Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: The Young Bucks & Colt Cabana vs Matt Hardy & Private Party, Dynamite

I'm probably going to nominate everything tonight and I don't give a gently caress

This but MOTYC largely for the finish and some of the stuff Colt did.

Dango Bango posted:

MOTYC: Evil Uno/Stu Grayson/Lance Archer vs. Butcher/Blade/Eddie Kingston - AEW Dynamite 12/30

I'm probably overrating. But this match was loving awesome

MOTYC: Eddie Kingston, The Butcher & The Blade vs Lance Archer, Evil Uno & Stu Grayson

NienNunb posted:

MOTY: Beaver Boys/Hangman vs. MJF/Santana/Ortiz

Dango Bango posted:

MOTYC: Anna Jay/Tay Conti vs. Britt Baker/Penelope Ford - AEW Dynamite 12/30

Best women's match in AEW history not involving a Joshi.

HM: The Exalted One's Chosen vs. Team Taz

i told you

And MOTYC for this one too. I’m overrating the matches tonight if it was just based on match quality but it’s not, it’s a performance art and more goes into the performances than the technical components. I watched this show with my partner and my 12 year old and tonight was a perfect tribute to a man who was by all accounts wonderful.

Not just the wrestlers, but the refs and the commentators also did a great job through very trying circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

HM: The Exalted One's Chosen vs. Team Taz

i told you

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Lance Archer, Evil Uno & Stu vs. Butcher, Blade and Eddie Kingston, AEW Dynamite 12/30

NienNunb posted:

MOTYC: Beaver Boys/Hangman vs. MJF/Santana/Ortiz

I'm probably going to nominate everything tonight and I don't give a gently caress

NTH on these.

Dango Bango posted:

MOTYC: Anna Jay/Tay Conti vs. Britt Baker/Penelope Ford - AEW Dynamite 12/30

Best women's match in AEW history not involving a Joshi.

I'll go HM for this. Very good match though.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'll second this for MOTYC, wild ending.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

With that, NOAH as a promotion moves into 4th equal place on the MOTYC list alongside NXT, behind only New Japan, AEW and TJPW (whose 7 MOTYCs all come from the same show!).

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Lance Archer, Evil Uno & Stu vs. Butcher, Blade and Eddie Kingston, AEW Dynamite 12/30

NienNunb posted:

MOTY: Beaver Boys/Hangman vs. MJF/Santana/Ortiz

nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Giulia & Maika vs. Himeka & Syuri, Stardom 11/8

Your official insomniac match of the night. A really good, fast paced intra-faction match.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Nobody watched Gatoh Move/ChocoPro tonight, but you should check out the VOD because

MOTYC: Mei Suruga & Baliyan Akki vs Emi Sakura & Kaori Yoneyama (C) for the Asia Dream Tag Team Championship - Gatoh Move/ChocoPro LIVE #76, 12/31 (local time)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Cult Cabana & Young Bucks vs Hardy Party
MOTYC: Uno & Grayson & Archer vs Kingston-Gun
MOTYC: The Good the Bad and the Hungiee vs. Inner Circle
HM: TayJay vs Britt Baker & Penelope Ford
HM: Cody & OC & 10 vs Team Taz

All from AEW Dynamite 30.12. I'm not crying, you're crying.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Lance Archer/Evil Uno/Stu Grayson vs. Eddie Kingston/The Butcher and the Blade, AEW Dynamite, 30/12
MOTYC: Hangman Page/Alex Reynolds/John Silver vs. MJF/Santana/Ortiz, AEW Dynamite, 30/12
HM: Anna Jay/Tay Conti vs. Britt Baker/Penelope Ford, AEW Dynamite, 30/12
HM: Cody Rhodes/Orange Cassidy/10 vs. Team Taz, AEW Dynamite, 30/12

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

HM: Lance Archer/Evil Uno/Stu Grayson vs. Eddie Kingston/The Butcher and the Blade, AEW Dynamite, 30/12
MOTYC: Hangman Page/Alex Reynolds/John Silver vs. MJF/Santana/Ortiz, AEW Dynamite, 30/12

:same:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

On a given day this series swaps places with Go/Nakajima for my MOTY, every time I watch it i'm amazed. On a random Road To show in the leadup to DDT's biggest event of the year, these six went out there and made magic.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Neodoomium posted:

Nobody watched Gatoh Move/ChocoPro tonight, but you should check out the VOD because

MOTYC: Mei Suruga & Baliyan Akki vs Emi Sakura & Kaori Yoneyama (C) for the Asia Dream Tag Team Championship - Gatoh Move/ChocoPro LIVE #76, 12/31 (local time)

Nth.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

(ALMOST) Matches of the Year:
08/15 | Emi Sakura vs. Hanako Nakamori - Gatoh Move/ChocoPro Live (4 votes)

Neodoomium posted:

Nthed for both

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

MOTYC: Lance Archer/Evil Uno/Stu Grayson vs. Eddie Kingston/The Butcher and the Blade, AEW Dynamite, 30/12

The energy and speed of the Dark Order/Kingston match was great. That’s the match of the night for me because it felt most like the work was an homage to what Brodie Lee did best.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MOTY Silver/Reynolds/Page v PnP/MJF Dynamite 30 December 2020

GOAT wrestling segment
8 stars

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: AZM & Momo Watanabe vs. Giulia & Maika, Stardom 11/8

pretty good finals to their tag tournament

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

So I went and quickly looked up some matches that you should watch & have free links to them so hey, perfect time to catch. What else are you doing between today & the 4th? Just from the Almost MOTYC list because uhhh, I want to sleep at some point tonight, gotta be up in 8 hours for the DDT/Big Japan show!

01/26 | HARASHIMA (c) vs. Masato Tanaka for the KO-D Openweight Championship - DDT Sweet Dreams (4 votes)
02/08 | Mayu Iwatani vs. Takumi Iroha - Stardom The Way to Major League 2020 (4 votes)
02/24 | Kagetsu vs. Meiko Satomura - ~many face~ (5 votes)
03/07 | Jamie Hayter and Bea Priestley (C) vs. Momo Watanabe and Utami Hayashishita for the Goddesses of STARDOM titles - STARDOM No People Gate (4 votes) (Skip to 70 minutes in)
06/20 | #DAMNHEARTS (Tetsuya Endo, T-Hawk & El Lindaman) (c) vs. Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi, Kazusada Higuchi & Saki Akai) for the KO-D 6 Man Championship - DDT (4 votes) Skip to 120 minutes in
07/05 | Yuji Okabayashi vs. Ayato Yoshida for the 2AW Openweight Title - 2AW Launching Business 1st Anniversary Grand Slam (5 votes)
08/04 | Katsuhiko Nakajima (C) vs Kenoh for the GHC National Championship - NOAH Departure 2020 Night 1 (6 MOTY votes)
08/31 | Toru Sugiura (C) vs. Jun Kasai for the KING OF FREEDOM Championship in a BEAUTIFUL MURDER Deathmatch - FREEDOMS Tokyo Deathmatch Carnival Vol. 2 (6 votes) (A Facebook video is the best I can find, sorry)
10/25 | Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi & Saki Akai) vs. DISASTER BOX (Yuki Ueno, Naomi Yoshimura & Kazuki Hirata) - DDT Road to Ultimate Party (4 votes)
10/25 | Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs. Nautilus (Yuki Ueno & Naomi Yoshimura) - DDT Road to Ultimate Party (4 votes)
Skip to 120 minutes to watch these 2 matches one after the other, it loving rules.
11/03 | Jun Akiyama vs. Konosuke Takeshita - DDT Ultimate Party (6 votes)
11/03 | Tetsuya Endo vs. Daisuke Sasaki - DDT Ultimate Party (6 votes)
12/20 | RED vs. Toryumon Generation in a No DQ Elimination Losing Unit Disbands Match - Dragon Gate Final Gate (4 votes)
12/20 | Utami Hayashishta (C) vs. Momo Watanabe for the World of Stardom Title - Stardom Osaka Dream Cinderella (5 votes) Skip to 152 minutes.

If I could convince you to watch just 5 of them, Iwatani vs Iroha, #DAMNHEARTS vs Eruption, Okabayashi vs Yoshida, & RED vs Toryumon are the 4. That Okabayashi vs Yoshida match is so forgotten & it sucks because it was one of the absolute highlights of the no-crowd/early silent crowd era.

Just quoting this to make sure people see it. Forkboy's really knowledgeable about Japan outside of NJPW, which a lot of us need help with.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Can't overstate enough that those DDT matches are not comedy matches and they are exceptionally good.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

I'll give this a MOTYC nod.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Thanlis posted:

MOTYC: Lance Archer/Evil Uno/Stu Grayson vs. Eddie Kingston/The Butcher and the Blade, AEW Dynamite, 30/12

The energy and speed of the Dark Order/Kingston match was great. That’s the match of the night for me because it felt most like the work was an homage to what Brodie Lee did best.

I think this is where I'm landing on it with an HM for The Young Bucks/Colt Cabana vs. Hardy Party

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Pylons posted:

I think this is where I'm landing on it with an HM for The Young Bucks/Colt Cabana vs. Hardy Party

Oh crap I missed that one! Nth the HM there. Cabana’s athleticism is always a pleasure for me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Oni ni Kanabo (Yoshiko & Sareee) vs. Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto) (c) for the SEAdLINNNG Beyond the SEA Tag Team Championship - SEAdLINNNG Shinkiba Night (11.27)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opTXd541ZuU&t=3042s

I was lucky enough to be in attendance for this. Yoshiko & Sareee work together like a team that have been together for many, many years and Best Friends are one of the best tag teams in the world. One thing I'm glad for in 2020 is that Sareee is still in Japan and not doing NXT shows yet.

2nd this. Fantastic stuff. Looking forward to the final SEAdLINNNG tag title match of the year getting made available when ever because isn't that Nanae's first match back in 11 months?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
27th December
DDT D-OU Grand Prix Finals
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Saki Akai & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Junretsu (Makoto Oishi & Mizuki Watase) & Tomomitsu Matsunaga

Not the best Eruption match but their base level is so high

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

2nd this. Fantastic stuff. Looking forward to the final SEAdLINNNG tag title match of the year getting made available when ever because isn't that Nanae's first match back in 11 months?

It aired live!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It aired live!

Huh. Guess I'd better track that down then

HM
27th December
Chris Brookes, HARASHIMA, Keigo Nakamura & Shinya Aoki vs. DAMNATION (Mad Paulie, Soma Takao, Tetsuya Endo & Yuji Hino)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Nagisa Nozaki (c) vs Sakura Hirota for the Regina Di WAVE - WAVE THANKSGIVINGWAVE 2020 (12.27)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVFY6MIE_fE

In which Hirota shows the secret to being a really good comedy wrestler is that you have to be a really good regular wrestler underneath the gimmick. Nozaki has come into her own this year as the one person holding WAVE together and this match plays into her strengths being almost entirely matwork and trading submissions

MOTYC: Boss to MAMMY (Mio Momono & Yumi Ohka) (c) vs. Sutodama (Sareee & Hibiki) for the Dual Shock WAVE - WAVE THANKSGIVINGWAVE 2020 (12.27)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOfIXYRWyaA

I've really missed seeing Mio wrestle and I'm really going to miss seeing Sareee wrestle. Everyone does great here but the Mio vs Sareee parts are the highlights. Mio may look slightly ridiculous but she gets making it look like she is trying to win a wrestling match more than most wrestlers I've seen.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Brought in the New Year doing what I do best, watching wrestling and drinking whisky. At least this year it doesn't feel quite as lame because nobody is out celebrating, not just me finding it lame.

MOTYC
27th December
Jun Akiyama vs Konosuke Takeshita

Last great match of 2020? Probably. And to think that if not for Coronavirus Uncle Jun would have gone to NXT as a trainer and instead he's working with DDT's youngsters in the Dojo AND in the ring and helping make them better. The only positive to come from this horrendous pandemic

https://twitter.com/RealHero12089/status/1343223360281583618?s=20

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 1, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

Huh. Guess I'd better track that down then

HM
27th December
Chris Brookes, HARASHIMA, Keigo Nakamura & Shinya Aoki vs. DAMNATION (Mad Paulie, Soma Takao, Tetsuya Endo & Yuji Hino)

Nth, this was incredibly good fun.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Euforia vs. Stuka Jr., CMLL, aired 12/17 on New Japan World but who knows when they actually taped it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
26th December
Stardom Year End Climax
Donna del Mondo (Giulia, Maika & Syuri) vs Cosmic Angels (Mina Shirakawa, Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka)

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MOTYC: Calvin Tankman vs Lee Moriarty, GCW Good Riddance, 12/31/20

Seek this out. Incredible contest by two guys who definitely were the break out stars of 2020.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Boss to MAMMY (Mio Momono & Yumi Ohka) (c) vs. Sutodama (Sareee & Hibiki) for the Dual Shock WAVE - WAVE THANKSGIVINGWAVE 2020 (12.27)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOfIXYRWyaA

I've really missed seeing Mio wrestle and I'm really going to miss seeing Sareee wrestle. Everyone does great here but the Mio vs Sareee parts are the highlights. Mio may look slightly ridiculous but she gets making it look like she is trying to win a wrestling match more than most wrestlers I've seen.

I would like the nth the poo poo out of this: really good match that you all should watch.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Oni ni Kanabo (Yoshiko & Sareee) vs. Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto) (c) for the SEAdLINNNG Beyond the SEA Tag Team Championship - SEAdLINNNG Shinkiba Night (11.27)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opTXd541ZuU&t=3042s

I was lucky enough to be in attendance for this. Yoshiko & Sareee work together like a team that have been together for many, many years and Best Friends are one of the best tag teams in the world. One thing I'm glad for in 2020 is that Sareee is still in Japan and not doing NXT shows yet.

I would also like to nth this

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

Brought in the New Year doing what I do best, watching wrestling and drinking whisky. At least this year it doesn't feel quite as lame because nobody is out celebrating, not just me finding it lame.

MOTYC
27th December
Jun Akiyama vs Konosuke Takeshita

Last great match of 2020? Probably. And to think that if not for Coronavirus Uncle Jun would have gone to NXT as a trainer and instead he's working with DDT's youngsters in the Dojo AND in the ring and helping make them better. The only positive to come from this horrendous pandemic

https://twitter.com/RealHero12089/status/1343223360281583618?s=20

Nth

I've never watched Akiyama before. He has a vicious streak.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
20th December
Big Japan Death Mania VII
#STRONGHEARTS (CIMA, El Lindaman & T-Hawk) vs Kosuke Sato, Kota Sekifuda & Yuya Aoki

MOTYC
20th December
Big Japan Death Mania VII
BJW Tag Team Titles
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Twin Towers (Kohei Sato & Shuji Ishikawa)

This match comes with a content warning. One of those matches where everyone involved seems to have forgotten wrestling is a work. They slap and chap and elbow and kick the piss out of each other and that's par for the course really. But there are also sickening headbutts galore. Shuji Ishikawa has apparently taken the criticism of his booking and decided he wants to turn his brain into mush and will take these young shits with him. You do not want to be headbutted by Ishikawa.

