Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Norns posted:

Much like your posting

I don't know man, that was a pretty good OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

I don't understand how this allows for more strategy calls and more interesting races. It just means Goodyear is most likely going to give them a left side tire that is hard as poo poo and probably only has to be changed once in 500 miles anyway. I don't really see how this mixes up strategy either. If the left side tire is hard as poo poo the teams typically adopt a 2 tire pit strategy anyway. We see it all the time on newly paved tracks. Hard tire, because Goodyear was too dumb to change the compound after the repave, plus the new pavement, equals 2 tire stops. I say it takes strategy away if anything because there won't be the guys like Paul Wolfe who see there are 75 laps left and my car has been stuck in 17th place all day, we can't pass, gently caress it we're taking 2 when everyone else takes 4 to shake poo poo up a little bit.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

ThePopeOfFun posted:

This is probably the only place on SA to talk about it, so whatever.

The Chilli Bowl is NEXT WEEK. Have any of ya'll been? My job requires I care about this and NASCAR, so I'm trying to educate myself.

I have not been, but, you are going to see a lot of top tier racers who really want to win that thing. Even top NASCAR guys like Kyle Larson show up to try to win the thing. It is a fairly prestigious event in the racing world as a whole, not necessarily just NASCAR. I'm guessing by your post you're not necessarily a race fan but you're probably going to see some really good racing with some real good talent at the front of each race.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

ThePopeOfFun posted:

I realize I implied i was going. Sprint cars and racing are amazing, it's just not a world that easy to get into, so i was wondering what y'all thought. Really wish I could go, but it's too far away these days.

I live in New England so pavement oval racing is the biggest thing around here. I've been to a couple of dirt races, World of Outlaws, in different parts of the country and it is really awesome to watch, I enjoy it for sure I just don't see a lot of it in person. The way that I basically understand it is if you win the Chili Bowl or like Knoxville Nationals or any one of those big dirt races you are pretty drat good racer because those are the types of races the top tier racers will still show up to and try to win even though they have "made it" already.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

I'm hoping Suarez drops back to Xfinity at this point and has a competitive ride versus just staying in Cup for the sake of being there. Drop down, get some wins, go from there. Dude is still young in reality and an athlete, he's got 15 or 20 years to do this still

I think that is his best bet really. He's only had a few years in Cup to get his feet under him, what did it take Logano, like 5 seasons and a team change before he became a viable threat in Cup? I could see Bowyer getting moved out for Suarez but I feel like it was a little bit of a down year for Haas as a whole and it seemed like Clint was a little more competitive overall than Suarez but that could be an experience thing. You can't get experience if you ain't in a car. Still I think there is more worth to maybe winning but at least getting running up front experience in Xfinity than getting the experience of trying not to get run over in the Joe Schmoe Brother's #96. How many years do you think Clint has left? Guys seem to be retiring earlier and earlier, maybe Clint finishes his contract and Suarez gets another shot then?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

If true, I'm glad to see they're going to experiment with something in the "minors" before forcing it into Cup for once.

e- Owns. OWNS. Must-watch video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQpIyp7TD80

Two things-
-What's the purpose of the inflated bubbles and why would only a few of the cars be in them?
-Apparently Jeff Gordon had an offer to run the Indy 500 "when he was 35", which would be 2006 or 2007.

That video was cool as hell. He's basically kept every iconic car he's ever driven. I thought it was a cool bit of insight on the road course chassis, which Jeff said they did about the same thing, is they built one really good road car and just kept using it over and over and over again. Also pretty interesting it was chassis #048, so early on in their chassis building to hit on a really good, winning piece.

