Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I'm not going to watch a single god drat race this season and still bother you assclowns in IRC

...Discord or whatever that dumb poo poo is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Who cares? She's a fun driver to watch and has the potential to be quite successful.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I'm more than okay with Mike Joy and Jeff Gordon on their own. There was a time and a place for DW but it was getting long in the tooth.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I saw ARCA pop up on my work calendar and my heart grew a whole size.

They really love us this year. Things are going to change.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Uhhhh....

ARCA is at 1630 tomorrow and is really all you need to worry about this weekend.

Cup qualifying at 1200 Sunday, then the Clash at 1500.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

RACE CARS. ON MY TV.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

"Hold my beer...."

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Martinsville is fun but Bristol is more of an experience. The scale of the track is insane and the race is usually pretty good.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

tater_salad posted:

I got a hat... :).

He got murdered on track. It was super sad.

Edit: Rain. OH BOY.

mischief fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 15, 2020

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

iirc kenny schrader knew pretty much right away that dale was dead af

That's still one of the saddest parts of that accident. He was just heart broken when he ran up on that car.

It's really a different era in track safety. Even the Wheldon accident, it was responders first on scene.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

hunnert car pileup posted:

Just root for chaos.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Mmmmm... Fontana.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Personally I really preferred the worried Ashley Judd in a sundress cam.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Impressive anthem.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I might actually make the trip next year. I can get free 24 hour tickets, would be a badass way to spend a few days.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Also, even as young as he is, he has a real appreciation for the history and people that have made the sport. Brad has a similar booth presence.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Gravel is better than pavement, pavement is better than grass. There have been plenty of big grass related wrecks with stock cars.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

harperdc posted:

for cars. As wicka said, it’s not good for bikes because they cause nastier accidents.

How many tracks are stock cars and bikes sharing? I'm not being a smart rear end, I legitimately don't know.

Stock cars run at a handful of road courses that have definitely benefited from adding gravel traps. There are also a handful of oval/ovalish tracks that have radically improved safety by paving grass sections.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I did a double take when they showed the stands.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

The racing has been a complete novelty but yeah, bringing actual color and commentary guys in was what really put it over the top.

Even the little stuff like flying the pit guys into random peoples game rooms was hilarious.

Clint was trying very, very, very hard a few times today not to cuss on national television.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

mischief posted:

Even the little stuff

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

We're really watching people race internet cars on the TV.

This is hell.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

The only really consistent part of his driving ability is loving up in the clutch. He's incredibly fun to watch and was historically a loving home run spokesperson.

Now he's an rear end in a top hat that has amazing accidents.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Peanut President posted:

this is now an official Kyle Busch fan zone.

Ewwwww gross...

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Junior got up into top 5 in his first Indy IRace. I suspect Kyle will trounce it.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

My personal highlight was Will Power asking race control for the late yellow and getting shut down.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Savvy move. Replace the young and promising driver with tons of potential with literally the most boring driver ever.

Edit: I'm not in any way saying Larson didn't screw the pooch royally but this kind of thing is a big part of where we end up with Sponsorbot in the 48 and very little actual driver personality. Bowyer and Blaney are the last two guys with any kind of charisma and even it is usually pretty sanitized and safe.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

UFC and stock cars back on the same weekend.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Atleast it will keep the chuds home for a few hours

Go outside, honey. You're getting annoying.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Am I right seeing World Of Outlaws running tonight at 1900? :eyepop:

Edit: 8th I'm an idiot

mischief fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 7, 2020

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Chinatown posted:

non NASCAR person here

im watching this whole race

god bles

but why....

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

That car has been loving death loose for 30+ laps and dude just keeps on loving trucking. I was never a kenseth fan, but that's some impressive driving period, much less with being the first time in the car.

Him jumping in a car with setup notes for a guy that loves high lines and sketchy loose cars and still doing well was hugely impressive, especially at Darlington.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Rain delay but looks pretty promising. Drying pit road, etc.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

(He did it on purpose.)

Edit: And it was amazing then there was a fox and WHAT THE gently caress

mischief fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 21, 2020

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

That's as loose as I've ever seen those cars. Crazy finish and good for Briscoe.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Good race. Good finish. Good coverage.

I'm okay with CORONASCAR so far.

Needs more drone though.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Swamp buggies is pretty apex redneck.

There's still mud drag racing around here. It's loving awesome.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Mediocre race at an intermediate, I'm shocked.

Edit: Bubba. You good?

mischief fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

drat. :sweatdrop: