Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomitorium
Oct 2, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Mm, cancel culture.

To race you need sponsorship and the sponsorship you want is the one worth a lot of money. For the company to have a lot of money to spend on sponsorship, they need to be successful. To be a successful company to need to maintain things like not being racist or acting in ways that are illegal or will diminish your brand.

Tennis doesn’t work like this. Few hundred bucks and I can get you the best racquet and some great shoes, grab a tshirt and shorts and we can go down to some public courts and give it a go. Racing is nothing like this, that’s why there are so many spectators.. just participating requires a level of investment beyond many people.

So.. to be given the golden ticket.. for one of these huge rich racing teams and corporate partners to choose you.. you need to understand what I just said.

I agree cancel culture is bullshit and the modern online witchhunts lead by people that have never done anything more in their lives than post, driven by envy and spite, are garbage. But in racing we all want to sign that sponsor and to make such a simple and easy to avoid move like using the n-word is just.. its lazy. He deserves to lose it, plenty of other kids out there wanting the drive that might even deserve it and they’ll be sure to do their bit.

It’s a 24/7 job, it’s a lifestyle not a job. Don’t think I’d be too good at it to be honest, I can hopefully drive the car but constantly watching what I say I would find really oppressive. But that’s the deal, so yeah.. don’t say dumb poo poo in public chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomitorium
Oct 2, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
heh

its like any other job. you can be CEO of the bank and you'll get paid a lot of money but if you start broadcasting the n-word then yeah, you're gone. Just because he's racing cars doesn't mean he's a cool guy that gets to say whatever the gently caress he wants :D

edit: actually its not like any other loving job its a lot better than being the drat CEO of a stupid loving bank so like we'll let you drive and even smash our super expensive and cool racecar but can you just not like.. be a piece of poo poo? seems pretty fair to me.. and omg I wasn’t being a piece of poo poo I was just.. listen buddy, this isn’t a deal most people get offered..

edit2: as for Larson's next corporate sponsor, cancel culture has become so prevelant and so many people speak of it negatively that eventually the PR move is going to be to come back the other way and giving someone a second chance is something you can really market. If that time is now and if you want your company taking that chance, is a harder sell.

Vomitorium fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 29, 2020

Vomitorium
Oct 2, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
jesus christ haha, you goddamn monsters