I'm sure those bubbles are some sort of preservation deal which is probably why most of his collector type cars were in them, like the #14 off the line Camaro, and #14 off the line Stingray and the Smokey and the Bandit car, all the classic cars. I'm guessing the stock cars he has bubbled up, aside from the IROC, were maybe like the first car he ever ran in Cup and the first car he ever ran for his own team? Just a guess but makes sense to me.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Won't tracks just tarp the backside of their speedways and just sell the frontstretch and the turns? Or even cut it in half, sell from Turn 4 down to Turn 1 and call it a day? Still I'm sure there are a few tracks that would struggle to hit 70% with even that but I can't imagine it would be too many.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

I knew it must have been pretty rough when they didn't show the replay right away. I'm only hoping they showed it because maybe they think/have some sort of knowledge that he's going to be OK but so far it seems pretty bad. That hit when he was upside down loving crushed the driver's side.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

i'm so loving mad at that caution, we got completely robbed of a great finish. bowman was absolutely hauling rear end

Yes it was very frustrating to hear the commentators talk about how great the race was with a great finish when the finish ruined the whole thing. The #22 was hot loving garbage before the yellow and got lucky that a bunch of garbage cars stayed out/the #24 got his fenders pushed in because he was probably the best car left at the front. The #88 and the #12 fighting out the last few laps would have been great. I understand there was some carnage there at the end but they basically had a full lap to see if the wrecked cars were still under power and could get out of the way and could have held the yellow until really, really late in the lap.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

big nipples big life posted:

After Monday I can't really blame them for being trigger happy with the caution 6 days later.

Yeah I kinda figured that was a contributing factor. I was just bummed in the moment because of an anticlimactic finish.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

I didn't see yesterday's race but I did learn via Twitter that the Kim Burton Cam is still a loving thing. Every other post was something to the effect of GET KIM BURTON OFF MY SCREEN. I always felt that way anytime Jeff was leading at the end of a race. Again I didn't see the race so I don't know how egregious the Kim Burton coverage was but I know it always annoyed me when Jeff was leading with 10 to go and it would practically be side by side on the TV of her like crying and freaking out and race coverage. Every once in a while they will show a shot of Samantha Busch or somebody else but it is like 1 or 2 shots for like a second each I don't know how Kim got to be such a camera hog back then.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

mischief posted:

Personally I really preferred the worried Ashley Judd in a sundress cam.

Truth.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

It's probably the latter. 5 lugs is a better show but 1 lug is a better design for a race car in every other respect. I will miss 5 lugs though.

Yeah I feel the same. Hitting 5 perfectly off and on in 12.7 seconds for four tires is really loving amazing. If they go to one lug, what are we looking at like 9 second stops, mostly for fuel?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

:getin:

The majority of the guests they have lined up have been interesting and really good interviews, but this promises to be one of the best.

Does anybody have preferred way of listening to his podcasts? I tend to prefer the drivers I grew up watching (Gordon, Smoke, Labonte, Rudd, etc), followed by legends and modern day personalities. I haven't listened to any of the IndyCar drivers or John Force yet, but I'm planning on circling back around them.
I come in and out on his podcast. If it is a current driver I def check it out and if it is a past driver that I really liked I def check it out. I just listened to a couple clips from Rick Mast that were good and honestly I couldn't turn the James Finch episode off. I really didn't know his history within the sport and it was really entertaining to hear a bunch of his stories. My only complaint was that he clearly had dry mouth like halfway through and the mic was way too hot allowing his dry mouth lip smacking to drive me up the loving wall but I hung in there anyway because most of the stories were good.

shame on an IGA posted:

Has it been mentioned that Myrtle Beach Speedway has been sold for demolition and redevelopment contingent on a rezoning that is effectively certain to happen?
This was going to be one of my next iRacing purchases, if it gets demo'd do you think they'll take it off schedules?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Did any of you guys watch that Battle for Daytona show on Motortrend? It is a 5 part series that picks up in like January and follows Austin Dillon, Tyler Reddick and Corey LaJoie through speedweeks and then the 500. It was kinda cool to get some first person insight on the Ryan Newman crash but I think the show did a decent job not making that the focal point considering that one of the drivers they were following were very involved in that wreck.