That warning aside, if you like loving nasty stiff wrestling, some great grappling exchanges and a classic story of the young punks against 2 pissed off old dudes there is A LOT to like here. It's also well under 20 minutes long so super worth your time.

https://youtu.be/z_aKW5mNar0

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 2, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
20th December
Big Japan Death Mania
BJW Death Match Heavyweight Title
Minoru Fujita vs Yuko Miyamoto

Death matches aren't for everyone but if you like watching bamboo sticks being embedded in skulls and barbwire wrapped around ropes and a backpack full of sea urchin and a rolling cradle through thumb tacks then you'll get a kick out of this.

Bit long though

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 2, 2021

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Where do we put the 2021s

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

I've already got 5 matches ready to post in a txt file whenever J-Ru opens up the new thread. Wrestling is good. Especially in the first week of January.

2nd'd even as it doesn't need it.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 3, 2021

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

forkboy84 posted:

I've already got 5 matches ready to post in a txt file whenever J-Ru opens up the new thread. Wrestling is good. Especially in the first week of January.

2nd'd even as it doesn't need it.

I have three from Gatoh Move alone

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Neodoomium posted:

You can post them in here, I'll keep track of them until I put up the new thread on January 4th.

Also, a reminder:

Jerusalem posted:

Similar to last year, I'm gonna leave this thread open for a few days into January before putting the 2021 thread up, probably the same day as Night 1 of Wrestle Kingdom. Any nominations you make for 2021 matches in this thread before then I'll count in the next one, but you can also use this time to, if you wish, check out some of the matches that didn't quite make the threshold for inclusion on their respective lists for 2020:

