Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Heck ye, this is a good thread!

I’ve kinda taken the back half of last year off of designing stuff, so I have a bunch of stuff on the back burners ready to actually get written out. I’m currently working on an Oz game (using the public domain art from the first editions) for ZineQuest, and I have a bunch of other stuff just getting ready to be pushed through, but also I’m working on some pure mechanical development, which I’m hoping to publish as a toolkit for designers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Magnusth posted:

So, i'm putting together a kickstarter for my next game, Red Rook Revolt. What are some easy to do stretch goals and backer rewards that you generally enjoy? Or some more difficult ones, for that matter?

I actually have a soft spot for cloth maps. I know they're not really useful per se, but they're fun and they're often aesthetically pleasing.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

My game that is inspired by, but legally distinct from, CATS is now available.

Check out The Angelical Life over on itch!

Also, it got all the way up to #10 on the list of most popular physical games on itch.io, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

In the spirit of shameless self promotion, The Angelical Life is now up on DriveThruRPG!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

My CATS-inspired game has a one-shot Actual Play!

https://twitter.com/PartyOfOnePod/status/1265830139235106817

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

UnCO3 posted:

Anyone interested in pooling some existing games and other products into a bundle on itch.io and donating the proceeds to a bail fund or something similar? Alternatively, sending people download keys if they show transaction receipts for donations made in their own name (for the bundle or before the bundle)? It's easy to set up a publisher account if you're not already publishing on there.

Yeah, I'd be down for tossing in some of my games.