Corey LaJoie actually came off like a pretty normal dude. I knew they were a small team at GoFas Racing but I had no idea they only have 16 people working there, like in the shop. I'm not sure if they are counting like over the wall guys and stuff like that. I honestly didn't think shoestring teams were like under 25 people small. The show makes me want to pull for him more. Reddick to me seems like he gets it. First year in the series, has a lot to learn, finish all the laps he can is his biggest goal. He seems like he knows he's got a chance to make a career for himself in Cup if he can play it right. Dillon on the other hand comes off like a total douche. He just comes off with an attitude like, hey check me out I'm a bad rear end racecar driver and I earned it all myself. Even in his interactions with Reddick he's like, come on rook, lemme show you how the big boys do it where meanwhile he's accomplished about as much as Trevor Bayne ever did.

I would say it was fairly interesting, getting to see a little behind the scenes and the differences between a top organization and a bottom organization.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

No racing but at least the full Dale Jr. podcast with Kenny Schrader is up. I listened to it today, pretty entertaining, as Schrader always is. Apparently he was pretty drat close to running Indy but ended up wrecking the car and he was ok but at that time guys were getting their legs broken left and right when they were wrecking and he liked the idea of stock and sprint cars better. I knew he was a dirt guy but didn't know he was so high up in USAC and Silver Crown he was getting some sniffs at Indy.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

This looks like my rookie street stock races.

I love it.

Yeah when there was a caution on lap 2 I was like, yep, it's an iRacing race. But in typical iRacing fashion they had a bunch of cautions early, those guys ran out of quick repairs so they were stuck in the pits waiting for repairs and the last half went pretty smoothly. I kinda hope they do this every week with maybe some different guys mixed in, or different cars at different tracks or something. I'd like to see more retired guys get into it like maybe Dale Jarrett, or Mark Martin, Kenseth, Carl Edwards, Smoke? Just to drag out some familiar faces we haven't seen in a racing environment in a while.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

I want to see the top Cup guys against the top iRacing guys

That would be a real pro invitational. You could tell right away the guys who run iRacing a lot were the best guys. I also really liked that they showed some of the different rigs the guys have. Timmy Hill runs like the same setup I do (though I paddle shift and don't run a clutch). Kinda funny to see Denny's loving full roll cage setup and then Hill's was just a wheel and shifter strapped to a desk with a single monitor and they both were in it for the win at the end.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

tater_salad posted:

A car is trash.. I've been sticking to b and c. B car still is fun to drive.

I mostly run some mix of the lower class stuff, late models, SK's, tour mod, super lates, C class street stocks and even though it is rookie I really like running the legends. I just wish there was like a C class legend league with more laps and fewer scrubs. The only B class things I have right now are the sprint car because I'm an idiot and the Xfinity car because a friend convinced me to buy it so I could rank up to A. I then realized I'd have to spend so much money on tracks I don't think I'll race the Xfinity car much, though it does handle pretty well everywhere I've tested it. The sprint car...is a handful to say the least. I've done a little bit of testing with it after my buddy said it was impossible to drive and I thought, how hard could it be? It is rough. 800hp and fixed gear. I haven't had the balls to actually enter a race with it even after I've gotten the thing semi driveable at a few tracks. Don't wanna be That Guy putting the yellow out every 3 laps.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Shine posted:

I use a Logitech G27 (the predecessor to the G29), though I recently splurged on Fanatec pedals. Basically any wheel you can buy at the charred remains of Fry's or Best Buy is fine and will be fine for years.

If you get super into sim stuff and don't have to spend money raising children, then eventually you might wanna upgrade your pedals, as pressure-based pedals (i.e. load cell pedals) make a legit difference in your braking consistency, which is nice on short ovals and road courses. But plenty of people never do, and they still do just fine. So yeah, to just hop in and start racing, buy whatever cheap poo poo you can find and have fun!