01/04 | Yuka Sakazaki (C) vs. Miyu Yamashita for the Princess of Princess Championship - TJPW Tokyo Joshi Pro '20 (4 votes)
01/05 | Kota Ibushi vs. Switchblade Jay White - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2 (5 votes)
01/12 | Gallus (C) vs. Imperium vs. Grizzled Young Vets vs. Andrews/Morgan for the NXT UK Tag Team Titles - NXT UK Takeover Blackpool (5 votes)
01/24 | Chris Dickinson vs. David Starr - GCW Just Being Honest (4 votes)
01/26 | HARASHIMA (c) vs. Masato Tanaka for the KO-D Openweight Championship - DDT Sweet Dreams (4 votes)
02/01 | Tomohiro Ishii vs. EVIL - NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo (5 votes)
02/08 | Mayu Iwatani vs. Takumi Iroha - Stardom The Way to Major League 2020 (4 votes)
02/16 | The Undisputed Era (C) vs. The Brozerweights for the NXT Tag Team Titles - NXT Takeover Portland (5 votes)
02/16 | Adam Cole (C) vs. Tommaso Ciampa for the NXT Men's Championship - NXT Takeover Portland (6 votes)
02/24 | Kagetsu vs. Meiko Satomura - ~many face~ (5 votes)
02/24 | Mayumi Ozaki (C) & Saori Anou w/POLICE vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto & Aja Kong w/Yoshiko for the Blast Queen Championship in a Plasma Blast Deathmatch - Zero-1 Super Fireworks (4 votes)
02/27 | Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Ricochet for the WWE Championship - WWE Blood Money Show in Saudi Arabia (6 votes)
03/07 | Jamie Hayter and Bea Priestley (C) vs. Momo Watanabe and Utami Hayashishita for the Goddesses of STARDOM titles - STARDOM No People Gate (4 votes)
03/20 | Joey Janela vs. Jimmy Lloyd in a Social Distancing Match - GCW Acid Cup 2 Night 2 (5 votes)
04/14 | The Under the Limit Battle Royale - Being the Elite Episode 199 Part 2 (4 votes)
06/14 | Go Shiozaki (C) vs. Akitoshi Saito for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH GO FORWARD (4 votes)
06/14 | Randy Orton vs. Edge in a The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever match - WWE Backlash (5 votes)
06/20 | #DAMNHEARTS (Tetsuya Endo, T-Hawk & El Lindaman) (c) vs. Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi, Kazusada Higuchi & Saki Akai) for the KO-D 6 Man Championship - DDT (4 votes)
06/22 | Taichi vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 3 (6 votes)
07/02 | SANADA vs. Taichi - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 7 (4 votes)
07/05 | Yuji Okabayashi vs. Ayato Yoshida for the 2AW Openweight Title - 2AW Launching Business 1st Anniversary Grand Slam (5 votes)
07/15 | The Elite vs. Jurassic Express - AEW Dynamite Fight for the Fallen (5 votes)
07/25 | EVIL (C) vs. Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships - NJPW Sengoku Lord (5 votes)
07/27 | Alex Colon vs. Zach Wentz - GCW Homecoming (5 votes)
08/04 | Katsuhiko Nakajima (C) vs Kenoh for the GHC National Championship - NOAH Departure 2020 Night 1 (6 MOTY votes)
08/15 | Emi Sakura vs. Hanako Nakamori - Gatoh Move/ChocoPro Live (4 votes)
08/31 | Toru Sugiura (C) vs. Jun Kasai for the KING OF FREEDOM Championship in a BEAUTIFUL MURDER Deathmatch - FREEDOMS Tokyo Deathmatch Carnival Vol. 2 (6 votes)
09/05 | Dr. Britt Baker vs. Big Swole in a Tooth & Nail Match - AEW All Out (5 votes)
09/05 | The Young Bucks vs. Jurassic Express - AEW All Out (5 votes)
09/20 | Juice Robinson vs. YOSHI-HASHI - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 2 (4 votes)
09/20 | EVIL vs. Zack Sabre Jr - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 2 (6 votes)
10/01 | SANADA vs. Tetsuya Naito - NJPW G1 Climax Night 8 (6 votes)
10/05 | Switchblade Jay White vs. Jeff Cobb - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 9 (6 votes)
10/05 | Minoru Suzuki vs. Kazuchika Okada - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 9 (4 votes)
10/05 | Will Ospreay vs. Kota Ibushi - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 9 (5 votes)
10/06 | Hirooki Goto vs. Toru Yano - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 10 (6 votes)
10/06 | SANADA vs. Zack Sabre Jr. - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 10 (5 votes)
10/06 | Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. KENTA - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 10 (6 votes)
10/10 | Jay White vs. Yujiro Takahashi - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 13 (5 votes)
10/10 | Lee Moriarty vs. Jonathan Gresham - Joey Janela's Spring Break Part 4 (4 votes)
10/10 | Alex Shelly vs. Tony Deppen - Joey Janela's Spring Break Part 4 (4 votes)
10/10 | ACH vs. Lio Rush - Joey Janela's Spring Break Part 4 (6 votes)
10/11 | Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Hirooki Goto - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 14 (5 votes)
10/11 | Jon Moxley vs. Chris Dickinson - Josh Barnett's Bloodsport (6 votes)
10/14 | Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. SANADA - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 16 (6 votes)
10/25 | Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi & Saki Akai) vs. DISASTER BOX (Yuki Ueno, Naomi Yoshimura & Kazuki Hirata) - DDT Road to Ultimate Party (4 votes)
10/25 | Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs. Nautilus (Yuki Ueno & Naomi Yoshimura) - DDT Road to Ultimate Party (4 votes)
11/03 | Jun Akiyama vs. Konosuke Takeshita - DDT Ultimate Party (6 votes)
11/03 | Tetsuya Endo vs. Daisuke Sasaki - DDT Ultimate Party (6 votes)
11/03 | Kaito Ishida vs. Keisuke Okuda - Dragon Gate: Gate of Destiny (4 votes)
11/07 | Hikari Noa vs. Mirai Maiumi in the International Princess Championship Tournament Semi-Final - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS (5 votes)
11/07 | Shoko Nakajima vs. Yuki Kamifuku in the International Princess Championship Tournament Semi-Final - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS (5 votes)
11/07 | Hikari Noa vs. Yuki Kamifuki - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS (6 votes)
11/07 | Matt Hardy vs. Sammy Guevara in the Elite Deletion - AEW Full Gear (6 votes)
11/20 | Robbie Eagles vs. SHO - NJPW Best of Super Juniors (6 votes)
11/20 | Hyper Misao vs. Super Sasadango Machine - TJPW Style of my Love (4 votes)
11/22 | Sugiuragun (Kazushi Sakuraba & Takashi Sugiura) vs. M's Alliance (Masakatsu Funaki & Naomichi Marufuji) for the GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Titles - NOAH the Chronicle Vol. 4 (4 Votes)
12/05 | Hiromu Takahashi vs. Ryusuke Taguchi - NJPW Best of Super Juniors (6 votes)
12/06 | Taiji Ishimori vs. SHO - NJPW World Tag League/Best of the Super Juniors (5 votes)
12/06 | Dangerous Tekkers vs. Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano - NJPW World Tag League/Best of the Super Juniors (6 votes)
12/06 | FinnJuice vs. YOSHI-HASHI & Hirooki Goto - NJPW World Tag League/Best of the Super Juniors (5 votes)
12/12 | Suzume and Neko Haruna vs. Sakisama and Mei Saint Michel - TJPW Wrestling of my Mind (6 votes)
12/20 | RED vs. Toryumon Generation in a No DQ Elimination Losing Unit Disbands Match - Dragon Gate Final Gate (4 votes)
12/20 | Utami Hayashishta (C) vs. Momo Watanabe for the World of Stardom Title - Stardom Osaka Dream Cinderella (5 votes)

(ALMOST) Worst Matches of the Year:

01/04 | SHLAK vs. Necro Butcher - ICW No Holds Barred (3 votes)
01/15 | Hikaru Shida & Kris Statlander vs. Brandi Rhodes & Mel - AEW Dynamite (4 votes)
01/26 | Women's Royal Rumble Match - WWE Royal Rumble (3 votes)
03/19 | Allie Kat vs Atticus Cogar - GCW Acid Cup Night 1 (4 votes)
03/22 | Aleister Black vs. AJ Styles in a No-DQ Match - WWE Elimination Chamber (3 votes)
06/14 | Randy Orton vs. Edge in a The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever match - WWE Backlash (3 votes)
07/14 | The Nightmare Sisters vs. Diamante & Rache Chanel - AEW Dark (3 votes)
09/27 | Drew McIntyre (C) vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Championship - WWE Clash of Champions (4 votes)
11/07 | Matt Hardy vs. Sammy Guevara in the Elite Deletion - AEW Full Gear (4 votes)
11/22 | Raw Women's Team vs. Smackdown Women's Team in a Survivor Series match - WWE Survivor Serie (4 votes)
12/20 | The Fiend Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton in an Inferno Match - WWE TLC (3 votes)

(ALMOST) Honorable Mentions:

01/01 | Caristico & Mistico vs. Cuatrero & Forastero - CMLL Sie Piedad (4 votes)
01/02 | Mayu Iwatani/Starlight Kid vs. Kagetsu/AZM - Stardom (4 votes)
01/04 | Maki Itoh vs. Hikari Noa - TJPW Tokyo Joshi Pro '20 (4 votes)
01/04 | HAYATA vs Yoshinari Ogawa for the GHC Jr Heavyweight Title - Pro Wrestling NOAH New Sunrise (4 votes)
01/05 | Liger Retirement Match 2 - Jushin Thunder Liger & Naoki Sano vs. Hiromu Takahashi & Ryu Lee - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 2 (4 votes)
01/08 | Kenny Omega/Hangman Page vs. Private Party, AEW Dynamite - AEW Dynamite (5 votes)
01/08 | Jurassic Express vs. Best Friends - AEW Dynamite (6 votes)
01/18 | Kylie Rae vs WARHORSE - Black Label Pro Nobody Puts BLP In The Corner (4 votes)
01/19 | Caristico (C) vs. Barbaro Cavernario for the NWA World Historic Middleweight Title - NJPW Fantasticamania (5 votes)
01/21 | Jurassic Express vs. Strong Hearts - AEW Dark (6 votes)
01/22 | Jon Moxley vs. PAC - AEW Dynamite (6 votes)
01/25 | Finn Bálor vs. Ilja Dragunov - NXT Worlds Collide (5 votes)
01/26 | Nautilus (Naomi Yoshimura & Yuki Ueno) (c) vs. Yuki Iino & Chihiro Hashimoto for the KO-D Tag Team Championship - DDT Sweet Dreams (4 votes)
02/15 | Takashi Sasaki vs. Alex Colon - GCW Run Rickey Run (5 votes)
02/15 | Mance Warner vs. Allie Kat - GCW Run Rickey Run (5 votes)
02/16 | Keith Lee (C) vs. Dominik Dijakovic for the NXT North American Championship - NXT Takeover Portland (5 votes)
03/11 | Death Triangle vs. Private Party/Joey Janela - AEW Dynamite (6 votes)
03/19 | Blake Christian vs. Benjamin Carter - GCW Acid Cup Night 1 (6 votes)
04/01 | Shawn Spears & Sammy Guevara vs. Darby Allin & Cody - AEW Dynamite (5 votes)
04/06 | The Young Bucks vs. Team High Risk - Being The Elite (5 votes)
04/25 | LA Park vs. Laredo Kid - AAA Lucha Fighter (4 votes)
04/25 | Penta el 0M vs. Nino Hamburguesa - AAA Lucha Fighter (4 votes)
05/23 | Cody vs. Lance Archer for the TNT Championship - AEW Double or Nothing 2020 (5 votes)
06/05 | Chris Brookes vs. Mei Suruga - ChocoProLIVE #19 (5 votes)
06/10 | Sammy Guevara vs. Colt Cabana - AEW Dynamite (5 votes)
06/15 | Yota Tsuji vs. Gabriel Kidd - NJPW Together Project (6 votes)
06/15 | Tomohiro Ishii & Yuya Uemura vs. El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru - NJPW Together Project (6 votes)
06/15 | Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi, Yugi Nagata & Togi Makabe vs. Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi & DOUKI - NJPW Together Project (5 votes)
06/17 | Kenny Omega & Hangman Adam Page (C) vs. Dustin Rhodes and QT Marshall for the AEW Tag Team Titles - AEW Dynamite (4 votes)
06/23 | LIJ vs. CHAOS - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 4 (6 votes)
06/24 | Tomohiro Ishii vs. Togi Makabe - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 5 (6 votes)
06/30 | Emi Sakura vs. Yuna "Yunamon" Mizumori - Gatoh Move/ChocoProLive! #28 (4 votes)
06/30 | Low Rida & Fuego del Sol vs. The Butcher & The Blade - AEW Dark (6 votes)
06/30 | The Young Bucks vs. Brandon Cutler & Peter Avalon - AEW Dark (5 votes)
07/01 | SHO vs. SANADA - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 6 (6 votes)
07/01 | Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi & Hiromu Takahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Yota Tsuji - NJPW New Japan Cup Night 6 (5 votes)
07/01 | Proud and Powerful vs. Private Party - AEW Fyter Fest Night 1 (6 votes)
07/01 | Io Shirai vs. Sasha Banks - NXT Great American Bash Night 1 (5 votes)
07/06 | Asuka vs. Bayley - WWE Raw (4 votes)
07/11 | LIJ (Naito, Hiromu & Shingo) vs. CHAOS (Ishii, SHO and Yano) - NJPW New Japan Cup Final (5 votes)
07/13 | Bayley & Sasha Banks (C) vs. The Kabuki Warriors for the WWE Women's Tag Titles - WWE Raw (4 votes)
07/14 | Jurassic Express vs. Cutler & Avalon - AEW Dark (4 votes)
07/21 | The North (C) vs. Motor City Machine Guns for the Impact Tag Titles - IMPACT (5 votes)
07/22 | Diamante vs. Ivelisse - AEW Dynamite (4 votes)
07/25 | Shingo Takagi (C) vs. El Desperado for the NEVER Openweight Championship - NJPW Sengoku Lord (6 votes)
07/26 | Yuji Nagata & Yuya Uemura vs. Minoru Suzuki & Douki - NJPW Summer Struggle (4 votes)
07/26 | Joey Janela vs. Lio Rush - GCW Homecoming (5 votes)
07/27 | Moriarty vs. Tony Deppen - GCW Homecoming (4 votes)
07/27 | ACH vs. KTB - GCW Homecoming (5 votes)
08/01 | Chad 2 Badd vs. Sex Ferguson in a Boneryard Match - Talk N' Shop A-Mania (4 votes)
08/05 | MAKOTO vs Mei Suruga - Gatoh Move ChocoPro 37 (4 votes)
08/12 | Orange Cassidy vs. Chris Jericho in a $7000 Obligation match - AEW Dynamite (6 votes)
08/22 | The Elite vs. The Dark Order (Reynolds/Silver/Angels) - AEW Dynamite (5 votes)
08/25 | Deonna Purrazzo (C) vs. Jordynne Grace in a 30 Minute Iron Man for the Knockouts Title - Impact Wrestling Emergence, Night 2 (4 votes)
08/27 | The Young Bucks vs. The Natural Nightmares vs. The Best Friends vs. FTR in a Tag Team Gauntlet - AEW Dynamite (5 votes)
08/27 | Lucha Bros, The Butcher & The Blade vs. Sonny Kiss, Joey Janela, Brian Pillman Jr & Griff Garrison - AEW Dynamite (5 votes)
08/28 | Antonio Honda vs. Lulu Pencil - GatohMove/ChocoPro #43 (5 votes)
08/29 | Maki Itoh vs. Mizuki - TJPW Princess Cup 7 Semifinals (5 votes)
08/29 | Shoko Nakajima vs. Miyu Yamashita - TJPW Princess Cup 7 Semifinals (5 votes)
08/31 | Mammoth Sasaki & Violento Jack (C) vs. Minoru Fujita & Rina Yamashita for the KING OF FREEDOM Tag Championship - FREEDOMS Tokyo Deathmatch Carnival Vol. 2 (4 votes)
09/02 | Best Friends vs. Proud & Powerful - AEW Dynamite (6 votes)
09/05 | LIJ (Hiromu & BUSHI) vs. Bullet Club (Ishimori and Gedo) - New Japan Road (4 votes)
09/05 | Chris Jericho vs. Orange Cassidy in a Mimosa Mayhem Match - AEW All Out (6 votes)
09/09 | CHAOS (Goto, Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, and Uemura) vs. CHAOS (Okada, Yano, SHO, and Gabriel Kidd) - NJPW New Japan Road (6 votes)
09/11 | LIJ (Hiromu & BUSHI) vs. Suzuki-Gun (Desperado & Kanemaru) - New Japan Road (5 votes)
09/12 | Yunamon vs. Chris Brookes - Gatoh Move/Chocopro (5 votes)
09/18 | Go Shiozaki vs. Manabu Soya - NOAH N1 Victory (4 votes)
09/19 | Will Ospreay vs. Yujiro Takahashi - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 1 (5 votes)
09/20 | Toru Yano vs. SANADA - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 2 (6 votes)
09/20 | Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Maasaki Mochizuki - NOAH N1 Victory Night 3 (4 votes)
09/23 | Shawn Spears vs. Matt Sydal - AEW Late Night Dynamite (4 votes)
09/23 | Tomohiro Ishii vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 3 (4 votes)
09/23 | Hangman Adam Page vs. Evil Uno - AEW Dynamite (4 votes)
09/23 | Mr. Brodie (C) vs. Orange Cassidy for the TNT Championship - AEW Dynamite (6 votes)
09/24 | SANADA vs. Hirooki Goto - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 4 (5 votes)
09/26 | Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Manabu Soya - NOAH N1 Victory (4 votes)
09/27 | Sami Zayn (C) vs. AJ Styles vs. Jeff Hardy for the Intercontinental Championship - WWE Clash of Champions (6 votes)
09/30 | FTR (C) vs. SCU for the AEW Tag Titles - AEW Dynamite (4 votes)
09/30 | Jon Moxley (C) vs. The Butcher for the AEW World Championship - AEW Dynamite (5 votes)
10/06 | Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 10 (4 votes)
10/06 | Juice Robinson vs. EVIL - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 10 (4 votes)
10/06 | Tetsuya Naito vs. YOSHI-HASHI - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 10 (4 votes)
10/07 | Minoru Suzuki vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 11 (5 votes)
10/08 | SANADA vs. KENTA - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 12 (6 votes)
10/10 | Trish Adora (C) vs. Suge D for the Pan-African World Diaspora Wrestling Championship - GCW For the Culture (4 votes)
10/10 | 2 Cold Scorpio vs. AR Fox - GCW For the Culture (4 votes)
10/10 | Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 13 (5 votes)
10/10 | Dark Sheik vs. Still Life with Apricots and Pears - GCW Effys Big Gay Brunch (5 votes)
10/10 | Cassandra vs. Sonny Kiss - GCW Effys Big Gay Brunch (5 votes)
