Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
I see that Most Improved Promotion result and think that y'all really need to watch more lucha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I think I voted for AAA for most improved. That’s the one that comes to mine for me for this award this year.

Jerusalem posted:

I love that Interracial Cuck Angles on Raw only got 3 votes. Not because people disliking it were a minority, but because the Saudi Arabia stuff was so unfathomably awful and monstrous that even one of the worst wrestling angles of modern times barely registers by comparison.

I’m posting this so I remember to post the list of actual votes, since I had to combine them. I put all the various aspects of the SA trip together, so you had the blood money, the propaganda, the abandonment of talent, and the fake “women matter” PR move with the match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm assuming I voted for Dragon Gate as most improved but my memory is bad. 2018 was definitely an up & down year what with what would be Strong Hearts leaving. It was a year of rebuilding but 2019 was a year of more western eyes watching thanks to PAC's excellent run with the Dream Gate, the crowning of Ben-K, the proper emergence of Shun Skywalker after winning the Rookie tournament, some fantastic matches. With the caveat that the increasing presence of Ultimo Dragon quickly went from a delightful reunification to fun novelty to a bit tedious to leading to the big faction shakeup which has me a bit concerned. But all in all, 2019 was very good, 2018 wasn't.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Punch McLightning posted:

I think I voted for AAA for most improved. That’s the one that comes to mine for me for this award this year.

gently caress, that is what I must have voted for because I don't think I would have considered anything else 'improved.' I really need to create a paper trail when I enter my award voting fugue state.

I’m posting this so I remember to post the list of actual votes, since I had to combine them. I put all the various aspects of the SA trip together, so you had the blood money, the propaganda, the abandonment of talent, and the fake “women matter” PR move with the match.

please at some point just post my slate. If I had plat I'd literally ask you to pm me, because of my previously mentioned voting fugue state.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i do not remember what i voted at all.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

OFFICER LIGER posted:

i do not remember what i voted at all.

You didn't.

karmicknight posted:

gently caress, that is what I must have voted for because I don't think I would have considered anything else 'improved.' I really need to create a paper trail when I enter my award voting fugue state.

please at some point just post my slate. If I had plat I'd literally ask you to pm me, because of my previously mentioned voting fugue state.

Best Overall Wrestler - 1st Place - Chris Brookes
Best Overall Wrestler - 2nd Place - Chuck Taylor
Best Overall Wrestler - 3rd Place - Will Ospreay
Best Overall Wrestler - 4th Place - Kazuchika Okada
Best Overall Wrestler - 5th Place - Maki Itoh
Best Wrestler In Matches - 1st Place - Zack Sabre Jr
Best Wrestler In Matches - 2nd Place - Tomohiro Ishii
Best Wrestler In Matches - 3rd Place - Will Ospreay
Best In Non-Matches (interviews, angles, etc) - 1st Place - Zack Sabre Jr
Best In Non-Matches - 2nd Place - Jay White
Best In Non-Matches - 3rd Place - Cody Rhodes
Favorite Wrestler - 1st Place - Chuck Taylor
Favorite Wrestler - 2nd Place - Zack Sabre Jr
Favorite Wrestler - 3rd Place - Minoru Suzuki
Least Favorite Wrestler - 1st Place - Bad Luck Fale
Least Favorite Wrestler - 2nd Place - Joey Janela
Least Favorite Wrestler - 3rd Place - Yoshi-Hashi
Best Manager/Personality - Wes Barkley
Worst Manager/Personality - Alex Marvez
Best Announcer - 1st Place - Excalibur
Best Announcer - 2nd Place - Tony Schiavone
Best Announcer - 3rd Place - Chris Charlton
Worst Announcer - 1st Place - Alex Marvez
Worst Announcer - 2nd Place - idk some bad company pos
Worst Announcer - 3rd Place - Jim Ross
Most Improved Wrestler - Lance Archer
Most Improved Non-Wrestler - Alex Marvez
Best Face - Hiroshi Tanahashi
Best Heel - Hiroshi Tanahashi
Best Match - 1st Place - include competitors, promotion & date - 10/14 | Will Ospreay (C) vs. El Phantasmo for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship - New Japan King of Pro Wrestling.
Best Match - 2nd Place - include competitors, promotion & date - 05/25 | Dustin Rhodes vs. Cody Rhodes - AEW Double or Nothing
Best Match - 3rd Place - include competitors, promotion & date - 06/29 | Cody vs. Darby Allin - AEW Fyter Fest
Worst Match - 1st Place - include competitors, promotion & date - 04/06 | Flip Gordon, Juice Robinson & Mark Haskins vs. Bully Ray, Shane Taylor & Silas Young in a Street Fight - G1 Supercard
Worst Match - 2nd Place - include competitors, promotion & date - 06/09 | Kota Ibushi (C) vs. Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship - NJPW Dominion
Worst Match - 3rd Place - include competitors, promotion & date - 04/06 | Mayu Iwatani (C) vs. Kelly Klein for the Women of Honor Championship - G1 Supercard
Best Show - 1st Place - include promotion & date - 05/25 AEW Double or Nothing
Best Show - 2nd Place - include promotion & date - 08/29 AEW All Out
Best Show - 3rd Place - include promotion & date - 06/05 NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Finals
Worst Show - 1st Place - include promotion & date - idk some WWE poo poo probably
Worst Show - 2nd Place - include promotion & date - idk some WWE poo poo probably
Worst Show - 3rd Place - include promotion & date - idk some WWE poo poo probably
Best Promotion - NJPW
Worst Promotion - WWE
Most Improved Promotion - Dragon Gate
Best Feud - Zack Sabre Jr vs. the G1 Climax
Worst Feud - Matthew Justice vs. His Own Brain
Best Gimmick - #JoinDarkOrder
Worst Gimmick - FreeAgentZ
Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic - Whoever called the ambulance at the Hammerstein show
Best Comedy Wrestler - Toru Yano
Best Brawler - Jon Moxley
Best Technician - Zack Sabre Jr.
Best High Flyer - Rey Fenix
Best Referee - Aubrey Edwards
Best on Social Media - Chris Brookes
Worst on Social Media - WWE
Best Move - Double Foot Stomp - Riho

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alex Marvez did like 2 shows and then vanished into the ether. He has no business in the "worst announcer" conversation the same year the fed literally brought back Jerry Lawler.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Best Comedy Wrestler

1st place (tie): Orange Cassidy & Toru Yano, 13 points each

Also receiving votes:
2 points each: Lulupencil, Ryusuke Taguchi
1 point each: Danhausen, Invisible Man, Kikutaro, Sakura Hirota

Best Brawler

1st place: Jon Moxley, 14 points
2nd place: Tomohiro Ishii, 10 points
3rd place: Nick Gage, 3 points

Also receiving votes:
1 point each: Barbaro Cavernario, Hangman Page, Kazuyuki Fujita, Lance Archer, Minoru Suzuki, Shingo Takagi, Takashi Sugiura, WALTER

Best Technician

1st place: Zack Sabre Jr., 26 points

Also receiving votes:
1 point each: Daniel Bryan, Hideki Suzuki, Hikaru Sato, Johnny Gargano, Jonathan Greshman, Kenny Omega, Rey Fenix, Shingo Takagi, YAMATO

Best High Flyer

1st place: Will Ospreay, 17 points
2nd place: Rey Fenix, 6 points
3rd place (tie): Bandido & Shun Skywalker, 3 points each

Also receiving votes:
2 points: Alex Zayne
1 point each: Barbaro Cavernario, Dragon Lee, Mayu Iwatani, Ricochet

Best Referee

1st place: Aubrey Edwards, 19 points
2nd place: Red Shoes Unno, 6 points
3rd place: Bryce Remsburg, 3 points

Also receiving votes:
1 point each: Chris Roberts, Drake Wuertz, Head Ref Yagi, Hijo del Tirantes, Kris Levin, Natsuki Taiyo, Rick Knox

Best on Social Media

1st place: Chuck Taylor, 13 points
2nd place (tie): Big E, David Starr, & Maki Itoh, 3 points each

Also receiving votes:
2 points each: Erick Stevens, Hangman Page, Malcolm Bivens
1 point each: Chris Brookes, Dave Meltzer, Jon Moxley, Kazuchika Okada, Nick Gage, Oney Lorcan, Yuki Kamifuku

Worst on Social Media

1st place: Seth Rollins, 29 points

Also receiving votes:
1 point each: AEW, Bryan Alvarez, Corey Graves, Jim Cornette, WWE

