Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
How dumb was that drone camera? It was never in position to show anything at the right time, much like Fox broadcasts in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Mahoning posted:

Nothing will scream “don’t start watching NASCAR again!” to you like a long rear end delay featuring Donald loving Trump.

I thought I escaped Trump turning it on twenty minutes late and now I'm sitting through this bootlicking by drivers I'm coming to all hate

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I booed John Ashcroft at a race once and some guy next to me told me that I was disrespecting our troops but that was it.

I feel like booing Trump would be markedly less tolerated in NASCAR culture today.

Real nice of the president to show love for the great American race by having everyone held up at security and all that and push back the start of the race 20 minutes such that we're sitting here watching nothing. Definitely great for the publicity of NASCAR to start the season with a rain delay.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Can I bet whether it's official today? They're not racing more than an hour.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Everything he touches dies. This is like when Bama lost to LSU at home except not fun.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

My dad just got in the house I guess and he called me raving mad to ask why Darrell Waltrip is back after all LMAO

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

This is an exercise in futility, they're uncovering the cars while losing the backstretch. I don't see a point in starting after 9, and it is going to take 2 hours to dry the track in the dark.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

It's pouring again

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

POSTPONED

https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/1229190774165835776?s=19

Imagine a 1:10 pm green flag (that they could have moved up to noon, even) and had an official race by the time Trump took off

But no, they thought these 3 pm starts were good for ratings. In reality, are Monday afternoon TV ratings better or worse?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

A non-race fan asked for betting tips. I said maybe Denny, all of the Joe Gibbs cars would run up front, except Erik Jones would gently caress it up. Come home to see halfway and I nailed it.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

LMAO what the gently caress

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Joey's dumbass caused it, wrecked his teammate who had a great chance to win, and escaped it
lollllllllllllll

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/CleverImpossibleEggYouWHY

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Does the 10 blow a front left or something before getting jammed? https://clips.twitch.tv/FrozenBelovedWatermelonArsonNoSexy

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

They're finna wreck again

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

It’s a bingo!

Just glad the 22 got his comeuppance rather than a win

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

They take you to Halifax because they have to, not because they can. I have a sinking feeling.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/WendyVenturini/status/1229571917759307777

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Is fox really not doing post-race on fs1 or fs2

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

mattfl posted:

Read they put screens up around his car when they took him out. I bet that’s why Gordon sounded like he did, he knows it’s bad when they do that.

https://twitter.com/JKepnerWFTV/status/1229572469138350080

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/CoreyLaJoie/status/1229576392209260545

it doesn't sound like anyone knows anything
which makes you wonder what the gently caress Denny was thinking. you have spotters, man, JGR knows how loving ugly that was, how do you celebrate at all

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

gently caress Fox and its awful coverage for having college basketball on and tape-delayed dirtbike racing

hopefully we learn some good news in the next half-hour before NBCSN comes on

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

The thing I remember about Dale was how loving slow everything moved. The fact that Ryan was rushed in means there's hope.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

called my dad and he said we haven't seen the black screens since JD McDuffie
the fact that the car was uncovered, well, at least it means not a lot of blood
gently caress, man

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

NBCSN says NASCAR America [new][live] and they're showing... hockey celebrations

my dad says his cable says American Ninja Warrior though

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

NASCAR America was officially pre-empted last night when they knew the race was gonna go on into tonight, don't read so much into it

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Mike Joy was just on siriusxm

He said the speed of the ambulance leaving meant the most to him

He also apologized for the way Fox signed off but felt when you don't know anything you can't say anything

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I'm afraid to ask, but what *was* the speed of the ambulance?

fast

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Well that clears it up.

Joy said they were moving fast. The reports are that he was rushed in to the hospital.

I was a kid and I didn't make too much of it at the time, but when my dad saw how slow they were working on Dale, he took us out for ice cream or something.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

2 people on a chat said Fox scrolled that Newman was "talking" 1x on the bottom, did anyone actually see that

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

blue checkmark says
https://mobile.twitter.com/clairemetzwesh/status/1229598862282838016

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

"NASCAR is getting very close to putting Steve O'Donnell in place" - SiriusXM

also
https://twitter.com/jaybusbee/status/1229602595951521794

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

The entry list for Vegas is out and the 6 has no driver listed. Roush has no NXS team to pull from, so who gets the seat? You'd have to think it'd be a Ford guy like Briscoe or Cindric, right?

Well, David Ragan was only signed up for Daytona, finished 4th, and I don't think there was any bad blood with Roush... I could see that working out if it's like 4-6 weeks.

Considerations for replacing Newman will probably have to be short-term (could he just have a concussion or does he have fractured vertebrae?) and long-term (can he be long for this business at 42 years old?)

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Chastain in my campaign lemme do the drat thing

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/Angela__Ruch/status/1232669517333045250

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I'm surprised Trump hasn't tweeted about it yet.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I'll be excited if the season finale is that good. If we still have spectator sports by that time.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

He might as well go race in Japan

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Warrick Scott's grandson was on an ESPN radio show. He lost me at a couple of points but it was good to listen to, he has a unique perspective and is a voice that deserves to be heard.

https://chirb.it/baqdqm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/BubbaWallace/status/1250883737585410048

Bubba replied. Not really fair to him that he was put in the position that he had to.

I wish more drivers were at least honest enough to say, "he's my friend and my friend did something lovely"

They won't even say poo poo :confused: