Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
mine is to be a kinder, better poster and to have patience with others here. been challenging so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

whatever the iPad Air outputs to

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
5120 x 2880

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

poo poo that much huh?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

President Beep posted:

mine is to be a kinder, better poster and to have patience with others here. been challenging so far!

the pos is great with posters like you around, beep!

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

poo poo that much huh?

:smugmrgw:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

akadajet posted:

the pos is great with posters like you around, beep!

i didn’t say which new year! :slick:

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

also 2880x1800

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

President Beep posted:

this is a good goal and i will also have this

thank you for your service o7

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

sometimes i think “i should resolve to not post so much” but then I’m just sitting there at home holding the napping baby or maybe i’m pissed off at work or something and then I’m like “gently caress it. time to blast”.

idk. life is funny sometimes bearstato

Willzilla
Aug 16, 2006

Rawr
same as the last10 years, this is the year i finally dunk

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
beep2020

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
my real new years resolution is to get my poo poo together. ive been spending all my time at work, so all my personal affairs are in shambles. gotta un-gently caress that mess.

much like my posting

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/s_ridenour/status/1212560727338364929

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

a general commitment to getting at least *some* nifty software done in my new company before i wimp out and slink back to academia.

also going to spend at least 50% of the year out in the woods.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

learn how c++ templates work (every year since 2000)

but seriously start getting my mental health fixed up and either get a job or go to school

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

matti posted:

but seriously start getting my mental health fixed up [...] go to school

good luck, goon. i continue with the former and will be starting the latter, myself.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i resolve to get better at piano and music stuff this year. gonna take an online theory course and really get this poo poo down

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

akadajet posted:

i resolve to get better at piano and music stuff this year. gonna take an online theory course and really get this poo poo down

that's cool. can you read music?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

President Beep posted:

sure can. I've got a digital piano I've neglected for months. Gonna dust that thing off and get back to work on it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

President Beep posted:

i cant read music yet performed in various groups for well over a decade and was adjudicated 'superior' in my chamber choir in high school. lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i "played" french horn in middle school band but that's it. my oldest son has a beautiful singing voice and i keep nudging him to do get into choir when he's old enough

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

reading the music isn't very hard for me. doing the things the music tells me to can be tough. i wanna get a better theory background so I can deconstruct what's going on since that'll help me internalize everything.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’m probably going to quit my dumb big figgies job and take a small figgies job that’s more interesting.

I’m going to write my own RTOS this year. for real this time.

I’m going to learn how to tune a carburetor and distributor.

I figure at least one of these will actually happen.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
release an app on the app store
get swole

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Perplx posted:

release an app on the app store
get swole

what is your app gonna be op?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

President Beep posted:

it's called "get swole". it's a workout app

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

President Beep posted:

something to watch video streams

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

gonna start eating better and stop being so fuckin out of shape, which starts with dropping my sugar intake dramatically which I guess means no more sugar in my coffee

I also want to improve my 3D art skills so I think I'm going to try to crank out a model every few weeks, which I bet I'm going to be able to do a lot more consistently than the whole "weight loss" thing

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

change my documents, finish cs with at least an engineer degree (eventually) and finally start living my life, and also try to leave my house more often.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

drink less, exercise more, actually finish a project instead of starting a dozen and abandoning them at the first hurdle. clear out the old computer poo poo i keep out of habit and never use.

i've also been telling myself for the last 15 years that i was going to learn to speak another language, maybe this time i'll get further than "yeah that's a good idea" and then doing nothing.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

to get control of my crippling (past time i admitted that) social and general anxiety

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Ciaphas posted:

to get control of my crippling (past time i admitted that) social and general anxiety

therapy and mild medication can do wonders for this and it is really worth doing

go for it, future you will thank past you :thumbsup:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

a new jorb op

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

i'm with you, friend. i've battled depression and anxiety for the majority of my life with some recent-ish successes. PM me if you ever need to talk.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

psiox posted:

therapy and mild medication can do wonders for this and it is really worth doing

yeah. bigtime this.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

psiox posted:

i had the gold standard, cognitive-behavioral, for 3 months a year ago; i've forgotten 95% of the lessons. been on SSRIs for what was thought to be just depression for 10 years, of placebo-like effectiveness - at least those are gone, the side effects sucked; and now I'm on ADHD meds which help some aspects but make the physical part anx worse during the day

hellmonth december has taught me that if i let my guard down, my cat dies, trusted friends make fun of me, my other cat gets sick, i get sudden bills i can't afford, and so on and on and bloody on

i've got therapy on friday that i have to drive an hour+ each way for (e: through rush-hour downtown traffic, even), i can barely afford it, and tbh i don't see the point

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

- a whole giant basket of unimportant first-world-problems from a 35 year old who never grew up