Best Move

1st place: Made in Japan, 3 points

Also receiving votes:
2 points each: Coffin Drop; Death Rider; Hurrah! Another Year, Surely This One Will Be Better Than the Last; The Inexorable March of Progress Will Lead Us All to Happiness; JUDAS EFFECT; One Winged Angel (by Kenny Omega); Pumping Bomber; Rolling Pencil
1 point each: Avalanche Tombstone Piledriver – PAC; Big Bang Theory - Kris Statlander; Black Mass; Brazilian Kick; Brutalizer – PAC; Buckshot Lariat; Canadian Destroyer; Destino; Double Foot Stomp – Riho; Dragon Suplex Hold - Mayu Iwatani; Hidden Blade; Kamigoye ; Last of the Dragon - Shingo Takagi; Okada's Perfect Dropkick; One Winged Angel (Nick Gage) specifcally nick gage doing it NOT kenny omega or anyone else just nick "fuckin" gage; Rainmaker

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I suddenly remember my votes for Best Referee and Best Move

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

quote:

1st place: Seth Rollins, 29 points

Also receiving votes:
1 point each: AEW, Bryan Alvarez, Corey Graves, Jim Cornette, WWE

Holy poo poo what a landslide ahahaha

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seth is so bad at Twitter he lost a beef to Will Ospreay :lol:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Benne posted:

Seth is so bad at Twitter he lost a beef to Will Ospreay :lol:

Seth is so bad at twitter he turned heel. I know that doesn't sound like much but it's kind of fuckin' wild when you think about it. That's honestly an angle I'd expect from, like, Chikara, or the undercard of AEW after it's been around a year or two.

Best on Social Media

1st place: Chuck Taylor, 13 points

Best Move

1st place: Made in Japan, 3 points

:hai:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TriffTshngo posted:

Seth is so bad at twitter he turned heel. I know that doesn't sound like much but it's kind of fuckin' wild when you think about it. That's honestly an angle I'd expect from, like, Chikara, or the undercard of AEW after it's been around a year or two.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jesus CHRIST lmao

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Holy loving poo poo, J-Ru

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

username at the time was stone cold 64

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Benne posted:

Alex Marvez did like 2 shows and then vanished into the ether. He has no business in the "worst announcer" conversation the same year the fed literally brought back Jerry Lawler.

"idk some bad company pos" is doing some real heavy lifting for me, but it's also down to lack of perspective on my part. I have watched exactly zero minutes of Jerry Lawler footage from the yool 2019, while I watched shows with Marvez and he didn't even get moments where I could honestly say I saw potentially in him as an announcer, ergo voted Marvez and 2019 Jim Ross in as worst announcer, and gave a cop out answer because the truth was I liked most of the comms on shows I watch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Please fix your avatar text

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

God yes

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Best Feud

1st place: Jushin Liger vs. Minoru Suzuki, 4 points
2nd place (tie): Chris Jericho vs. Cody; Cody vs. MJF, 3 points each

Also receiving votes:
2 points each: Adam Cole vs. Johnny Gargano; Cody vs. Dustin Rhodes; David Starr vs. Jordan Devlin; Jon Moxley vs. Kenny Omega; Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA
1 point each: Arisa Hoshiki vs. Tam Nakano; Big Mami vs. Lady Maravilla; Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston; David Starr vs. Joey Janela; El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori vs. Will Ospreay & Robbie Eagles; Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. KENTA; Jay White vs. Kazuchika Okada; Jon Moxley vs. Juice Robinson; Kento Miyahara vs. Naoya Nomura; Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito; Lucha Bros. vs. The Young Bucks; Natsu Sumire vs. Saki Kashima; Taichi vs. Tomohiro Ishii; Zack Sabre Jr. vs. the G1 Climax

Worst Feud

1st place: Seth Rollins vs. The Fiend, 11 points
2nd place: Lana & Lashley vs. Rusev, 8 points

Also receiving votes:
2 points each: Baron Corbin vs. Seth Rollins; Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans
1 point each: Baron Corbin vs. Shorty G; Baron Corbin vs. Roman Reigns; Dark Order vs. The Elite; Do No Resucitate vs. Progress; Layce Evans vs. Natalya; Matthew Justice vs. His own brain; Tetsuya Naito vs. Me Trying to Enjoy NJPW; The Crucible; The Miz vs. Shane McMahon; WWE vs. their viewers

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddamn it still boggles the mind to think about just how legitimately terrible that Seth/Fiend feud was.

