Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
So I'm trying a thing:

https://twitter.com/Ettin64/status/1250640504020238339

Basically, for DOS Games Jam I put together a Star Control-inspired scifi Fate game with a vaporwave theme. I didn't want to spend too much time on it, so right now it's mostly a setting overview, chargen, and 26 pages of aliens/new kinds of human.

If it does well enough to make back art costs, I plan to work on it some more later in the year and eventually turn it into a full game. Let's see if this works :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

UnCO3 posted:

Also, get on this list

Who? Ettin, publish as Weird Age Games
Where? itch.io, DriveThruRPG (some products), Twitter, Patreon
What do I do? Tabletop RPGs with weird settings and a narrative focus. My last major projects were Breakfast Cult and Retrocausality, and you might also know Oh, Dang! Bigfoot Stole My Car With My Friend's Birthday Present Inside.
What am I working on? Currently working on Hard Wired Island.

Ettin fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 21, 2020

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I'm chatting with some people about a project they want to run. It's the next book in a growing universe of games they're building, and they're thinking of offering older games in the series as a pledge level on the Kickstarter. I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience with that and how they went about it. My gut says it's a solid incentive for the base pledge level, but the group at large seems to want to make it a higher pledge tier, and I see the value there too.

IMO the base pledge should just be the game people are backing for, and higher tiers can get you the extras at a discount. It keeps things simple for the folks who just want the game you're KSing and it's a solid incentive for people to up their pledge.