impressions of the first one being kinda poor. I'll look up the second one, but from Xaris' description it sounds neat.

* mostly for the satisfaction of getting down to one poor terrified bastard and toying with him. They have guns and I'm Batman, I'm allowed :colbert:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Going by my memory of DS1, Sekiro is pretty linear in comparison, which I consider a good thing. Theme parks over sandboxes personality, me; I find aimless wandering and uncertainty about where to go more annoying than interesting (Breath of the Wild and very, very few other games excepted). How's Surge 2 sit on that scale?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Orv posted:

It sits somewhere in between. It has the looping paths that everyone always screams about in 1 but also those paths tend to just all branch off linear paths from area to area and fight to fight. I was super impressed, even as someone who liked Surge 1, just how much of an improvement Surge 2 is in almost every way, including some good changes that Souls-likes that come after should steal. It is a purely gameplay-driven experience though, the story is for poo poo and the world is relatively boring.

That doesn't sound like too bad a compromise on the maps

I like a good story and interesting setting, but I'm not really bothered by bad or absent ones either; I'm all about the gameplay. That said if it has boring music I'm gonna lose interest faster; weird, but it's been consistently true for me. I can listen to clips of that for myself, though.

(hope it doesn't have bad English VA. Like fingernails on the blackboard of my mind, I'd rather have it absent or foreign-to-me)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

One more on Surge 2 before I shut up. I'm watching the SkillUp review and he really really hates the camera, especially on bosses. And it does look pretty dire compared to Sekiro, where I was never more infuriated than when the drat thing got caught in a corner and I ate Owl's goddamn firecrackers :argh:

So is it really that bad in Surge 2?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Guess we'll see how dire it is then, the rest of the game is getting top marks in my brain otherwise

That and there's always refunds :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Camera does indeed seem fine in The Surge 2. Now, stability on the other hand... 3 crashes in the last couple hours. I'd gotten used to how rock-solid - and not-choppy - Sekiro is.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

same video card and slightly weaker processor

it just crashed again even taking the litany of internet advice anyway, and I don't have the patience for janitoring this stuff anymore tbh. Too bad, seemed promising

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 4, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

CoJ Gunslinger literally taught me what an Unreliable Narrator is, and I wish I'd seen more of that in school; it's really interesting to me

love the bit at about 5 minutes, here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZC45aGq8bY&t=296s

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Xaris posted:

Yeah Call Of Juarez Gunslinger is genuinely one of my all time favorite single player FPS games. It’s so good and I have and will shill for it till the day I die

I really wish they’d make a new one but the series seems dead :rip: :sigh:

the worst part is the actual shootyshoot was really really good too, not just the story telling

RIP CoJ :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

it was bad until 27 seconds in and now i am eating my own face

AUGH 52 SECONDS IN, CHRIST

I go on sometimes about how important good music is to a good game. The best case is when the music and the moment-to-moment gameplay are intertwined. A lot of games just use music as a traditional background for different areas; which can be fine, don't get me wrong. Other games, those that use music as part of - or closely integrated with - the gameplay sticks in my memory far more. Things like Metal Gear Revengeance's lyrics being timed, or the much more literal case of Crypt of the Necrodancer. (Hell, even some pinball tables are good at this; but anyway.)

That game up there is the exact polar opposite; I have very rarely been so thoroughly repulsed by a video game. It's impressive, in a way.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 8, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

there's no time to worry about that, you need to help train a dominatrix while some different kids ask what you're up to

on the way you need to ram a box of nails into a man's mouth then punch him [but he does not die]

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Morter posted:

Division 2 is an amazing game you can get for 3 dollars.

I spent this many hours on it

Get it.

where's this gone since launch, anyway? i beat the main campaign or whatever shortly after launch then lost interest shortly after the invasion stuff popped up

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It's a really fun game that was worth the 60 dollars at release, and has the first year's expansion's bundled in. If you buy it and don't think you got your money's worth, PM me and I'll get you a 10 dollar USD game on Steam.

Do I still get the Y1 DLC (whatever they where) if I didn't buy them previously, but buy whatever the Y2 expansion is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The cops in SR2 are unbelievably tenacious. So much so that I gave up on the bloody game halfway through (well that and other reasons)

If I tried it again, I'd try it with as many anti-cop hacks as possible acquired first, because holy poo poo