Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
FRESH THREAD

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Yuka Sakazaki (c) vs. Miyu Yamashita for the Princess of Princess Championship - TJPW Tokyo Joshi Pro '20

Is this on/going to be on DDT Universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Wrestle Kingdom 1/4

HM: Jushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujinami, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ryusuke Taguchi
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Lance Archer (c), IWGP United States
MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Will Ospreay (c), IWGP Junior Heavyweight
MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs. Jay White (c), IWGP Intercontinental
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Kazuchika Okada (c), IWGP Heavyweight

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

PublicOpinion posted:

Yep, show VOD is up there.

Thank you!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i need to see this

I’m about to vote for it based entirely off of photos of Necro on Twitter. He looks terrible.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

i believe in my friend punch mclightning

How to watch a lot of wrestling, by Punch McLightning.

Step 1) Have a list of wrestling to watch. Include links if you want. Look for resources for promotions you're interested in but don't know much about, if that's what you're looking for. Cagematch and Grappl are good starting points. Cubsfan is great for lucha. There's a couple other people posting stuff on Twitter. This thread has a lot of good posters, too.
Step 2) Know which matches tend to be extra long, so you don't sit down for an intended twenty minute match with your then not wrestling fan wife and then discover that it's that hour-long Samoa Joe-CM Punk match.
Step 3) When you want to watch something, just pop it on. This is the easiest part.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 5, 2020

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Cuatrero & Forastero vs. Caristico & Mistico (c), CMLL Tag, CMLL on Martes (1/1) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D85KkwML6oM&t=5260s

A fun tag match!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm still holding off on watching WK Day 2 because of the technical issues earlier and not wanting to get invested right before I should go to bed. HOWEVER, if you aren't familiar with Naoki Sano outside of this weekend, I'd strongly suggest you watch his and Liger's WON Match of the Year from January 31, 1990. I gave it ****3/4, which is what I gave Ospreay-Okada from New Japan Cup, Suzuki-Barnett from Bloodsport, Barbaro-Mistoc from CMLL, and Jake Lee-Miyahara from All Japan's Royal Road, amongst others.

You can check it out on New Japan World at https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00089_2_1.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Wrestle Kingdom night 2:

HM: Jushin Liger & Naoki Sano vs. Hiromu Takahashi & Ryu Lee
HM: SHO & YOH vs. El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori (c), IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team
HM: SANADA vs. Zack Sabre Jr. (c), RevPro Undisputed British
HM: Juice Robinson vs. Jon Moxley (c), IWGP United States
MOTYC: Hirooki Goto vs. KENTA (c), NEVER Openweight

Gonna have to finish the rest of the card later.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Finishing out Kingdom night 2

MOTYC: Ibushi vs. White
HM: Jericho vs. Tanahashi
MOTYC: Naito vs.Okada

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm disappointed by it, but a two star match is not close to a WMOTYC.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Midnightghoul posted:

Usually two star matches from AEW are MOTYCs, so it should swing the other direction

how dare you

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Cameron Grimes vs. Damian Priest vs. Dominik Dijakovic vs. Keith Lee, NXT, 1/8

spots spots spots

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Not voting on 2019, but if anyone is a fan of Orange Cassidy comedy, you owe yourself to check out the semi-main event from night 3 of BOLA. They do a lot of fun stuff with him and he's the star of the match.

The finals is a decent, if overlong, triple threat in front of a tired crowd. Just like it is every year.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
A Double Shot of Effy sounds like it would be a dope event.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Atlantis Jr., Star Jr., & Valiente vs. Hechicero, Rey Bucanero, & Templario, CMLL on Marca (1/10), https://youtu.be/cxgHlcDSDjo?t=01h22m57s

A really fun CMLL trios match with guys you normally don’t see features like this holding the fort down during Fantasticamania. If you want to be impressed by this company’s depth, check this match out.

HM: Shingo Takagi & EVIL vs. Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW New Year’s Dash

Beefy fathers with beef.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Ortiz & Santana vs. Kenny Omega & Hangman Page vs. Chuck Taylor & Trent vs. Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson, AEW Dynamite 1/15

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
WMOTYC: Hikaru Shida & Kris Statlander vs. Brandi Rhodes & Mel, Dynamite 1/15

i'll go with a one star match on national tv

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Sammy Guevara, Dynamite 1/15

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: PAC vs. Darby Allin, Dynamite, 1/15

chef kisses to this show outside of the women's match

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Buddy Murphy vs. Aleister Black, Raw 1/13

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
This is from December 7, so it's not a vote, J-Ru.

But, y'all should check out Bandido vs. Aramis from the MexaWrestling that day. Bandido is a known future star, but Aramis is really great too. You could argue it as a MOTYC, though I have it as a high end HM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evNZt8ylqWo&t=4647s

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

MOTYC: Matt Riddle and Pete Dunne vs. Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster: Holy poo poo this match was amazing. Go and watch it.

Both of these matches were from the 1/15/20 episode of NXT, obviously.

I’ll HM this.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Is the Hayata match up somewhere?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Go Shiozaki vs. Kaito Kiyomiya, NOAH NEW SUNRISE, 1/4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh1g_XFcmd0

very close to a MOTYC for me

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Jake Lee vs. Kento MIyahara (c), Triple Crown, AJPW New Year Wars, 1/3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XUM1bqZjfo

Check this out ASAP. Kento's the single best wrestler outside of New Japan right now.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Hikaru Sato vs. Susumu Yokosuka, AJPW World Junior Heavyweight, New Year Wars, January 3

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Barbaro Cavenario, Euforia, & Negro Casas vs. Caristico, Hiroshi Tanahashi, & Tiger Mask, FantasticaMania 1/19

Just a fun trios match.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Lana/Lashley vs Rusev/Liv, RAW 1/20/20

I don't think you'll find a more pointless and stupid main event in any other promotion. Hell, WWE will have to try and make a more pointless match than this. Also Lana loving sucks in the ring.

In the year 2020, technology has advanced to the point where not only can I access a number of television stations for a fee via a tiny computer that doubles as a phone, but I also can use this program to record an unlimited number of shows to watch anything their air at any time, within prescribed time limits.

I used all of this societal advancement to watch this match, and it sucked poo poo. Nth this nomination, and may God have mercy on us all.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

HM: Jurassic Express vs. #StrongHearts, AEW Dark, 21/01

5th. Very fun.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm cross-posting this from the lucha thread, but Cubs Fan has posted his top lucha matches of 2019.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Drunken Angels vs SCU, Dynamite 1/22

page and omega are now the drunken angels, thank you

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Jericho, Ortiz, & Santana vs. Jurassic Express, Dynamite 1/22

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Mox vs. Pac, AEW Dynamite 1/22

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Matt Riddle & Pete Dunne vs. Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel, NXT #388, 1/22

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Keith Lee vs Roderick Strong (c), NXT North American, NXT 1/22

This would have been better if it was three minutes shorter at a minimum.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Forastero vs. Titan, FantasticaMania, 1/17

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Angelico & Jack Evans vs. Kazarian & Scorpio Sky, AEW Dynamite 1/29

Came close on Cody-Sabian & the main, but both were just a bit short of the mark for me. I think this might have been the first episode of Dynamite where I generally liked the angles better than the matches.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Daniel Makabe vs. Judas Icarus, 3-2-1 BATTLE! Hindsight: 2020

Look past the fact that Judas Icarus dresses like Simple Jack. This is a great hard hitting, technical match-up, where Makabe in particular shines. If he gets a bigger stage, I think he could be featured much like Zack Sabre Jr. currently is.

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/534181000 . Jump about 2 hour 30 minutes into this.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Toa Henare, Yota Tsuji, & Yuya Uemura vs. Alex Coughlin, Clark Connors, & Karl Fredericks, NJPW New Year's Dash!! Jan 6

I just rewatched this after only having it on in the background the first time I caught it. Big Uncle Dave gave this four stars, which is maybe a touch high but maybe isn’t? These six are all great already and are only going to get better. They’re all great athletically and show great basics. The match was hard hitting and fast paced. I liked this a lot more than I thought it would. Uemura was, I think, the least impressive of the six but he threw a drop kick that rivaled Okada’s. Good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Burn Down Canberra posted:

All from the nb in sapporo night 1 1/2

HM: Okada/Moxley v Suzuki/Taichi
HM: Evil v ishii
Motyc : goto v shingo

nth