Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

One of my goals for the coming year was to finish a few projects and ideas for projects that I had for a few years now. As part of that, I'd like to bring to fruition a game about a group of damned individuals with supernatural powers who are at the tail end of the Faustian bargain. It seems like a good fit for Zine Quest - the rules are simple, there isn't a lot background or setting information, and it would probably work best as a novelty one-shot or short campaign. I still need to edit the text into a coherent final form, and after that commission some artwork and figure out the layout, so things are very much in the early stages.

I'm worried about two things, and I'm hoping to get some guidance from posters here:
1.) Does anybody have any guides, instructions, or layouts for publishing a zine they'd like to share? I've started doing my own research, of course, but if anybody has anything they think would be helpful I'd appreciate it. The only zine I've ever published was 50 copies of a hand-written zine photocopied back in High School, and while that has a certain appeal, I don't think it's the right way to go for this.

2.) Does anybody have any advice on running a Zine Quest kickstarter? I've started looking at various kickstarters from the last round, and while I've noticed a few things, I'd really appreciate any insight people could offer on running a kickstarter as someone with no real credibility or notoriety.

I'll probably try and present some of my work here for feedback before Zine Quest 2 kicks off as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

slap me and kiss me posted:

This is a good thread, thanks for making it!

Zine here, Tibalt: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909000
Thanks, I'll post there too after I make sure the OP doesn't already answer my questions!