Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Dimebags Brain posted:

HM: Ospreay/Hiromu
MOTYC: Okada/Ibushi

Came here to post this. Nthing this. The Jr match would've been a MOTYC but Okada and Ibushi was at a level above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Shingo Takagi & EVIL - NJPW New Year Dash 1/6

BEEF BEEF BEEF FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE BITTER END ALL BEEF ALL THE TIME SO MUCH loving BEEF!

nthing the beefy boys beef battle bowl. Goddamn I love me some beef.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I've run into the issue again where to qualify something as motyc I put it against the last match I nominated and thought was motyc (in this case okada/ibushi). I dont think I'll be able to dole out moty noms for a long time.

I'm in the same boat as you. Even with Ishii, Okada, Shingo and Ospreay tearing poo poo up in the G1 I can't imagine there will be many, if any matches as good as Okada/Ibushi. That said:

HM: Ortiz & Santana vs. Kenny Omega & Hangman Page vs. Chuck Taylor & Trent vs. Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson, AEW Dynamite 1/15

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Asuka vs. Akito in a single light tube deathmatch made the MOTYC list last year and it was my personal MOTY, now DDT have put it on YouTube for free so check it out if you haven't already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSrH4TuKq1I

That match was unbelievably good and tense in a way that no other match I can remember was. Seriously impressive and creative and fun and I adored it.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

TTBF posted:

Don't think either will need it at this point but HM for both Takahashi/Lee and Moxley/Ambrose.

I'm also going HM on both. Two unbelievably good and completely different matches.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
MOTYC - Kenny Omega and Hangman Adam Page vs the Young Bucks
HM - Orange Cassidy vs PAC

That tag match was absolutely perfect. It even ended at the exact right time, in that I said to myself "a minute longer is too long" and then it ended.

I loved the Orange Cassidy match from the moment he got the half-assed pyro. Not the best comedy match I've ever seen, but goddamn fantastic for what it was.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Can I say Quarantine MOTYC for Stadium Stampede? It's the best Quarantine match I've seen so far, but not the best match. I feel like we're going to need a separate category because they're not comparable.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

extradite THIS! posted:

This most definitely won’t be for everyone so I’ll just HM but in a just world it is actually the match of the century with two of the premier comedy wrestlers in the world

HM: Antonio Honda vs Lulu Pencil, ChocoPro #43 (8/28)

Certainly one of the most uniquely absurd matches I’ve ever seen. A large part of it consists of what could charitably be described as singing and dancing duels plus some truly evil comedy heel moves from Honda. Incredible, couldn’t stop laughing all the way through.

Nthing this. The funniest comedy match I've seen all year.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
From NJPW G1 Climax 30 9/19

MOTYC - Minoru Suzuki vs Tomohiro Ishii - awesome and Ishii's selling is unbelievable and Suzuki is the best. I could watch the two of them just glower at each other for 30 minutes and be thrilled with it.
MOTYC - Shingo Takagi vs Jay White - another awesome match, Jay White is such a great heel and Shingo is Shingo.
HM - Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi - nowhere near their past couple of matches, the cobra clutch obsession makes Okada matches feel worse. That said, it was great.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
MOTYC - Ishii vs Ibushi, NJPW G1 Climax Night 5, 27/09
MOTYC - Ospreay vs Takagi, NJPW G1 Climax Night 5, 27/09

I could watch either of these pairs have matches forever. Goddamn that was good.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
HMs from NJPW G1 Climax Night 7, 30/09:

Cobb vs Ibushi
Ospreay vs White
Ishii vs Takagi

So good but without crowd interactions something's just missing. And Okada just needs to stop with that cobra clutch.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

The Berzerker posted:

MOTYC Votes:
10/10 | Jeff Cobb vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13
10/10 | Kota Ibushi vs. Minoru Suzuki - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13
10/10 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13

HM votes:
10/10 | Jay White vs. Yujiro Takahashi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13
10/10 | Will Ospreay vs. Taichi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 13

Hell of a card

Nthing these. What a great show!

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW G1 Climax Night 15, 13/10

God drat

Nthing this, saw this today and it was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
HM: Mox/Omega from AEW Winter is coming

4 star match with a 5 star twist from Don Callis.