"Tetsuya Naito vs. Me Trying to Enjoy NJPW" :laugh:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Best Show

1st place: Wrestle Kingdom 13, New Japan, January 4 – 63 points, 6 first place votes
2nd place: Double or Northing, AEW, May 25 – 62 points, 9 first place votes
3rd place: Best of the Super Juniors Finals, New Japan, June 5 – 37 points, 6 first place votes
4th place: All Out, AEW, August 31 – 16 points
5th place: TakeOver New York, NXT April 5 – 14 points, 2 first place votes

Also receiving votes:
13 points: Full Gear, AEW, November 9, 2 first place votes
10 points: Kobe Pro Wrestling Festival, Dragon Gate, July 21, 2 first place votes
8 points each: Ultimate Party, DDT, November 3, 1 first place vote; G1 Climax Finals, New Japan, August 12, 1 first place vote; G1 Climax Night 7, New Japan, July 20, 1 first place vote
7 points: Backyard Wrestling, GCW, July 4
6 points each: Royal Quest, New Japan, August 31, 1 first place vote; Bloodsport, GCW, April 4; Fyter Fest, AEW, June 29
5 points each (1 first place vote each): Dynamite, AEW, October 2; G1 Climax Night 1, New Japan, July 6; G1 Climax Night 13, New Japan, August 3; Worst Behavior, GCW, August 22
4 points each: Joey Janela’s Spring Break 3 Part 1, GCW, April 5; G1 Climax Night 17, New Japan, August 10
3 points each: Ice Ribbon, March 31; King of Gate Night 1, Dragon Gate, May 9; NXT TakeOver XXV, NXT, June 1
2 points: King of Pro Wrestling, New Japan, October 14
1 point each: Coming to America, DDT, April 4; Dangerous Gate, Dragon Gate, August 24; G1 Climax Night 16, New Japan, August 8; Heavy Lies the Crown, Beyond, December 31; TakeOver: Toronto, NXT, August 10; TakeOver: Cardiff, NXT UK, August 31; Orange Cassidy Is Doing Something or Whatever, Who Knows?, GCW, April 6; Slammiversary, Impact, July 7; Southern Showdown, New Japan, June 29; Super Strong Style, Progress, May 6; YMZ, October 29

This one kind of sucked to count. All I have left are the more annoying ones. Apologies for any shows which I mistranslated the date on due to being American.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm legit surprised that WK13 beat Double or Nothing since so many of the matches on that card felt rushed. I see that Double or Nothing got more first place votes but obviously the 2nd and 3rd place votes knocked WK over the top (by a single point!), but it is still surprising.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, WrestleKingdom winning on 2nds and 3rds feels right to me, Double or Nothing was a loving legendary show, but it was very all or nothing on whether you are into AEW and not into New Japan versus being into New Japan and not AEW being much easier since AEW just started this year on American television.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm just glad I wasn't the only Ultimate Party voter. Incredible show and the best Omega match since Okada IV.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I didn't vote for Double Or Nothing because I didn't have the money to catch it live and I didn't have time to watch it in the summer shuffle, same reason the Super Junior final missed my ballot.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I'm just glad someone else recognized who good that Kobe World show was. Every match was good and satisfying and they managed to make a 5 and a 1/2 hour show feel like 3 hours.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Yeah, WrestleKingdom winning on 2nds and 3rds feels right to me, Double or Nothing was a loving legendary show, but it was very all or nothing on whether you are into AEW and not into New Japan versus being into New Japan and not AEW being much easier since AEW just started this year on American television.

I remember nothing from Double or Nothing except Cody vs Dustin. I remember much more of WK13 (I voted for neither)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think I voted for Double or Nothing but maybe it was Best of the Super Juniors? I remember loving both shows at least!

gently caress, maybe it was All Out? I remember having a lot of difficulty choosing but I'm glad to see them all up there in the votes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

I remember nothing from Double or Nothing except Cody vs Dustin. I remember much more of WK13 (I voted for neither)

Bucks/Lucha Bros was a great spotfest, Omega/Jericho was considered pretty good, Sammy looked impressive on the kick-off show, there was a fantastic 6-woman joshi showcase, Kylie Rae made her one appearance for the company and SCU/Stronghearts was a solid opener. I voted Double or Nothing, as much for the feeling of 'holy poo poo, everything has changed' as for the quality of the show itself

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh yeah, the show had CIMA and Aja Kong.

I definitely didn't love WK13 because of how rushed it all felt. A good, not great show.

