Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Punch McLightning posted:

I just voted! join Dark Order!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Punch McLightning posted:

I just voted! join Pencil Army!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Got my results in at last, that was way harder than I thought, particularly going through the 40+ matches I personally nominated as MOTYCs to pick out which ones would go into 2nd-5th places behind Rocky vs. ELP.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Voted. I always find the worsts so much harder than the bests.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Got my results in at last, that was way harder than I thought, particularly going through the 40+ matches I personally nominated as MOTYCs to pick out which ones would go into 2nd-5th places behind Rocky vs. ELP.

Real recognise real :cool:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
as the kayfabe exalted one of the dark order, i command you to vote in the next 24 hours

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Real recognise real :cool:

Legit can't think of a match that had me more on the edge of my seat or whose result was so incredibly overwhelmingly perfect. :hmmyes:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I voted, hopefully me having not actually watched more than a couple hours of WWE in the last several years doesn't discount me from voting for a bunch of their garbage for the Worst categories. Feel like I can pretty confidently lend a point to the "Lacey Evans sucks rear end" initiative even if I didn't watch Raw every week to see it.

I actually had trouble picking a #2 and #3 for Best Show because New Japan (the only thing I actually watch now) had kind of a weird year, the shows you expect to be fantastic (WK13, Dominion) were a little underwhelming, and Sakura Genesis got preempted for the mess that was G1 Supercard.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Legit can't think of a match that had me more on the edge of my seat or whose result was so incredibly overwhelmingly perfect. :hmmyes:

Give Rocky a shot at the Jr Heavyweight belt Gedo you coward

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

I voted, hopefully me having not actually watched more than a couple hours of WWE in the last several years doesn't discount me from voting for a bunch of their garbage for the Worst categories. Feel like I can pretty confidently lend a point to the "Lacey Evans sucks rear end" initiative even if I didn't watch Raw every week to see it.

I actually had trouble picking a #2 and #3 for Best Show because New Japan (the only thing I actually watch now) had kind of a weird year, the shows you expect to be fantastic (WK13, Dominion) were a little underwhelming, and Sakura Genesis got preempted for the mess that was G1 Supercard.

In the Super J Cast awards, a lot of the nominations were stuff like "Best of the Super Juniors Night 13" so I think a lot of people felt the same way.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i have the hardest time picking best show, i have no memory of what happens at what event.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

i have the hardest time picking best show, i have no memory of what happens at what event.

Here's what Cagematch folks have rated as the best shows of the year, so if you can't think of anything, you might as well click through that list and see if there are any events that jog your memory.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
You have fifteen minutes left to vote.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Venomous posted:

Here's what Cagematch folks have rated as the best shows of the year, so if you can't think of anything, you might as well click through that list and see if there are any events that jog your memory.

Also check out the MOTY thread, because as you run down the list you'll probably notice,"Huh, this one show got like 7 MOTYCs in it.... maybe that was a ..... good show? :thunk:"

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Venomous posted:

Oh wow that's good for next time thanks

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The deadline passed while I was filling out my form. :(

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm not doing anything with this tonight, so I'll re-open it until the morning!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Thanks, submitted!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Any word on this, Punch?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I have the votes counted for the top six awards. Just need time to do the rest. I've been buried at work, unfortunately.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Okay, here's some of the ones I've counted:

Best Promotion
1st place: New Japan Pro Wrestling, 23 points
2nd place: All Elite Wrestling, 6 points
3rd place (tie): SEAdLINNING & Dragon Gate, 2 points each

Also receiving votes:
1 point each: All Japan Pro Wrestling, Game Changer Wrestling

Worst Promotion
1st place: WWE, 27 points
2nd place: Ring of Honor, 8 points

That’s it

Most Improved Promotion
1st place: All Elite Wrestling, 12 points
2nd place, tie: AAA & Impact, 4 points each
4th place: Dragon Gate, 3 points

Also receiving votes:
2 points: Black Label Pro
1 point each: All Japan, Beyond, DDT, GCW, New Japan, NWA, OTT, SEAdLINNING

Best Gimick
1st place: Orange Cassidy, 13 points
2nd place: Chris Jericho – Le Champion, 3 points
3rd place: Toru Yano, 2 points

Also receiving votes:
1 point each: Join Dark Order, Becky Lynch, Danhausen, Daniel Bryan Eco Warrior, DEATH Yama San, El Phantasmo, Jay White, Jiro “Ikemen” Kuroshio, Jon Moxley, Jungle Boy, Jushin Liger retirement, KENTA, Kento Miyahara, Lulupencil, PAC, Shooter Umino, The Fiend

Worst Gimmick
1st place: The Fiend, 12 points
2nd place: Lacey Evans, 7 points
3rd place: Shorty G, 4 points

Also receiving votes:
2 points each: The Dark Order, The Nightmare Collective
1 point each: Brandi Rhodes, Danhausen, FreeAgentZ, Shlak, Tetsuya Naito, Shawn Spears

Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic
1st place: A whole bunch of poo poo about WWE & Saudi Arabia, 26 points
2nd place: interracial cuck angles on WWE, 3 points

Also receiving votes:
1 point each: Lana/Lashley wedding, The Double Gold Dash, Kylie Ray stuff, the ambulance issue at New Japan’s Hammerstein show, WWE exploiting Roman Reigns’ cancer

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

nobody did a stupid k kwick joke do not know if i am proud or disappointed

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

quote:

Most Improved Promotion
1st place: All Elite Wrestling.

The gently caress??? going from non-existent to existing isn't an improvement. What was AEW's low point that it improved from??

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

They went from having nothing but a roster at the beginning of the year to having a hit tv show over the course of 2019, I'm more confused by whoever voted New Japan for most improved

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I Before E posted:

They went from having nothing but a roster at the beginning of the year to having a hit tv show over the course of 2019, I'm more confused by whoever voted New Japan for most improved

That's not an improvement, that's just existing. There's nothing to improve on when their big PPV shows were arguably better than some of their TV shows have been

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

That's not an improvement, that's just existing. There's nothing to improve on when their big PPV shows were arguably better than some of their TV shows have been

The PPVs are supposed to be better than the TV, that's what they're supposed to be building to

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

The gently caress??? going from non-existent to existing isn't an improvement. What was AEW's low point that it improved from??

I just count the votes, but I thought this was bizarre as well. I expected a few votes, but not more than 1/3 of them.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

"most improved promotion" is not a very well defined category

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm surprised the ACH shirt didn't get any votes, since they were brazenly obvious that they weren't sorry and probably would've gotten away with it if ACH didn't speak up

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I Before E posted:

They went from having a stupid Bullet Club civil war taking up time to not having a stupid Bullet Club civil war taking up time.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Benne posted:

I'm surprised the ACH shirt didn't get any votes, since they were brazenly obvious that they weren't sorry and probably would've gotten away with it if ACH didn't speak up

Between all the big WWE scandals, it must have gotten lost in the shuffle

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

They went from having a stupid Bullet Club civil war taking up time to not having a stupid Bullet Club civil war taking up time.

Even with the Bullet Club Civil War during the fall slow period, I'd say 2018 New Japan was sightly hotter on the whole than 2019, even if the fall slow period in 2019 had the Jushin Liger retirement stuff to keep things interesting.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I Before E posted:

Even with the Bullet Club Civil War during the fall slow period, I'd say 2018 New Japan was sightly hotter on the whole than 2019, even if the fall slow period in 2019 had the Jushin Liger retirement stuff to keep things interesting.

The Bullet Club Civil War started in the spring fast period! Also it went absolutely nowhere after an incredible angle to kick it off and had no ending despite taking up an entire year. It's probably the biggest disappointment of all time to go from that Golden Lovers reunion to Kenny calling all Japanese wrestlers lazy and Tama Tonga and Fale being more obnoxious than usual in the G1.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Looks like we found out who the NJPW voter was

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It was me

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The Bullet Club Civil War started in the spring fast period! Also it went absolutely nowhere after an incredible angle to kick it off and had no ending despite taking up an entire year. It's probably the biggest disappointment of all time to go from that Golden Lovers reunion to Kenny calling all Japanese wrestlers lazy and Tama Tonga and Fale being more obnoxious than usual in the G1.

That's fair, this year's G1 was much better, but 2018 had a much better junior scene even taking into account Hiromu's injury, and nothing in the main title scenes was as hot as the final few defenses of Okada's record breaking reign.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It says a lot about 2019 WWE that "exploiting Roman's cancer," as sleazy as it is, was right there on the table for them to finally get him cheered as a top babyface, and they still hosed it up and made him Just Another Guy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love that Interracial Cuck Angles on Raw only got 3 votes. Not because people disliking it were a minority, but because the Saudi Arabia stuff was so unfathomably awful and monstrous that even one of the worst wrestling angles of modern times barely registers by comparison.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I Before E posted:

That's fair, this year's G1 was much better, but 2018 had a much better junior scene even taking into account Hiromu's injury, and nothing in the main title scenes was as hot as the final few defenses of Okada's record breaking reign.

yeah, the junior scene definitely suffered from no Hiromu and the two top guys focused more on moving up to the heavyweights. Also no other promotion that I watched in 2018 and 2019 felt like an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
BOSJ 2019 was a big step up on 2018 imo