Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Fivemarks posted:

I'm working on like, a more rules in depth mecha thing, but I feel like it isn't worth it. I'm making it because I love giant robots and RPGs, but It feels a bit like I'm just a shitgoblin stabbing the ankles of giants. It doesn't matter how much effort i put into making the rules good and making it fun to play- It'll just end up being compared to Lancer, and Lancer will always win that comparison because it has an actual artist making it, and players these days care more about Art than anything else.

Why are you doing this? Is it for them, or for you?

Personally, I make games mostly out of spite. I think that qualifies as "for me." I don't need acclaim or acknowledgement (though they're nice, I suppose). It's very likely I'll pseudonymize because the point is just to put something great into existence. No point in comparing it to anything else. Money'd be nice, too, but I doubt anyone gets rich here. haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU