Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

this is probably gona be lost in the G1 nominations buuuuut

MOTYC: Maki Itoh & Mizuki vs Yuka Sakazaki and Shoko Nakajima, TJPW Live With Your Time 21/09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Spuckuk posted:

G1 Climax Night 5 [9/27]
MOTYC Ibushi Ishii

God it's so loving great. Ishii just gets the best out of everyone, gloriously violent.

nth

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Hirooki Goto vs. Toru Yano, NJPW G1 Climax Night 10, 06/10

The G in G1 stands for Goto :hai:

nth, legendary match

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Toru Yano vs. Zack Sabre Jr., NJPW G1 Climax Night 12, 08/10

Perfect

these guys basically put on my ideal for a pro wrestling match, nth

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Unchain (Rina Yamashita & Minoru Fujita) vs. Unchain (Jun Kasai & Masashi Takeda) in a Glass Board Deathmatch - FREEDOMS 11th Anniversary (10/4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12dZ0RP0tzY

This loving owned. Easily my second favourite match this year after Naito/Okada at the Dome. Rina is the newest member of Unchain and this match is her induction. These four go loving wild rolling around in glass and yelling about how much fun they're having before they start literally trying to make each other eat glass. At the end of the match Kasai welcomes Rina to the group by saying "these days many joshi wrestlers decorate themselves in glittery costumes and nice make up. Today you've decorated yourself in blood and I think you look more beautiful than any one of them. We're so lucky to have you." then they all have a big group hug before flinging themselves into the broken glass to roll around in it a bit more. Deathmatch wrestling showing the beauty of friendship.

too bad it's nicopro quality but the match holds up

nth, match owns.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Crapple! posted:

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs Chris Dickinson. Josh Barnett's Bloodsport 10/11

I still have to go back and watch the rest of the show but this was absolutely fantastic.

nth, match real good

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Cody, AEW Dynamite 10/14
MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Lance Archer, AEW Dynamite 10/14

nth

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Rarity posted:

HM: Shingo Takagi vs. Minoru Suzuki, NJPW G1 Climax Night 17, 16/10

MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Taichi, NJPW G1 Climax Night 17, 16/10

MOTYC: Jay White vs. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW G1 Climax Night 17, 16/10

nthing these

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC - DDT Road to Ultimate Party October 25th
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi & Saki Akai) vs DISASTER BOX (Yuki Ueno, Naomi Yoshimura & Kazuki Hirata)
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Nautilus (Yuki Ueno & Naomi Yoshimura)

I'm really nominating this as one long match because the second match was so informed by the first. The three members of Eruption defended their 6-man titles against Disaster Box, which was immediately followed by the two male members of Eruption challenging for the tag belts against those same guys. The ending to the first match left one guy dead on the floor as his partner tried valiantly to keep the fight going until he could recover, and by the end all four guys sold being completely exhausted trying to break up pinfalls until they just couldn't anymore.

loving phenominal. Make time to watch these matches if you have a DDT Universe sub.

nth, absolutely unreal match(es)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

HM
27th September
DDT Who's Gonna Top?
DDT Extreme Title
Shinya Aoki(c) vs Antonio Honda

DDT comedy wrestling is so good. This match has MMA lightweight legend Aoki vs DDT stalwart Honda in a first to lose 5 points match. They lost a point for everytime there was a pinfall, knockout, rope escape or if they laughed at their opponent’s joke. A box full of props was placed in the ring for the wrestlers to use.

So Aoki is out grappling Honda while having to try stay stoic. It's entertaining

nth, Aoki's entire Extreme Title reign is fantastic.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

abraham linksys posted:

HM: Chris Brookes vs Yuki Ueno - DDT Ultimate Party 11/3
MOTYC: Jun Akiyama vs Konosuke Takeshita DDT Ultimate Party 11/3

nth and also

MOTYC: Tetsuya Endo vs Daisuke Sasaki DDT Ultimate Party 11/3

all of these matches rule

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

MOTYC: International Princess Championship Tournament Semi Final, Hikari Noa Vs Mirai Maiumi. WRESTLE PRINCESS 07/11/2020.

insane match, loving crazy finishing sequence.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

MOTYC: International Princess Championship Tournament Semi Final Shoko Nakajima Vs Yuki Kamifuku.

hey guess what this match whipped rear end.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