Yeah I have a super cheap setup that I bought thinking I'd upgrade if I got really into it but so far I haven't yet and it has been about a year and a half. I'll probably upgrade to the Logitech at some point but I also need to upgrade my computer, or at least my graphics card because as it is iRacing says my computer is not good enough to run iRacing but it does fine for the most part. I even started with a loving controller just to see if it was something I'd be into at all and bought a wheel like that same week.

Douchebag posted:

Need to make sure I get an Xbox compatible wheel so I can play Forza too.
I also used to run Forza like nonstop and honestly since getting iRacing I may have played Forza twice and didn't even bother buying Forza 7.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Also:
Larry: "That's about the worst attempt to wreck someone I've ever seen."
Mike: "Well, Danica had one."

:thurman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl_kFb2993Y
He spit that out so quick too. It's like he's been waiting 5 years for this scenario to occur so he could bust on Danica for not being able to wreck somebody without wrecking herself.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Vando posted:

If people are getting into iRacing and want to yell about it to other goons... well the thread is pretty low traffic nowadays, most chat and organising of races is in discord: https://discord.gg/g4PDRhM

I've been meaning to make may way to this but just haven't yet so thanks for the link. Not sure how many I'll make, I mostly run in the afternoons but I'll try to get to a few. Gotta practice the legacy truck I guess.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Oh man the sponsor with the deathblow there at the end. Suarez and Larson were getting into it pretty good too. Both got parked, Suarez took to Twitter also but I don't know how to embed tweets so sorry! E: apparently I do, OK.

https://twitter.com/Daniel_SuarezG/...6widget%3DTweet

E: Also wanted to say that for however entertaining that bit of it was, this was by far the worst one of these yet. The whole 150 laps was basically run under yellow for the feature.

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 5, 2020

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

drat I saw 50 something new posts and thought, what the hell big news could have happened when there is literally nothing going on in sports right now? Didn't know it was gonna cost me money for a new avatar though. Don't worry, I'll put a new one up at somepoint later. loving idiot.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Peanut President posted:

this is now an official Kyle Busch fan zone.
gently caress! I thought for sure we were bringing Jamie McMurray back. Well I'm not buying another av.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

mischief posted:

Junior got up into top 5 in his first Indy IRace. I suspect Kyle will trounce it.

Jr. put up the highlights on his YouTube page. He did a really great job avoiding a huge wreck early, and got a little lucky because he did get slid into with little to no damage. Then he was seemingly like a 14th place car but played the fuel mileage perfectly and passed a bunch of guys who pitted early and had to make an additional stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke5SZYut5vs

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Ryan Newman announced the plan is to be back in the 6 as soon as whatever the first race back is (still rumored to be Darlington 5/17).

That's roughly three months after the wreck. :stare:

I'm thinking all that means is that a lot of the stuff they kept him in the hospital for, and out of the car for, was mostly precautionary and wait and see type stuff just to make for sure, sure that his head wasn't a scrambled egg inside. I mean he walked out like what, 2 days, 3 days later?

I wonder if Chastain gets to keep the 6 for iRacing? Race today wasn't that bad actually. It was an improvement, I think, to have Gordon and Bowyer in the race. It was entertaining to hear them talking to each other while in the pack.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is it too :tinfoil: to wonder out loud if the Sunday and Wednesday night iRacing shows on FOX/FS1 aren't, at least in part, testbeds to see if people would watch eRacing in lieu of the real thing?

Maybe it is a test bed to running two shorter races a week rather than 1 long as garbage pile on a Sunday? Say 250's in a week, Wed and Sun, rather than 1 500 mile race? I think Indy does it right, like a Saturday/Sunday double header at some tracks? If they ran a Texas 250 on a Wed night and then a 250 on a Sun afternoon this time of year I think that would work out nicely.

Probably a lot of strain on teams, especially the small ones, to get done with a race on Sunday and have another car ready to go that Wednesday but I think the shorter races, and one on a weekday, would be pretty fun to watch.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

I actually like this, but I think of this group the hardest ones to keep separate would be the spotters.

Give them 2 radios. One to talk to the team and one spotter group chat radio so they can be spaced all over the track, not have to be together, and still be able to communicate.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Maybe the race coverage will be better today as they don't have to strategically aim the cameras to not show the empty stands?

Maybe they'll super impose the iracing stands from now until eternity since that will be the only time the stands will be that full again.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I am kind of surprised that they completely called out Kyle Larson for losing his ride at the beginning though... straight up said he used a racial slur during an iracing event and lost his ride to Matt.
I missed that part of the broadcast I guess. I thought it was weird when it was mentioned a few times what a "great story" it was with Matt getting this chance. I just kept thinking, great story? The dude that lost the ride was one of the most promising talents of late to get a shot a cup and lost it by saying the N-word. Whether they covered the actual story or not calling this chance for Kenseth a "great story" is loving weird. If you're Matt Kenseth I suppose it is probably pretty cool to get another shot at the ring but I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it's a great story.

iwentdoodie posted:

That car has been loving death loose for 30+ laps and dude just keeps on loving trucking. I was never a kenseth fan, but that's some impressive driving period, much less with being the first time in the car.
That was super impressive. I was never much of a Kenseth fan either but right before that last caution and he was sawing that wheel back and forth to hold on to 10th, that was pretty great. He had every excuse to pack it in and finish 15th with an ill handling car and he just kept wheeling. I know he's run some late model races and stuff but even 100 laps at a .5 mile track somewhere can't compare to 300 at Darlington with a car that loose and you haven't done it in 2 years.

My only complaint is that I know they cut 100 miles of this race but I have gotten so used to putting the iRaces on and zipping through them in like 1.5hrs I say cut another 100 miles off. Which I guess they did for Wed night right? 500km is 310 miles according to Google. That should be a pretty good race I'm hoping.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Also probably factoring in are unique camera angles they wouldn't otherwise have as you're not supposed to fly them over groups of people.

I thought it was OK here and there but I felt like they were throwing to it way too often just because they could and how long will they be able to do it? There was only 1 time where it actually peaked my interest and it was the drone flying down pit lane while the cars were under yellow going down the front stretch and the drone was keeping pace and all I thought was drat that drone is loving fast. I'm not in the drone game so that thing flying at pace speed was impressive to me anyway. I guess I still think of those things as like big kid toys that you take out during the BBQ to take a group photo and not the 45 mph flying, potentially weaponized death dealers that conspiracy theorists warned me about.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

That was going to be one of those deals where, if Elliott stays out, most of the leaders pit. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

That is probably true though I think the clean air still would have given him a shot at the win, especially if a couple other guys stayed out with him.

All I know is that I had a bet on Kes at +1200 so I'll take it. I also had one on Bowman at +2100 that I was really hoping was going to come through but I'll take any win I can get.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

I'm surprised they are bothering with the All Star race. Seems silly to waste time on a non-points race when who knows what'll happen in the future. Aren't people still predicting an uptick and possibly another quarantine situation this fall?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Ungratek posted:

Pocono is good in person and dreadful on tv. Especially with stages now turning it into a road race strategy wise.

I wish stages would go away. It’s pretty much eliminated green flag pit stops.

We've had some decent Pocono races in recent history haven't we? Or am I just thinking of all the rain shortened ones that end at like the 350 mile mark and everybody is going for it?

I agree with getting rid of stages. It has all but taken pit strategy out of it. Every stage, if it runs full green, is basically a 1 stop run on either fuel, tires or both. So every team basically goes to the halfway point, or the second the pit window opens, and pits. The only strategy is what the 2 car usually does, run until they can't anymore hoping for a caution. When you know there is a caution coming in 40 laps it just makes everything so much easier.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

Also drat at bubba. Dudes eyes rolled the gently caress back while she was frantically asking if he was okay
He was rambling and looking so completely out of it during his first answer I couldn't believe she went in for the follow up question.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

"the black lives matter chevrolet"

poo poo that owns.

