Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
MOTYC - Go Shiozaki vs Katsuhiko Nakajima - NOAH The Chronicle V 4

I can't quite shake the emotional intensity of this match, still thinking about it 24 hours later to the point I'm going to watch it again tonight. Probably my favorite match of the year just by way of it having this much effect on me, and it wasn't something I was expecting to hit me like that, just completely bought into the idea that these two chaps wanted to end one another.

I only tuned in on time to catch the end of M's vs Sugiura-gun yesterday, so if time allows will get to see that and Kenoh vs Kaito tonight, the latter of which I am especially excited about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC:
Utami Hayashishita vs Mayu Iwatini, Stardom 11/15, Sendai Cinderella

Thirded, loved this match, Mayu's great as always but Utami really came across as a relentless force in this in the best possible way.

forkboy84 posted:

Honestly not had a bad title defence this year. It's been extraordinary.

I agree with this and him being wrestler of the year, just want to add that by extension he's had the best reign of a champion in any promotion as well in 2020 that I've seen. His character, aura, story and skill I think are all exactly what Noah needs at this moment in it's history. They've been diverse matches too, it seems everyone who rates him has a slightly different list of their favourites.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

abraham linksys posted:

HM: Kenny Omega vs Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 12/2

Nth

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs Ryusuke Taguchi NJPW BOSJ 05.12

The funny cat man and the funny rear end man decided to show that they're two of the best ever.

nth. I am way behind on New Japan and hoping to remedy that this week but managed to catch this.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Go vs Sugiura

Go wrapped up champion of the year

Nth.

As much as I loved the Nakajima match, I liked this even more and I wasn't expecting that to be the case. I thought without the hatefulness of the previous defense this might not have the same level of intensity. Then homeboy gets blood from his first chop...

Barring a miracle this one is undoubtedly match of the year for me, completely lost my poo poo at several points in it.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: El Desperado vs. Hiromu Takahashi - Best of the Super Juniors Final 12/11

The moment where El Desperado got so angry he just tore the remains of his mask off and he and Hiromu started slapping the poo poo out of each other was absolutely loving incredible.

Nth.

I knew Desperado ruled but that moment was another level of awesome entirely.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
20th December
Stardom Osaka Dream Cinderella
Utami Hayashishta vs Momo Watanabe

nth

MOTYC
20th December Stardom Osaka Dream Cinderella
Syrui vs Giulia

-I dug this as much as the main event, so I'll second it for motyc.