Think I ended up voting for BOSJ finals but maybe it was Kobe World?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Best Overall Wrestler - 1st Place Kazuchika Okada
Best Overall Wrestler - 2nd Place Will Ospreay
Best Overall Wrestler - 3rd Place Kota Ibushi
Best Overall Wrestler - 4th Place Hiroshi Tanahashi
Best Overall Wrestler - 5th Place Cody
Best Wrestler In Matches - 1st Place Will Ospreay
Best Wrestler In Matches - 2nd Place Kazuchika Okada
Best Wrestler In Matches - 3rd Place Hiroshi Tanahashi
Best In Non-Matches (interviews, angles, etc) - 1st Place Chris Jericho
Best In Non-Matches - 2nd Place Cody
Best In Non-Matches - 3rd Place Tony Schiavone
Favorite Wrestler - 1st Place Toru Yano
Favorite Wrestler - 2nd Place Kazuchika Okada
Favorite Wrestler - 3rd Place Kenny Omega
Least Favorite Wrestler - 1st Place Yoshi-Hashi
Least Favorite Wrestler - 2nd Place Baron Corbin
Least Favorite Wrestler - 3rd Place Sami Callihan
Best Manager/Personality Katsuyori Shibata
Worst Manager/Personality Lana Day
Best Announcer - 1st Place Excalibur
Best Announcer - 2nd Place Kevin Kelly
Best Announcer - 3rd Place Rocky Romero
Worst Announcer - 1st Place Corey Graves
Worst Announcer - 2nd Place Michael Cole
Worst Announcer - 3rd Place Alex Marvez
Most Improved Wrestler Nyla Rose
Most Improved Non-Wrestler Katsuyori Shibata
Best Face Cody
Best Heel KENTA
Best Match - 1st Place - include competitors, promotion & date Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi - NJPW G1 Climax August 10, 2019
Best Match - 2nd Place - include competitors, promotion & date Kazuchika Okada vs SANADA - NJPW G1 Climax Aug 3, 2019
Best Match - 3rd Place - include competitors, promotion & date Cody vs Dustin Rhodes - AEW Double Or Nothing May 25, 2019
Worst Match - 1st Place - include competitors, promotion & date Bray Wyatt vs Seth Rollins - WWE Hell in a Cell Oct 6, 2019
Worst Match - 2nd Place - include competitors, promotion & date Goldberg vs Undertaker - WWE Super Show Down June 7, 2019
Worst Match - 3rd Place - include competitors, promotion & date #1 Contenders Gauntlet Match with No Finish - WWE Raw Dec 12, 2019
Best Show - 1st Place - include promotion & date NJPW G1 Climax Night 7 - July 20, 2019
Best Show - 2nd Place - include promotion & date NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13 in The Tokyo Dome - Jan 4, 2019
Best Show - 3rd Place - include promotion & date AEW Double or Nothing - May 25, 2019
Worst Show - 1st Place - include promotion & date WWE Super Showdown - June 7, 2019
Worst Show - 2nd Place - include promotion & date WWE Crown Jewel - Oct 31, 2019
Worst Show - 3rd Place - include promotion & date WWE Hell In A Cell - Oct 6, 2019
Best Promotion NJPW
Worst Promotion WWE
Most Improved Promotion AEW
Best Feud Chris Jericho vs Cody
Worst Feud Rusev vs Lana
Best Gimmick Jungle Boy
Worst Gimmick The Nightmare Collective
Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic WWE Stranding their wrestlers in a hostage situation following Crown Jewel
Best Comedy Wrestler Toru Yano
Best Brawler Tomohiro Ishii
Best Technician Zack Sabre Jr.
Best High Flyer Will Ospreay
Best Referee Aubrey Edwards
Best on Social Media Chuck Taylor
Worst on Social Media Seth Rollins
Best Move JUDAS EFFECT

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Also, here's the verbatim votes for most disgusting tactic.

Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic
Whoever called the ambulance at the Hammerstein show
WWE-Saudi relationship
Saudi blood money
Saudi Arabia first women's match fair progressivism
Blood Money Shows
Saudi Arabia
Interracial cuck angles on WWE TV
WWE continuing to work with Saudi Arabia
Lana/Lashley Wedding
Saudi Blood money
WWE's PR for Saudi Arabia
WWE in Saudi Arabia
WWE Stranding their wrestlers in a hostage situation following Crown Jewel
WWE Saudi Arabia
WWE continuing to go to Saudi Arabia
The Double Gold Dash
WWE abandons most of its roster in Saudi Arabia
WWE's continued shilling for Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia is actually cool and good
The Kylie Ray stuff
Leaving the WWE roster in Saudi Arabia
RUSEV CUCK ANGLE
Rusev cuck angle
WWE using Roman Reigns' Cancer
-
Saudi Arabia poo poo
WWE still working with Saudi Arabia
WWE promoting in Saudi Arabia
WWE stranding their workers in Saudi-Arabia
WWE/Saudi Arabia
WWE doing literal propaganda for Saudi Arabia
WWE continuing to do business with people who murder journalists
WWE Blood Money Parts 3 & 4
blood money shows
Vince strands his wrestlers in Saudi Arabia after having a dick waving contest with an inbred royal

