Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
No one posted fanart after the debacle and the chat thread ban - and literally after the debacle it died out super hard to the point it became an emote - and the poster that still cares about that poo poo was defending FYAD transphobic garbage and just ate a 24h probe for it.

That being said, yay, GDQ!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

I want a new shirt so the ones this year better be good!!!!

Update: Goemon and Monkey Ball are good. I wish the Sekiro shirt was a cooler Sekiro shirt and didn't have, uh, Solaire on it.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Dias posted:

No one posted fanart after the debacle and the chat thread ban - and literally after the debacle it died out super hard to the point it became an emote - and the poster that still cares about that poo poo was defending FYAD transphobic garbage and just ate a 24h probe for it.

Oh, is there not going to be a chat thread then? :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is this going to be the fast thread

Are we going to have a fast thread.

E: Can we please have a fast thread

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, FAU isn't an admin anymore so we could ARGUE there could be a fast thread...we could also use this thread as a fast thread and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T POST ECCHI BULLSHIT

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

If you wanna do some JO with Samus or 2B that's fine but just don't post your wank-bank in this thread.

And jesus christ do not lewd the squid-kids.

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Demicol posted:

Has https://gdqvods.com/ stopped working for anyone else? Tried a couple different browsers too.
The site is up but it only loads the background, nothing else.
It's working for me in firefox 71

that said, there's a box at the top that says

quote:

Welcome to the new and improved GDQ VODs! It may seem like not much has changed but this update is a complete re-write so if you notice anything wrong please let me know by sending an email to email.gdqvods@gmail.com. If things are going really wrong or you're just feeling nostalgic, you can find the old site here.

hopefully that helps you

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Incoherence posted:

Not going; he didn't get any runs in and he's not local to AGDQ this time since it's not in the DC area, so he decided to do ESA again instead of just flying in to host.

Jon is big in europe

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ill just say that for sgdq there wasnt a fast thread and it worked out great

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dias posted:

I mean, FAU isn't an admin anymore so we could ARGUE there could be a fast thread...we could also use this thread as a fast thread and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T POST ECCHI BULLSHIT

Oh did he just get kicked entirely or what happened.

Only thing I recall is him getting drunk and doubling down on being a rear end to *everyone* last year.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh did he just get kicked entirely or what happened.

Only thing I recall is him getting drunk and doubling down on being a rear end to *everyone* last year.

FAU just got burned out and resigned, i don't think there's any drama there

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ironically posting weird horny art inevitably lead to people going too far with it. Thus the chat thread died, and it isn’t worth saving at this point to be honest. So if you wanna post some fanart here’s a cool guide I made:

If you have to ask yourself the question “is this fanart too horny to post?” then don’t loving post it.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Brother Entropy posted:

FAU just got burned out and resigned, i don't think there's any drama there

Yeah that's fair. Just remember him being kinda rude is all.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Why is the EDF run done one-handed

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

bandaid.friend posted:

The runner doesn't have much of a choice...

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Solarin posted:

Jon is big in europe

i would say it's more that ESA is ludicrously, transparently desperate to scoop the bigger names that GDQ is leaving on the table, so they're super willing to put up whatever he wants to do. So he gets to do the things he wants to do, like Golf.

i mean poo poo why not, really. But still. That's the dynamic there.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

bandaid.friend posted:

Part of halfcoordinated's body is paralyzed, which includes one of his hands.

He's a blast to watch, be sure to tune in for his run.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

bandaid.friend posted:

the runner is halfcoordinated. he has a disability that only gives him fine motor control in one side of his body. he doesn't have much of a choice in the matter.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I like EDF and am glad the runner's able to play it too

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

French Accent posted:

Part of halfcoordinated's body is paralyzed, which includes one of his hands.

He's a blast to watch, be sure to tune in for his run.

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize, but the description makes sense. That's really cool.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i would say it's more that ESA is ludicrously, transparently desperate to scoop the bigger names that GDQ is leaving on the table, so they're super willing to put up whatever he wants to do. So he gets to do the things he wants to do, like Golf.

i mean poo poo why not, really. But still. That's the dynamic there.

yeah no doubt. I don't know how he doesn't get a run in every GDQ essentially by default, sort of how it seems PJ does. But I don't know a lot of things really.

I was mostly making a joke, because he is physically large. He is a robust man

e; the joke is he will be big and in europe

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Pants Donkey posted:

Ironically posting weird horny art inevitably lead to people going too far with it. Thus the chat thread died, and it isn’t worth saving at this point to be honest. So if you wanna post some fanart here’s a cool guide I made:

If you have to ask yourself the question “is this fanart too horny to post?” then don’t loving post it.

The chat thread was great and 99% of the fan art was fine. If a poster gets out of line then that specific poster should be probated/banned. Killing the whole thread was dumb.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Former Human posted:

The chat thread was great and 99% of the fan art was fine. If a poster gets out of line then that specific poster should be probated/banned. Killing the whole thread was dumb.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Former Human posted:

TBF the chat thread was:

80% emptyquote
15% good poo poo
5% horney.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
After seeing them at RPG Limitbreak, I'm excited to see that they've put Super Hydlide and Hoshi wo Miru Hito back to back. Also someone is playing Castle of Dragon a little after that, and I bear a grudge against that game since I was given it as a Xmas present one year.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

SoftNum posted:

TBF the chat thread was:

80% emptyquote
15% good poo poo
5% horney.

And 110% comfy

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
GDQ is a comfy topic with usually comfy and cool runners. Raising cancer money? Comfy reason.

I love GDQ.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
What's up thread, pumped for a week of speed

The 7th Guest posted:

good yetee shirts

I'm in my mid 30's and I kind of want a shirt with Sonic Hedgehog on it, help

(Definitely getting the water bottle though)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
looking forward to the event, and hopefully the people running it stop tripping over themselves whenever there is an issue with the community or PR

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
As a mod I will say that

a) Fun fanart can most certainly be posted
b) Do not go overboard with it
c) Please report anyone who does not follow a and b properly and I promise they will be hit (now that we mods have longer automatic probation lengths I can help stop things for longer so as not to ruin the whole thread)

I want you to have fun in this thread and while I do not have the time to follow on as it happens, I will most certainly respond to reports/pms/emails

Let us have a great 2020 GDQ! :D

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I honestly liked that the thread slowed down enough to actually read posts and not just people posting Samus fanart no matter what game was on.

That said, some of the best memes from previous GDQs were so good they deserved to be emptyquoted by many. I like random screencaps, reaction images and giffed scenes (thanks to everyone who has made those on the past).

As for t-shirts, I like Goemon and Ufouria ones, but why does the latter have to be mint green?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I always feel sad that as a filthy, stinking yank, Ufouria passed me by in the age where I most would have appreciated it.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Unfortunately I won't be able to spend every waking hour watching the stream and posting with friends as I used too.

However I do actually have some disposable income now so I can finally donate without feeling guilty.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Where's the pennant :mad:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Looking forward to all the good runs this week. For the first time I'm on a dual monitor setup which should make things much easier for me.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Just gonna post this as a reminder.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

:emptyquote:

Just getting in some early practice

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

I really like this and concur tremendously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

for the first time in my life, i have a job with paid time off. so i took this entire week off so i can watch what the gently caress ever i want to watch.

i am hyped as gently caress :getin: