Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

gently caress moving the firecracker. It is heresy.

Although it's slightly less likely to rain in August I guess, wouldn't be a problem if they just did it in the morning like God and Dale intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Afternoon storms you can set your watch to, the primary culprit they blamed, can still happen in August, albeit they're a bit less likely.

The bigger problem is it's in the prime of hurricane season and Hurricane Dorian hit the week after the 400's new date last year.
Ask me about the time I worked a 30 hour shift because NASCAR tried to have a race at 4:30 in July.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Norns posted:

You idiots should watch all the races and also discuss them in discord.
I'm going to be at the Daytona 500 and I can't even guarantee I'm going to watch that one.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

When was this? I can't remember a 4:30 start since I've been watching (1997)/attending (2003).
Firecracker maybe 5 years ago? They moved the start time later for TV and then didn't actually get the race started until like midnight.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

I know the race was moved to Sunday in 2015 in part because it was NBC's first race back but they wanted to show the NYC July 4th fireworks on Saturday. Had the race run Saturday night, it would've started on time and run to completion without delay.

Going off memory (since I've been going), backed up by checking YT:
-2003: started on time
-2004-05: extended rain delays
-2006-09: on time (2007 NXS race PPD to Saturday morning)
-2010: short rain delay
-2011-13: on time
-2014: postponed to Sunday, rain-shortened
-2015: extended rain delay (moved to Sunday night by NBC, Saturday night race would've been on time)
-2016-18: on time (2017 NXS race started Friday, completed Saturday afternoon (e- after a rain delay Sat), followed almost immediately by Cup; that might be the one you're thinking of)
-2019: postponed to Sunday, rain-shortened
It's the 2015 one I was thinking of, just forgot the details. I showed up to work at 04:30 and didn't leave until like noon the next day.

ISC is not a great employer lol.