Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

As per tradition here is the thread where we celebrate a new mod and i pretend not to be ins anely jealous.

Good luck to julias and also wark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yay Julias!

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
combination julias and wark say mod

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Gattai!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

"Wark Wark" --Pen, congratulating Julias on becoming a mod, 1995.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I wanted to enforce manga supremacy and mod here too but got shot down. Hello julias I assume you're named after the kengan character

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Congratulations, but more importantly, good luck!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good luck. I'm gonna cause some serious problems in this forum just to test your resolve.

Check this out: piss

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Jose posted:

I wanted to enforce manga supremacy and mod here too but got shot down. Hello julias I assume you're named after the kengan character

That's Julius, and you don't know how many times I have to do a double take whenever people talk about various Julius'es in media. :mad:

On a separate note, thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I hope I can live up to your expectations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Julias posted:

That's Julius, and you don't know how many times I have to do a double take whenever people talk about various Julius'es in media. :mad:

On a separate note, thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I hope I can live up to your expectations.

can we call you jules for short?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Have you ever used the mod buttons before? If you wanna give it a shot, I humbly request a 6-hr probation.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Jose posted:

is it me or is mangadex down?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

el dorito posted:

is it me or is mangadex down?
Down for maintenance, I think we're entering Day 2 of the 3 scheduled?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Wark Say posted:

Down for maintenance, I think we're entering Day 2 of the 3 scheduled?

Ah, thanks. I figure they would just point the dns at some landing page with a 90s geocities under construction gif but I guess I should just be patient instead

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

el dorito posted:

can we call you jules for short?

Jules, Julie, July are all good too :tipshat:

el dorito posted:

Have you ever used the mod buttons before? If you wanna give it a shot, I humbly request a 6-hr probation.

Sure. Thanks :twisted:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I don’t think Julias has ever done anything to make me mad (yet) so this is a good hire imo good luck JuJu

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
welcome, may you rule justly and leave here less encumbered than some of the previous mods

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
congrats(?) !

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I. M. Gei posted:

I don’t think Julias has ever done anything to make me mad (yet) so this is a good hire imo good luck JuJu

demod julias immediately

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

julias what are your thoughts on haki

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Jose posted:

julias what are your thoughts on haki

It's your willpower, but it's also essentially ki/chakra (you have limited stores of it, and use it all up/exhaust yourself)

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Nice, congrats+condolences! Thanks for all your hard work on the season threads.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I like Julias. Hecka good move.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I can’t wait for (both of) your inevitable meltdowns as per forum tradition. Godspeed gentleman.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

http://f.dryzen.moe/r.webm

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
check this out

poolias

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

more like droolias

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Viridiant posted:

I like Julias. Hecka good move.

Same, its a shame I cant like em anymore because they are mod.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Oh Snapple! posted:

demod julias immediately

I have literally been gangstalked and doxxed by a group of goons that included several mods in the past so you will forgive me if my trust in SA forum mods has, how shall I say, cracked a bit over the years

which it has

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

check this out

poolias

Not as bad as this one streamer I follow who thinks my name is meant to be pronounced like it's Spanish, so he calls me Who-lias? :v:

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
drat thats brutal

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
What's your take on the "Yoo-lias" pronunciation? Because that's how I've been saying it in my head for a while now

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Reiche posted:

What's your take on the "Yoo-lias" pronunciation? Because that's how I've been saying it in my head for a while now

Honestly it doesn't offend me either way-I just think of it as a jokingly affectionate nickname :sweatdrop:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

two mods two masters...`

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Julias, who's the best HxH character.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
my goondolences/congratulations to Julias who is a mod now

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Julias posted:

It's your willpower, but it's also essentially ki/chakra (you have limited stores of it, and use it all up/exhaust yourself)

so then, hypothetically speaking, let's say you ate the air air fruit. if your locked in a sealed container without outside air or food and expended all your willpower, would you be able to recuperate it. Does it take calories?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Probably Magic posted:

Julias, who's the best HxH character.

Probably Leorio. Boring answer, I know.

Homeless Friend posted:

so then, hypothetically speaking, let's say you ate the air air fruit. if your locked in a sealed container without outside air or food and expended all your willpower, would you be able to recuperate it. Does it take calories?

You would still eventually die from lack of oxygen, as your body is using up O2 for cellular respiration, pumping out CO2 with no way to convert it into 02. And even if you could go without breathing, you would eventually starve to death.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Julias posted:

You would still eventually die from lack of oxygen, as your body is using up O2 for cellular respiration, pumping out CO2 with no way to convert it into 02. And even if you could go without breathing, you would eventually starve to death.

god damnit i knew i didn't make this bullet proof enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

julias why did you murder mangadex?