Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Make sure you complete your AF Form 4392 if you are under age 26 before deploying to Ira.....q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

djfooboo posted:

Your augies get M9’s! When I did it I got a loving musket M-16.

They just gave us a second chance vest, no gun whatsoever, and told us to yell loudly enough for a Security Forces guy to hear if we needed help.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Prop Wash posted:

Was it WeWork where a door got stuck from the inside and an entire office just didn’t get in or do any work for an entire week? I think a lot about what would happen if every HQ and wing staff in the Air Force was locked out of their building for a week.

I'd be able to do my job without a million bullshit emails from the wing Top 3 (located at a base almost 900 miles away)?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Godholio posted:

But so did Welsh, soooooo

Welsh was heartbreaking. I was in USAFE during his time as the commander, and he was legit rock solid. I still don't know what the hell happened when he switched into CSAF mode and became a company man.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Kranrev posted:

Anybody else completely screwed by this plague situation? I was supposed to outprocess for PCS this week. Instead I'm stuck in an AirBnB while pulling shifts doing viral nasal swabs in the pandemic tent with lovely PPE.

I sold my house, shipped my HHG, bought a new house at my gaining location and my wife already moved there. Now I get to pay a mortgage and rent, while sitting alone in a room with a laptop waiting for the inevitable fever to come.

Your gaining and losing squadron commanders can absolutely get an exception to policy pushed through, if they choose to. They're obviously choosing not to.

Within the next two weeks, my shop is getting an inbound troop who got the ETP. He was in the process of buying a house at his gaining location when the stop movement order was issued. He hadn't closed on the new house or shipped his HHG. Nevertheless, both commanders agreed to concur with the ETP request because they're not dicks, and because that would be a real financial burden for the guy trying to PCS.

tl;dr - If your commander wanted you to get the ETP, it would happen.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

When you're good at your job, you get to do other people's jobs, too.

The oldest and proudest Air Force tradition.

Have fun with thesaurus.com

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Meanwhile, in the Security Engineer's office:

"God loving drat it"

I tried so hard to answer every single question wrong on the old IA CBT, but I got distracted and accidentally got one right. Very disappointing.

Still got my annual credit for completing the training, but it also gave me a slide sternly reminding me to learn from the experience.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I'm not sure if it works for separation, but there's a way to get your stuff packed and shipped via DPS without orders. A Letter in Lieu of Orders. I've seen it done for normal PCS moves when airmen are pushing up on their RNLD without orders.

The member gets their CC to sign off on an MFR indicating that they've been selected to PCS (hopefully applicable to separation as well) and uploads that MFR to DPS instead of entering an order number.

The big thing to be careful of is that, if an airman uses a Letter in Lieu of Orders and then the PCS is subsequently cancelled, the member will be financially responsible for the cost of shipment if the HHG have already been sent out the door.

In your case, it's not like your separation can really be cancelled, so that might be a viable option for you.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

nullscan posted:

Reviving this dumb thread to bitch about having physically moved from an Intel support squadron to a numbered air force staff position in June, but AFPC cant be assed to push the button that'll make it official still. So loving stupid, and now the rear end clowns at my old unit who still haven't signed my pcs medal, or my humanitarian medal for feeding our covid people, will be in charge of my epr. Maybe I'll get to sign it in May again (Totally a TSgt still).

2 more years man. 2 more years.

Hey dude, remember me?

Remember how I PCS'd out of the Intel Support Squadron fully 20 months ago?

Guess who just got his PCS medal two weeks ago?

Edit: I loved Korea, but man, that unit did its level best to make Korea a terrible place to be. Always cracked me up when people would stand up at the last commander's call before they left and talk about how much it felt like family. Only way it would ever feel like family is if my irl family was a bunch of wretched adulterous alcoholic cradle robbing failures.

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 6, 2020

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Yes, that's exactly it. I was a security manager for years and I processed probably a hundred of those. You were previously read in to a certain level of access, and now that access is revoked. It doesn't affect your clearance, just indicates that you have been briefed that you are no longer authorized to access (or talk about) whatever classified materiel you were previously exposed to. Standard for PCS or separation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

At minimum manning, the Airmen might be tempted to make their own decisions. They might even go outside and mingle merrily with other people.

Only by keeping everyone at work, all the time, can the commander protect the troops.