Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Kota Ibushi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1

Absolutely incredible from the entrances to the outfits to the wrestling to the character work to the facial expressions to the ending. Just the absolute best possible wrestling from the best possible wrestlers in the world today.

Unironically calling this match of the decade because i guarantee this is in my top 5 of the 2020s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: AXIZ (Go Shiozaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima) (c) vs. Naomichi Marufuji & Masaaki Mochizuki for the GHC Tag Team Championship - NOAH Reboot (1/5)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a-MMgyyQY0

Pretty sure that NOAH are doing tag team wrestling better than anyone out there right now. Note: this match happened after the Go Shiozaki vs. Kaito Kiyomiya match for the GHC title on 1/4 so if you're trying to avoid spoilers for that, don't watch this.

Big time 2nd. Easily the best tag match from "Wrestle Kingdom Week" if you will imo. Everyone in this match are incredible by themselves and as two teams, just :kiss:

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Chris Brookes vs. Miyako Matsumoto - Gake no Fuchi Pro Wrestling Gakeppuchi Snow White 2020 (1/4)

https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos/7863

If you don't have DDT Universe forums poster Johnny Landmine's thread should convince you

https://twitter.com/johnnylandmine/status/1214190389751500800?s=19

3rd this one. The ref bump sequence early on was my favorite part. This match was a trip and took an insane turn near the end. Also Brookes did not go easy with those chops of his on Matsumoto good god. Brookes in Japan is one of my favorite things that I loosely follow and need to follow more.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTY: Riho (C) vs. Kris Statlander for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Dynamite 1/8

A terrible clusterfuck of bad booking. Neither Riho nor Kris are to blame for this dreadful poo poo, they deserved so much better.

Nth just for Brandi's commentary alone. The fact that they almost redeemed themselves from the overbooking and then went back to bad is kind of impressive and that's why they deserve this spot here.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Nthing PAC/Darby for MOTY and the 4-way tag for HM. And gonna toss this into the pile

HM: Isiah "SWERVE" Scott vs. Lio Rush vs. Tyler Breeze, NXT 1/15

If only for my love of Tyler Breeze. Fun little triple threat match. Swerve is also just the coolest. Hope he can somehow do well there.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

HM: Daniel Bryan vs The Fiend, Royal Rumble 1/26
HM: Becky/Asuka Royal Rumble 1/26

Nth on both of these

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

MOTYC: Nick Gage vs Rickey Shane Page, GCW Run Rickey Run 2/15/20

Oh yeah, big time nth

Adbot