Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW poo poo!

YEAH YEAH YEAH, YEAH YEAH

Leal posted:

Hello steam thread, can you recommend me a game with the best anime titties?

Best is subjective

Tits are objective, so try this game

Also in response to my question for miniLAW in the last thread:

Section Z posted:

"REMAIN UNCONSCIOUS OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES" The constable droned in a casual monotone, a third (208%) headbutt finally dropping the white collar perp that thought wearing sunglasses at night was a good idea. The next gave up immediately, after being shot in the rear end with a single standard issue handgun round...Then I took 75% of my health bar in damage to a paint can on a string Home Alone style trap. Ow, I bought a helmet upgrade, damnit!

Thanks! I'm able to get it for under 5 due to the coupon so I'll check it out. It seems interesting enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Anyone ever try Heroes of Hammerwatch? Looks like a fun game to mindlessly fart around in and scratch dungeon crawly murder itches with.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

Ground floor. I think everyone in here should get Demoncrawl because it's the best minesweeper RPG you never knew you wanted.

How is this on mobile? I need more pokey poke games. The complaints about the rate of in-game currency worry me

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

ErrEff posted:

I found this. I wish I hadn't but now I must share it with you.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/...ical__Knackles/

I'm sorry.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Okay this was the tamest jumpscare to make me go "Ahhh!" out loud in my house at 2 AM.

And I just mean 10 seconds in :ohdear:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

(Ghost Recon: Breakpoint)

Some people get all the luck.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

Ugh, I'm not happy about, really, it's not good, but I thought to myself "it's christmas, why not owe myself a gamble". I remembered how much fun I'd had with my friends playing Borderlands when we were younger, and I decided to see if Borderlands 3 had any redeeming qualities at all. "A more refined version of whatever I liked about the game back in the day" I thought to myself, "is all I ask for."

And with such low expectations I was honestly devastated to find that the loving game is actually fun.

Funnily enough, I'm having way more fun with GR:Breakpoint than I did the hour or so I played Borderlands. I put the stuff on high as I have a decent rig (RX 5770, ryzen 5 3600, 32GB ram) and it still feels middling in its execution and performance. The guns don't really grab me at all, though I obviously have not gotten very far.

Since I have a lot on my backlog, mainly a pair of looter-shooters that I find more fun (Div 2, Dest2ny), its on the back burner, but how long until it clicks?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

spider wisdom posted:

late to OST chat

nah keep that poo poo going forever who the gently caress cares

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/australia-fire-relief

25$ nets you a bunch of games including Hollow Knight!!

I sorta want this mainly for Void Bastards--which is it's normal asking price, and like a bajillion games i'm not itching to play. What's wrong with me :ohdear:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Division 2 is an amazing game you can get for 3 dollars.

I spent this many hours on it

Get it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

where's this gone since launch, anyway? i beat the main campaign or whatever shortly after launch then lost interest shortly after the invasion stuff popped up

World Tier 5, recalibrations, targeted loot. A lot of stuff. Too much to list. And they're making it a lot better next month--even if you don't get the expansion.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I don't know if I'll ever have time to play it but i've been interested in void destroyer for a while and that sounds like a ringing endorsement. I just might nab it!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Anyone buy anything recently on steam and get it hanging? Hit Purchase (once) and now it's "Working" and grayed out.

What's your normal solution for this?

Edit: Just looked at my purchase history and i'm seeing it as "Pending". Never had a purchase on steam directly take this long. I can access my account and paypal with ease. Dang it. :ohdear:

Morter fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 14, 2020

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I've never cancelled a (pending) purchase on steam. Paypal isn't showing me any sign that they received my purchase order. Should I cancel and try my card directly?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Cancelled it, and used paypal again. It went through!

Also

:confuoot:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

admataY posted:

Epic did what UBIdidnt , and had DIVISION 2 for 3 USD rather then 10 Euros, so I bit.
First impression is that im a bit overwhelmed - The UI is some sort of byzantine maze of menus and submeneus , systems upon systems , maybe its my fault for clicking away all the tips in the beginning .
So im not sure what any of the options does, what all the big shiny squares that pop up when i press esc do , or what am I supposed to do.
I just follow the marker , kill dudes , occasionally wave to the random wild dogo or fox in the street , and enjoy the pretty graphic .
It is fun enough I guess .

Consider asking either in the division thread or reddit or doing any amount of reading of all the tooltips

That said, this game has a lot of content for 3 bucks so glad you're having fun. Consider joining a clan: goons have one on PC that's the most active of the other goon splinters; Agents on Hold.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

In

Inhaust

Inhaust Air

:rock:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

Two hours into Dynasty Warriors 9 and I still like it but man is it weirdly budget. Like even for a Dynasty Warriors game it is extremely weirdly budget. Castle design, open world place design, etc. At least combat is fun and the photo mode is baller. I gotta play with it more:

As someone who's played all the musous since DW3 on the first xbox, I can't seem to get into the rhythm of the new combat. Nothing seems to flow well. All attacks seem like separate animations with really quick recoveries.

I feel like WO4 plays a lot better.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:getin:

https://i.imgur.com/Z30JKKp.mp4

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

haldolium posted:

it's fine. Don't use Steam FPS counter though.

Why not?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

admataY posted:

Few hours into Doom Eternal , and here is my main take from it :

The use key is mapped by default to the same key as melee attack . Which means if your trying to use a switch/keyboard/anything from a slightly off angle DOOMGUY just violently punches whatever device your trying to activate .

I feel ya DOOMGUY. I feel ya .

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

John Murdoch posted:

Neon Noodles...?

...NEON NOODLES!!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

New Dawn had the worst guns. :mad:

Fun game otherwise but as someone who's mostly into shooters for the shootings, the hodgepodge gun design of ND really threw me off.

Morter fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Mar 27, 2020

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

The Chad Jihad posted:

Breakdown is definitely not good, I feel as if I am smearing tapioca and mayonnaise on white bread while listening to NPR while playing it. HOWEVER. I began talking to a fisherman npc, and after 15 minutes of glass eyed rambling about an old fish that turned out to mean "Fetch 10 metal scraps" I shot him in the loving face and he died. So it's at least 7/10

(he came back on a re-load so 6/10)

What's this about?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

FastestGunAlive posted:

Several great animal companions in FC5 so you’ll enjoy that. Some of the human ones are fine too, I guess

My best human companion was actually in my friend's game, but it was a loud mouth dude in a tanktop with an RPG that had a hair-trigger. He blew up everything: Vehicles, dogs, enemy gas silos, me-in-an-ATV. I loved him. :allears:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

tripwood posted:

Wow, the bosses in Kiwami 1 are total dogshit damage sponges. I think I'll play this one on easy, it feels more like Yakuza 0 that way.
Majima everywhere is loving amazing though, I have had so many surprise guffaws.

Despite opinions on YK1, Majima Everywhere made it so worth it.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DefensiveBriefEmeraldtreeskink-mobile.mp4

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Receiver 2 is a good game.

Here is the first tape I found in the wild.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

So i'm drinking and making bad decisions. I sort of want a space game.

Now that it's been out a few months, and currently on sale, I'm thinking about Void Destroyer 2. It seems interesting but the looks/sounds don't seem too captivating. The main thing I like about space games, from Freelancer to Elite, is the loop of working mildly fun jobs until upgrading and doing kickass combat missions, but in an open world environment I can take my time in (vs the rogue-lite Everspace).

Contrarily, I can consider getting Rebel Galaxy Outlaw. I don't know much about it (I'd rather go in blind, tbh), but it's more expensive and, from what little comparisons I've seen, more 'shallow'.

My main drive is flight, combat, and a minimum of tedium if I can help it. So, is Void Destroyer 2 worth looking at?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Scalding Coffee posted:

Ironcast is 90% on Humble. How is it and its DLC? How is the level progression?

I loved the idea but ultimately this short negative review from 4/8/2020 paints my stance exactly:

quote:

While the concept itself may be nice, the execution becomes stale very fast. Success in the campaign is almost exclusively based on RNG luck, be it for tiles, equipment drops or enemy equipment. Missions become repetitive very fast aswell.

Unfortunately, can't recommend.