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Worst Show
1st place: Hell in a Cell, WWE, October 6, 74 points (9)
2nd place: Super Showdown, WWE, June 7, 65 points (9 first place votes)
3rd place: Crown Jewel, WWE, October 31, 33 points (2)

Also receiving votes:
25 points: WrestleMania 35, WWE, April 7 (4 first place votes)
14 points: TLC, WWE, December 15 (1)
8 points: G1 Supercard, NJPW/RoH, April 6 (1) (note: one of these votes specifically mentioned just the RoH portion)
6 points: No Apologies, Blackcraft, April 6
3 points: Final Battle, Ring of Honor, December 13; Smackdown, WWE, October 4
2 points: Royal Rumble, WWE, January 27; Stomping Grounds, WWE, June 23

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 21, 2020

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Wish I could remember how I voted

e: also, why do you have HIAC down twice in 2nd and also-received-votes?

Venomous fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 21, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Legitimately shocked that Hell in a Cell lost. But I also have no actual memory of Super Showdown!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Venomous posted:

Wish I could remember how I voted

e: also, why do you have HIAC down twice in 2nd and also-received-votes?

Good catch. I use an Excel formula to count votes with matching names, but it doesn't work if you miss names!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Worst Match
1st place: The Fiend vs. Seth Rollins, Hell in the Cell, October 6, 126 points (22 first place votes)
2nd place: Goldberg vs The Undertaker, WWE Super ShowDown, June 7, 46 points (3)
3rd place: Brock Lesnar vs Kofi Kingston, WWE Smackdown, October 4, 12 points

Also receiving votes:
6 points each: Asuka and Kairi vs. Becky Lynch and Charlotte, WWE TLC, December 15; Dalys la Caribena vs. Metalica, CMLL Anniversario, 9/27; Kelly Klein vs. Mayu Iwatani, G1 Supercard, April 6
5 points each (1 first place vote each): Bayley vs. Becky Lynch vs Shayna Baszler, Survivor Series 2019; Bully Ray, Shane Taylor & Silas Young vs. Flip Gordon, Juice Robinson & Mark Haskins, G1 Supercard April 6; Kazuchika Okada vs SANADA, King of Pro Wrestling, October 14; Luke Hadley vs El SHLAKO, GCW Backyard Wrestling, July 4; Tracy Smothers vs Marko Stunt, GCW NGI, September 21
4 points each: Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez, Crown Jewel, October 31; The Miz vs. Shane McMahon - Wrestlemania 35 April 7
3 points each: 50 Man Battle Royal, WWE Super Showdown July 6; Chris Jericho vs. Tetsuya Naito, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13, January 4; Johnny Blackcraft vs David Starr, Blackcraft No Apologies, April 5; Kazuchika Okada vs SANADA, Wrestling Dontaku, May 3; Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito, Dominion, June 9; PCO vs Rush, RoH Final Battle, December 13; The Fiend vs. The Miz, TLC, December 15
2 points each: Baron Corbin vs. Kurt Angle, WWE WrestleMania 35, April 7; Lacey Evans vs. Natalya, WWE Raw, October 7
1 point each: #1 Contenders Gauntlet Match, WWE Raw, December 12; Adam Cole vs. Johnny Gargano NXT TakeOver Toronto, August 10; Advertencia, Lunatik Extreme & Ovett vs. Memo Romero, Shere Khan & Terremoto, Zona 23, January 20; Batista vs. Triple H, WrestleMania, April 7; Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair vs Ronda Rousey, WWE Wrestlemania 35, April 7; Braun Strowman vs Tyson Fury, WWE Crown Jewel, October 31; Michael Elgin vs Takashi Sugiura, NOAH Battle of Asthetics, November 2; Seth Rollins vs Baron Corbin, WWE Stomping Grounds, June 23

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

22 first place votes, holy poo poo (and well deserved).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
Hadley/Shlak was loving hilarious. Not sure it was intended, but it was loving hilarious.