MOTYC: Raku versus Yuna Manase, WRESTLE PRINCESS 07/11/2020

oh my god raku had a banger of a match it is a new era. also this match features a murder.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

MOTYC: Saki Akai vs Hyper Misao, fans suggest the gimmick match/gimmick switching match WRESTLE PRINCESS 07/11/2020

imagine an insane DDT style match, now imagine the most insane version of that match.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

MOTYC: Maki Itoh and Sareee vs Aja Kong and Miyu Yamashita WRESTLEPRINCESS 07/11/2020

bias aside, this match was an incredibly stiff match with incredible spots and character work.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

MOTYC: Hikari Noa vs Yuki Kamifuki
MOTYC: Rika Tatsumi and Miu vs Yuki Aino and Nodoka Tenma
MOTYC Yuka Sakazaki vs Mizuki

what a goddamn show, the main is one of the best matches i've ever seen.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

a cyborg mug posted:

Is the show going to be available on VOD immediately/soon? Sounds like a p. decent use of ¥900, will make time for it tomorrow

it goes up instantly yeah, you'll be able to watch the other extremely good show, DDT ultimate party also.

and the first month should be free.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Rarity posted:

7th November 2020 must be the best single day of wrestling there's been in years

well yeah it had wrestle princess on it

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Is 7 MOTYCs in one show the most ever? I feel like it would have come from an AEW show if there's a higher number

well it makes sense considering TJPW is the best pro wrestling on the planet, period.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Full Gear is the best show of 2020 without a doubt.

Why are people giving WMOTYC to Elite Deletion when a bunch of lesser remembered nondescript WWE matches took place?

it wasn't even the best show on the 7th.

also you can only nominate things you've seen so that takes alot of the WWE matches out of contention.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Senerio posted:

MOTYC Pencil Army vs Yunamon and Chris Brookes, I Quit Match ChocoPro 63

Emi watched the I Quit Match from Full Gear and decided to show them how it's done.

almost forgot to nth this,

so nth

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

a cyborg mug posted:

I think with this Brookes/Yunamon vs Pencil Army is now on the list. You know what that means? That’s right, a full 100% of the matches from ChocoPro 63 are officially MOTYC, making it objectively the best show of the year. Suck it, every other promotion!

this is what I get for not nominating the two early tags on wrestle princess I suppose.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

MOTYC: Hyper Misao vs Super Sasadango Machine 20/11/2020 TJPW Style Of My Love.

I cannot give any context or spoilers but this is insane.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

HM: Shunma vs Sanshiro Takagi DDT Extreme Title 21/11/20

match is available here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Cb40M_Enc

it's a 2 out of 3 falls insane outdoor match, classic DDT with some very fun spots.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Sooper Gila posted:

MOTYC - Go Shiozaki vs Katsuhiko Nakajima - NOAH The Chronicle V 4

nth

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 12/1:

HM: 5 & 10 of Dark Order vs. Jurassic Express vs. Sonny Kiss & ‘The Bad Boy’ Joey Janela

This match is loving wild

nth, very fun.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

WMOTYC: Jon Moxley (C) vs. Kenny Omega for the AEW World Championship - AEW Dynamite 12/2

for making me care about impact.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

MOTYC: Yukio Sakaguchi vs HARASHIMA DDT D-OH Grand Prix 12.4.

DDT never ever fails to surprise you.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

MOTYC: Suzume and Neko Haruna vs Sakisama and Mei Saint Michel. TJPW Wrestling Of My Mind 12/12/2020

one of the greatest pieces of in ring storytelling of all time, a true masterpiece.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Chessman vs. Pagano, hair vs. hair, AAA TripleMania, December 12

what a wild match

forgot to nth this but it deserves it.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Can't overstate enough that those DDT matches are not comedy matches and they are exceptionally good.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Korakuen 2021 - January 4th

MOTYC
Miyu Yamashita vs Maki Itoh

Fuuuuuck

HM
Hyper Misao vs Shoko Nakajima
100 Gatcha Rope Deathmatch. Absolute Insanity

Saki-sama & Mei Saint Michel vs Sena Shiori & Hikari Noa
Mei-san and Saki-sama rule hard

nth and i cannot overstate enough how insane the miyu vs maki match is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

TJPW Korakuen 2021 - January 4th

MOTYC: Rika Tatsumi versus Yuka Sakazaki