Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it's a great paint scheme if you're estonian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

rip the only good andretti

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

algebra testes posted:

That reminds me, that goon should stream that "get into my car" NASCAR game. That was fun.

my capture card gave in so i can't stream console games right now, plus i work overnights so i'd be streaming at like 1am on weekends

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

I would be totally down for this whenever you could do it again, even if I had to watch playbacks on YouTube for a bit.

maybe at some point. i'm working on a kerbal let's play right now that is taking a shitload of time and effort to put together the way i want to, so if and when i return to nascar games, it'll be some time from now.

e: also i am thinking of doing dirt to daytona or 06 when i do go back to them, d2d because it's still the best console nascar game and 06 because the car swapping mechanic leads to a hell of a lot of goofy fun if you abuse the poo poo out of it.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 8, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

shame on an IGA posted:

I didn't watch live and am still catching up,
fuuuuuuuuck

https://mobile.twitter.com/k014c/status/1229573906849312768?s=07

this exact scenario has been a major fear of mine regarding restrictor plate racing for a very long time and i can't believe it has not happened before

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Crusty Nutsack posted:

it's probably good that they're not updating yet? I mean if he were DOA we'd probably know by now. presumably they're waiting until they assess him more, or get him into surgery, or just know more information before an official update. hopefully.

this is not necessarily true at all

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Pinecone Sample posted:

"NASCAR is getting very close to putting Steve O'Donnell in place" - SiriusXM

also
https://twitter.com/jaybusbee/status/1229602595951521794

i thought this was going to be at best a steve park or jerry nadeau situation, how the gently caress

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hunnert car pileup posted:

god, poor Steve Park. That Darlington wreck has to be one of the freakest of freak accidents ever.

being a new yorker i was an obligatory huge steve park fan :smith:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Besides, it's always in style to poo poo on Jack Roush.

reminder that jack roush's incessant bitching is what led to the common template and set nascar on the road to forcing manufacturers to make all the cars the exact fuckin same

gently caress jack roush

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kidcoelacanth posted:

in fairness we really don't know the full extent of this yet, so

nadeau and park both had extremely life-threatening injuries upon arrival to the hospital so newman is already better off than either of them

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I watched the crashes of Bodine, Newman, Wheldon, Park, Earnhardt, McDowell, Dillon, Larson all live but for some reason the one that always sticks with me is Steve Grissom at Atlanta because I remember them showing how his car just loving annihilated the concrete wall.

i watched that live with my dad and his 'holy poo poo!' stuck with me my whole life.

he changed the channel right after the wreck because he thought grissom was dead and did not want me watching.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia2D-irpIIs

man i still can't believe how the back of the car just goes away, christ that man was lucky

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the actual worst-looking nascar crash i saw live that didn't involve serious injuries was jeff fuller's kentucky crash, where the entire car just buckled. the left side completely collapsed despite him hitting the wall with the right side of the car.

he had a broken wrist and smoke inhalation.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmao

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hmmm, maybe i'll try and see if i can get a streaming setup up and running and stream some old nascar games again until they decide to race

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

feels good to be so vindicated for hating this shithead from the day he entered the sport lmao

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SwampYankee posted:

Holy gently caress the crazy bastards actually did it. It's probably going to drive more fans away from the sport, but I have a feeling they aren't people I'd miss anyway.

if nascar actually has any hope to survive they need to shed their redneck image. keeping shitters who care about their right to fly confederate flags is more detrimental to the long-term health of the sport than telling them to gently caress off.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kidcoelacanth posted:

i cannot fathom america at this point

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Beachbum30 posted:

maybe you'll need a cop one day and then what? you people are weird

why does everyone not know that we should all be racing fans at the same time together? dumbness.

im scraed of the future

they've spent the last month+ shooting protestors point-blank with rubber bullets and a chemical that's literally banned by the loving geneva convention why the gently caress would i or any other rational human being ever trust them to do jack fuckin poo poo to help anyone

like their response to these protests should have shut dipshits like you who genuinely believe that they are noble, helpful people up forever

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Beachbum30 posted:

good winner at the all star race

so all you racist feel about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S5OH2vhRXs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrwsRc31TFc

hahah how you dummies will say this is racist because these guys dont agree with your racism. you guys are stupid.

bullets to all you guys haha dummys

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i dunno where the gently caress this guy came from but i hope he goes back to wherever that was

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ok boomer

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

didn't they test a package where they more or less did that and the drivers who tested it liked it, and then nascar decided to instead give the cars a bigger spoiler

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

in awe of this dude with his barely used, 14-yaer-old account coming right the gently caress out of nowhere to threadshit a nascar thread by calling people racist commies lmao

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kansas roval when

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hunnert car pileup posted:

Chicago built not 1 but 2 speedway sized ovals like 20 years ago and now they're both dead lmao

it was all worth it for that one time the giant tropicana orange got loose

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

rip spunky gulliver

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it super owns that the end result of larson being a racist shitbag is that he gets a ride in a better car than the one he got thrown out of lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

chamois posted:

do people really think in their hearts that he deserved a lifetime suspension, or that anybody involved in the sport outside of the 10 people that post on this board would even want that?

if he was some idiot 14-year-old who didn't understand the weight of what he said then i'd say maybe he deserves another chance, but uh, he's a grown-rear end man who absolutely 100% understood what he was saying and did it anyway.

more than that, any team and sponsor willing to get behind him sucks a fat dick. i guess it's fitting that he got hired by the team run by a convicted felon.