It was cool to hear Bubba follow that up with, drat it feels good to say that.

I know it was a short track but it seemed like there was a lot of parity in this race. We saw a lot of good cars struggle and got to see cars like Bubba and Lajoie, McDowell, Reddick, Buecsher all have pretty good finishes comparatively to how they would run on a mile and a half track.

I haven't looked at any kind of stats to back it up but I feel like the parity this year overall has been better. We've seen the 34, 38, 17, 95 etc. etc, have good runs here and there where 5 or so years ago back marker cars like that would sniff a good run like once a season. Maybe the TV broadcast has just been doing a better job of highlighting these cars when they do have a good run so I'm brainwashed into thinking there is parity? Whatever the reason I'm glad to be made aware when those guys are doing well and make a point of following them on the ticker for the whole race rather than chalking them up to also rans that had 1 good segment during a race.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

Disagree, there have been actual passes for the lead.

I'm a few days late to this but I thought it was one of the more interesting races at the front in a while. It seemed that there were really 4 cars that had a shot at it for the most part between the 8, 9, 11, and 12.

I was starting to think this last week, but since he had a good run again is it possible Tyler Reddick might be the real deal? It seems RCR as a whole is a little bit better this year than previous years but at the beginning of the season if I were to chose 1 driver between Cole Custer in SHR equipment and Tyler Reddick in RCR equipment to have a better season, and I know it's early still, I don't think I would've picked Reddick. Reddick is 17th in points, 2 behind Austin Dillon for 16th, and he's nearly 100 points ahead of Custer. To this point even Ryan Newman has 10 more points than Custer and he's missed 3 races.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

^^^What a freaking psycho.

Pinecone Sample posted:

do any of you do legal NASCAR gambling? if so, with whom?

I do some DraftKings stuff, for like no money just for fun. I put in a couple $0.25 lineups a week. I'm not exactly sure how legal DraftKings is state to state though. I lose or break even for the most part though last week I cleaned up, won $1.50 on 1 $0.25 lineup. Rolling in it.

I did a little betting on the 500 through My Bookie but, again, I'm not sure how legal that is stateside as they payout mostly in bitcoin and if you don't take bitcoin I think you have to pay a fee to get paid out, or maybe there is a minimum payout if you aren't getting it in bitcoin. I don't know since I've not won any significant money on that site and mostly just take any winnings and leave them to cover future losses. Single driver bets usually have pretty good odds like the highest favorites for any one race are like +400 - +600 and you can bet as little as $1.00.

I like betting but I like being able to make a lot of bets so for me I'd rather only have like $20 laid out on any particular weekend but it's across like 20 different bets. For the amount of times the bets don't come in it sure makes it a lot easier to swallow that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

I mean, hes not wrong. Just look at the races this year. Two races in 3 days and a poo poo ton of guys had not just different sponsors, but entirely different color cars.

poo poo sucks.

Aside from it basically being impossible to have a single sponsor season now, I know the marketing guys think, more sponsors, more diecasts, shirts, hats, etc that people will buy because people will want the whole set but it has had the opposite effect on me. I just gave up on buying hats and shirts because the fronts of them are whatever the sponsor is and the name or number is hidden somewhere on the back or the side. Like I don't give a gently caress about Monster Energy but I would buy a black hat with a #1 on it with a small Monster logo tucked onto the side or the back. I don't even know what Axalta is and I'm supposed to wear a billboard for it because Bowman's name is hidden somewhere on it, or little 88 is on the back? I just gave up. I'm wearing the couple racing hats I have left until they are completely destroyed and that is probably it. At least stick and ball sports teams have the team logo on the front and not the title sponsor of the arena.