Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

Tinker.txt

FYI the "separation physical" isn't a physical. The flight doc will ask you to list all the things you've made appointments for in your career. He may or may not write anything down. This is your one and only chance to list every loving bump and bruise you've gotten, because unless that clinic has improved over the years, they don't document a loving thing.

im probably very late with this but I would like to emphasize this because the epic final physical i got as an enlisted ground guy, they just skipped the hearing test even though i specifically mentioned I've noticed hearing loss lol. i was too happy to be getting out at the time but 5 years later its uh, noticeable. too much time at the smoke pit 500 feet from engine runs, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wild T posted:

My hearing is hosed thanks to too much time around the Army and them loving to fire weapons without giving out earpro. It's not complete hearing loss, but if there's any background noise (a running sink, motor noise, low music, etc) I can hear folks speak but can't pick out the actual words. I compare it to the adults talking in Peanuts, I can hear a voice and know it's speech but all I get is whomp whompwhomp whomp. Of course the last hearing test I got downtown swore up and down that my hearing was perfect, so that's another one I'll have to fight.

its pretty much exactly what I have, yeah. i just tell people I have tinnitus even though it's technically not correct because explaining that everything feels like its the same volume makes me sound crazy