10/10 | The Twink Gauntlet - GCW Effys Big Gay Brunch (4 votes)
10/10 | Effy vs. Marko Stunt - GCW Effys Big Gay Brunch (4 votes)
10/10 | Joey Janela vs. Ricky Morton - Joey Janela's Spring Break Part 4 (4 votes)
10/11 | Toru Yano vs. KENTA - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 14 (5 votes)
10/11 | Tetsuya Naito vs. EVIL - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 14 (6 votes)
10/13 | Jeff Cobb vs Will Ospreay - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 15 (4 votes)
10/14 | FTR (C) vs. Best Friends for the AEW Tag Team Titles - AEW Dynamite (5 votes)
10/16 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 17 (6 votes)
10/17 | YOSHI-HASHI vs. Toru Yano - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 18 (4 votes)
10/17 | Hirooki Goto vs. Juice Robinson - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 18 (4 votes)
10/24 | Rocky Romero vs. Jay White - NJPW Strong: Never (6 votes)
10/27 | Brandon Cutler vs. Peter Avalon in a Loser Must Win match - AEW Dark (6 votes)
10/28 | Eddie Kingston vs. Matt Sydal - AEW Dynamite (5 votes)
11/01 | El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI - NJPW Road to Power Struggle (6 votes)
11/02 | Dangerous Tekkers (C) vs. Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles - NJPW Road to Power Struggle (4 votes)
11/03 | Mao vs Shunma Katsumata - DDT Ultimate Party (5 votes)
11/04 | Young Bucks vs. Private Party - AEW Dynamite (6 votes)
11/07 | Tetsuya Naito (C) vs. EVIL for the IWGP Championship - NJPW Power Struggle (4 votes)
11/15 | YOSHI-HASHI & Hirooki Goto vs. Dangerous Tekkers - NJPW World Tag League/Best of Super Juniors Night 1 (4 votes)
11/15 | Ryusuke Taguchi vs. El Desperado - NJPW World Tag League/Best of Super Juniors Night 1 (5 votes)
11/15 | Taiji Ishimori vs. Hiromu Takahashi - NJPW World Tag League/Best of Super Juniors Night 1 (6 votes)
11/19 | CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) vs. CHAOS (Yoshi-Hashi & Hirooki Goto) - NJPW World Tag League (4 votes)
11/19 | Shingo Takagi/SANADA vs. Dangerous Tekkers - NJPW World Tag League (6 votes)
11/20 | Hiromu Takahashi vs. BUSHI - NJPW Best of Super Juniors (4 votes)
11/23 | DOUKI vs. Hiromu Takahashi - NJPW Best of Super Juniors (6 votes)
11/23 | El Desperado vs. Master Wato - NJPW Best of Super Juniors (5 votes)
11/25 | Yuya Uemura vs Hiromu Takahashi - NJPW Best of Super Juniors (6 votes)
11/25 | Taiji Ishimori vs. Robbie Eagles - NJPW Best of Super Juniors (6 votes)
11/25 | The Hybrid 2 vs. Top Flight - AEW Dynamite (5 votes)
11/25 | The Butcher and The Blade vs. Pac & Rey Fenix - AEW Dynamite (4 votes)
11/29 | Yuya Uemura vs. Ryusuke Taguchi - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors (4 votes)
11/30 | Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toa Henare - NJPW World Tag League (5 votes)
12/04 | Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toa Henare vs. LIJ (Shingo & SANADA) - NJW World Tag League (6 votes)
12/06 | BUSHI vs. El Desperado - NJPW World Tag League/Best of the Super Juniors (5 votes)
12/09 | MJF vs. Orange Cassidy - AEW Dynamite (6 votes)
12/15 | Dark Order (Uno & Grayson) vs. Bear Country - AEW Dark (6 votes)
12/19 | Daisuke Harada vs. Tadasuke - NOAH The Gift (4 votes)
12/19 | Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura and Kazushi Sakuraba) vs. Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura - NOAH The Gift (4 votes)
12/20 | Syrui vs. Giulia for the SWA Undisputed World Women's Title and the Wonder of Stardom Title - Stardom Osaka Dream Cinderella (4 votes)
12/26 | Kenoh & Jinsei Shinzaki vs. Kaito Kiyomiya & Daiki Inaba - Pro Wrestling NOAH Kongo Produce DIAMOND3 (4 votes)

The above list is slightly out of date now as some extra votes have been cast since then, but even if they've already hit the threshold it's a list of exceptionally good matches you might have missed in 2020!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem, do you keep track of total votes for matches? I'm curious what PSP's top vote-getting match was this year.