Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

The race at California has been replaced with the Daytona roval for 2021. NASCAR plans one more race on the two-mile oval there before starting the reconfiguration into the 4H-project-gone-wrong short track they're converting it to beginning in 2023.

Are they killing Daytona or California? I am confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Turning California into the offspring of an unfortunate white claw fueled late night tryst between Martinsville and Bristol (with a mall watching, apparently).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

orange juche posted:

Are they killing Daytona or California? I am confused.

California is off the calendar for 2021, followed by the final race on the current configuration in 2022, and the reconfiguration to follow that.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

mischief posted:

Turning California into the offspring of an unfortunate white claw fueled late night tryst between Martinsville and Bristol (with a mall watching, apparently).

Its Peak NASCAR - a good idea done badly

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

algebra testes posted:

Its Peak NASCAR - a good idea done badly

Speaking of!

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1337096356360548353

Hope y'all like rain-delayed Monday racing.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

those start times are good, West coast supremacy. now get rid of stages and i might consider watching whole races again.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Cygni posted:

those start times are good, West coast supremacy.

Yeah! West Coast supremacy! Let's make the races best timed for the region that watches NASCAR the most!

:thunkgun:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

WindyMan posted:

Speaking of!

Oh, gently caress right off, NASCAR.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

at least when the races are delayed until I have to work i have a good excuse for not watching them.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

WindyMan posted:

Yeah! West Coast supremacy! Let's make the races best timed for the region that watches NASCAR the most!

:thunkgun:

more evidence of west coast supremacy

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The hidden gem in that press release is the 4th of July race is the Cup race at Road America.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

skaboomizzy posted:

The hidden gem in that press release is the 4th of July race is the Cup race at Road America.

Road America! gently caress YEAH

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Man that schedule is pretty good, actually
Clash on the Road Course
125's on the Oval
500 on the Oval
New Race on the Road Course
:popeye:

edit: it just hit me that cup is running seven road courses next year

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 10, 2020

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Peanut President posted:

edit: it just hit me that cup is running seven road courses next year

If this trend keeps up, the drivers might actually get good at road courses and then they'll be somewhat less entertaining.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

dennyk posted:

If this trend keeps up, the drivers might actually get good at road courses and then they'll be somewhat less entertaining.

My concern is Chase stinking up the show in the third stage at each of them. He did it at Daytona, the Roval, and the only one who could touch him the last two years at the Glen was MTJ.

E- also, I'm considering watching old Gatorade 125s and or IROC races in Winter Heat soon. Why? They're relatively short. Will they be any good? One way to find out! Let me know if this sounds good to anyone else and we'll do it.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 11, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

My concern is Chase stinking up the show in the third stage at each of them. He did it at Daytona, the Roval, and the only one who could touch him the last two years at the Glen was MTJ.

E- also, I'm considering watching old Gatorade 125s and or IROC races in Winter Heat soon. Why? They're relatively short. Will they be any good? One way to find out! Let me know if this sounds good to anyone else and we'll do it.

I'm always down for winter heat stuff

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

orange juche posted:

I'm always down for winter heat stuff

You're in luck, because Windy, EB, and I decided on Indianapolis Speedrome Figure 8 Enduros. Start time should be fairly soon, as we had a request to be done in time for MLS Cup at 8:30 Eastern tonight.

e- Here we go: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat :getin:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 12, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: HEY :siren:. it's time for TWISTS! TURNS! TWEETS!

quote:

It is time to continue a new Christmas tradition! Yes, SASCAR Winter Heat Presents the 3rd Annual World Figure 8 Championship 3-Hour Enduro Christmas Watch Party. That's right! There's a 3-hour figure 8 endurance race with 800hp cars, hot pit stops, more finishers than starters, and drivers with balls as heavy or heavier than their right foot as they careen through the intersection thousands upon thousands times. We're going to get together to watch it on Christmas day!

The fun begins at 11 a.m Pacific / 2 p.m. Eastern / 7 p.m. GMT on December 25 with a one-hour pre-show of various Winter Heat favorites. You'll see Tuff Trucks, backwards drag racing (with a twist!), questionable class racing, Dumb poo poo, and yes—cars will fly. The main event, a 4-hour live race broadcast of the 2020 Figure 8 3-Hour Enduro (3 hours for the race plus time for red flags and post-race stuff) will be shown via screenshare on the SASCAR Discord around 12 noon Pacific / 3 p.m. Eastern / 8 p.m. GMT on Christmas Day. Things should wrap up around 5p PT/8p ET/Midnight GMT.

Please note that this playlist will NOT be shown in the Winter Heat CyTube channel, as the 2020 Enduro can't be embedded externally. Instead, it will be shown via a new #winterheat channel in the SASCAR Discord, to be found here: https://discord.gg/qjRQSDhuEt

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 25, 2020

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy
FYI, Chili Bowl is live right now for free on lucasoilracing.tv app and the Mavtv facebook page

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy
1990 Daytona 500 champ Derrike Cope is back!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Wow! I can't wait for him to start and park and finish 39th!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

WindyMan posted:

Speaking of!

Whoop whoop !!

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
N****R 2021: Welcome back, Kyle Larson!

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

CactusWeasle posted:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

CactusWeasle posted:

:kiss:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CactusWeasle posted:

:pusheen:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

CactusWeasle posted:

hOLLYYYY SHITTT

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

CactusWeasle posted:

:piss:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CactusWeasle posted:

impressive. very nice.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CactusWeasle posted:

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

CactusWeasle posted:

Daaaaaaayum.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CactusWeasle posted:

:tviv:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CactusWeasle posted:

:golfclap:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hard Rs Earn Hendrick Cars.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

:vince:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

CactusWeasle posted:

CBJSprague24 posted:

:blastu:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

That's us set for the whole season on thread titles.

drat.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Speaking of new threads, I suppose one of us should make one soon but :effort:

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Pumped for the Beef! It’s What’s for Dinner 300 as an appetizer for the 500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

"The Other N Word Rednecks Love To Yell" is a little of a ripoff but I'm throwing it on the pile for future use