Also, I stopped playing before there were DLCs. Doesn't seem like the time away fixed the core issues, though.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

If you're picking up Hydroneer be very very careful of how you stack items in your truck.

https://i.imgur.com/PgKKddr.mp4

If this game glitches out as much as X360 game series Skate does then i'm getting this poo poo asap. :allears:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Hogama posted:

Remember Shelob from Middle Earth? This is her now.

Feel old yet?

She's barefoot :haw:

Only has 2 feet :saddowns:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I'm one of those terrible people that couldn't get into all of the dark souls games (purchased and tried 1, 2, and 3) but fell in love with NIOH because the combat and loot own, or are at least good at tickling my lizard brain.

I know the gimmick about Surge but is the combat good enough to hold it up?

Morter fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 11, 2020

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Shelob looked like Talion's wife to you folks?

She looks more like Milla Jovovich to me

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

zedprime posted:

Missed Hydroneer chat over the weekend. It's a very budget game and against all better and logical reason I strongly recommend it.

Dumb question because I'm not seeing anything regarding any of the following terms in the store page nor the forums:

Is the world randomized or procedurally generated? Or is it static?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Zeta Acosta posted:

I replayed disco elysium again and i want to play a power fantasy no brains game. Shoot the bad guys, get the lady. What are good games on that category?

Rage 2 if you don't care about the ladies part.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I'll consider SRPG's nominally related to the subject of XCOM-likes.

Because I spent hundreds of hours mindlessly Item Worlding non-optimally to level up stuff in Disgaea 1 & 2 on the PS2--because I'm the type of idiot that likes to do proc-gen poo poo to make numbers go up--I got Disgaea 5.

However, I'm not entirely sure I was able to get into the groove of it.

Does it ever get to the point where just going to Item World is sustainable (ie: you keep getting items, heals, Mr. Gency's Exits, Residents or whatever they're called, etc)? Or should I stick to D1/D2 for those kinds of games?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Dumb question/take time:

I love Cyberpunk action games, mainly shooters: Hard Reset, EYE Divine Cybermancy, Syndicate (2012)...(Edit: I suppose Black Ice counts)

But also non-shooters like Remember Me, and the Mirror's Edge series.

But I want more. I know there are the Deus Ex games but I really couldn't get into them.

Can anyone recommend some others? I probably forgot some because I have a stupidly huge library, but any that you guys could recommend, I'd appreciate. :shobon:

Morter fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 12, 2020

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I've been thinking about KZ but as nice as it looks, for a short game I think i'll wait until I get into the specific mood for it.

I don't have Shadowrun or Transistor. Might try Transistor later, but not looking for turn-based stuff.

I have and beat Blood Dragon, great game. I have Brigador but I haven't tried it recently since the larger updates. I love the aesthetic and I stink at it, but that's just more of a mech game than what I'm looking for.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Have you played: Prey, or Invisible Inc? Very different from each other but incredible and they fit the themes you're looking for. (well, prey kinda does)

I have Prey. I get why its cyberpunk but the execution is more spacey survival horror to me. Which isn't bad--I'm working on beating it (eventually :effort: ), but that's not it.

Invisible Inc doesn't look to be my thing but that does remind me I do have Satellite Reign, which is both set in, and to an extent executes, kind of how I want. So thanks for that.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Xaris posted:

you've p much exhausted everything that's good unless you can give Deus Ex 1 a shot again.

Is there a reason I'd wanna try Deus Ex 1 again over the more modern ones, especially for gameplay sake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

CHOICE COD posted:

Give RUINER a look but probably wait for a sale if you're interested. It was a freebie on Epic a while back; you might already have it there.

Xaris posted:

I guess there's also JYDGE if you want a top-down shooter https://store.steampowered.com/app/654050/JYDGE/

Oh poo poo thank you for reminding me i have both of these games. This will give me both the aesthetic and action! :peanut:

dregan posted:

I didn't see mention of Binary Domain or Vanquish, so I'd suggest Binary Domain and Vanquish. They're a bit more Robot Uprising than Cyberpunk, but if you enjoyed Hard Reset I think you'll get a kick out of them.

Have and beat them both. Great games.

Also thank you everyone, I think I've gotten some leads. Feel free to keep recommending more but I'm good for now