Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Frozen Peach posted:

Playtesting is kind of the wild west, but generally as long as you have a Copyright (c) 2021 SkeletonHero at the top of the PDF you're good to go. Like potatocubed said, the odds of someone stealing your work are pretty slim.

Copyright notice isn't required on new work in the U.S., but you should put it there anyway, so people know it's copyrighted (as opposed to released under some other license that lets them use it without permission), and so that people know your name if they want to license it, pay you to write things for them, et cetera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

I've had a very hard time standardizing rates for mapping. Because it might be a simple map that takes me a few hours, or it might be a two page spread of Mosul circa 2016 that I have to dig map data out of UN reports on the wayback machine for. So if anyone has advice on that route, let me know. I guess it should be closer to 'art' rates but who knows.

Hours spent is a good starting point. Some people won't get it no matter how much you explain it; some people might decide to reduce their costs by finding certain map data for you. A lot of art is priced at the intersection of Hourly Rate Street and Regulating Demand Via Price Avenue.